• ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    The POTUS doesn't get vetted for security clearance, no matter his background. The same is true for the majority of his aides and major appointments. If this weren't so, Bill Clinton wouldn't have HAD a staff when he was Pres.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    There was no travel ban to Pakistan when Obama went. Getting a visa was as simple as asking for one at any border crossing or airport. I really don't know where this nonsense comes from.

So no ban but still does not explain Indonesia or a real birth cert not created with Adobe. The man (I use that term loosely) is a fake. Still many more things require explanation.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    that margin just proves that 52 percent of the people who voted in 2008 were either nieve or ignorant of the facts or just ignorant!!

It certainly couldn't be that they didn't want to vote for John "Cash And Vacations For Influence" McCain, a man who sold his influence to Charles Keating then got off on a technicality at the Senate Hearings.

Remind me. Who all was naive, ignorant of the facts, or just ignorant? 98%? Or do Republicans view Influence Peddling as simply another of the lesser evils?

1943Izzy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Liberty
    It certainly couldn't be that they didn't want to vote for John "Cash And Vacations For Influence" McCain, a man who sold his influence to Charles Keating then got off on a technicality at the Senate Hearings.

Remind me. Who all was naive, ignorant of the facts, or just ignorant? 98%? Or do Republicans view Influence Peddling as simply another of the lesser evils?
    Plus McCain was born in Panama outside of the canal zone. But just as in Obama's case he still was a US citizen at birth because one or both of his parents were US citizens.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit

They voted for empty promises. Hell, so did the Nobel Committee.
    Society has fallen so deeply asleep, so blind to all but the world of their immediate surroundings, that it's no small wonder O was elected.

We might as well have the "Unicorn, Puppies, and Rainbow" party spewing glitter farts and handing out lollipops to everyone. Republican, Democrat what is the difference anymore except from where all their financial support comes?

45-70

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Cale
    Society has fallen so deeply asleep, so blind to all but the world of their immediate surroundings, that it's no small wonder O was elected.

We might as well have the "Unicorn, Puppies, and Rainbow" party spewing glitter farts and handing out lollipops to everyone. Republican, Democrat what is the difference anymore except from where all their financial support comes?

Correct on all counts, +1

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO

I just wish someone would tell me when all these better days were, when people voted on issues and the parties were very different, and politicians kept their promises.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I thought that the media (the alleged fourth branch of government) was charged with looking into these types of issues? At least they used to do these kinds of things...but mostly just when they are Republicans (anyone remember what was done to Sarah Palin?)...or even worse...conservatives or libertarians.

The media is not the fourth branch of government, alleged, or otherwise. It's been called the fourth estate, which is term originating from the British parliament. Basically it just means they have a lot of influence on the political process. As to your other observation, I agree.

Plus McCain was born in Panama outside of the canal zone. But just as in Obama's case he still was a US citizen at birth because one or both of his parents were US citizens.

U.S. law at the time was such that both parents had to have been citizens.

I've never had an opinion as to whether there is anything to this or not. I've always wondered, though, why he didn't just release it to begin with, and why he didn't insist Hawaii release all official documents. Just as he hasn't released his school transcripts, which has become pretty standard. There may or may not be anything to it, but his secrecy in the matters has always made me wonder.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I just wish someone would tell me when all these better days were, when people voted on issues and the parties were very different, and politicians kept their promises.

Sadly, I cannot provide.

U.S. law at the time was such that both parents had to have been citizens.

I've never had an opinion as to whether there is anything to this or not. I've always wondered, though, why he didn't just release it to begin with, and why he didn't insist Hawaii release all official documents. Just as he hasn't released his school transcripts, which has become pretty standard. There may or may not be anything to it, but his secrecy in the matters has always made me wonder.

I was under the impression that the Two Parent Citizen rule was the basis for this action in GA. Did that law change, if so when?

I too, am perplexed at the amount of secrecy surrounding the so called "Most Transparent Presidency" in history.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

McCain was born on a US military base, IIRC, to two American citizen parents.

Obama's father was never a US citizen, and at the time of his birth, his mother was 18. US law at the time required that for a mother to give her child citizenship by birth, she had to have been a US citizen herself for five years after her 14th birthday.

Further, when he went to Indonesia and was enrolled in a madras (school) only available to Indonesian citizens and dual citizenship was not allowed at the time by that country, he could not be a US citizen and be enrolled. Even if he was born a US citizen, that citizenship was renounced. Where is the record of him being (re?) naturalized?

Too many questions. When he's had the power of the office of the President for two years, it would be a simple matter to forge a birth certificate or any other government document when you ARE the government (or at least have the full power of it at your disposal) If you want the birth certificate to be believable, it needs to be released prior to entering office.

I can only conclude that he failed to do so on purpose to keep people talking about it and not talking about other issues.

As for releasing his transcripts... You don't do that if you don't want people to see you were a barely-average student who bought his way onto the law review or for that matter, into the school itself... or any number of other ethically-questionable possibilities.

Just my thoughts.

Blessings,
    Bill

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO

Obama's father was never a US citizen, and at the time of his birth, his mother was 18. US law at the time required that for a mother to give her child citizenship by birth, she had to have been a US citizen herself for five years after her 14th birthday.

Further, when he went to Indonesia and was enrolled in a madras (school) only available to Indonesian citizens and dual citizenship was not allowed at the time by that country, he could not be a US citizen and be enrolled. Even if he was born a US citizen, that citizenship was renounced. Where is the record of him being (re?) naturalized?

Too many questions. When he's had the power of the office of the President for two years, it would be a simple matter to forge a birth certificate or any other government document when you ARE the government (or at least have the full power of it at your disposal) If you want the birth certificate to be believable, it needs to be released prior to entering office.

I can only conclude that he failed to do so on purpose to keep people talking about it and not talking about other issues.

As for releasing his transcripts... You don't do that if you don't want people to see you were a barely-average student who bought his way onto the law review or for that matter, into the school itself... or any number of other ethically-questionable possibilities.

Just my thoughts.

Blessings,
    Bill

I agree with the above about the transcripts and the birth records. I'd be very surprised to find out that he's not actually a natural born citizen, but I wouldn't be surprised to find something that would be embarassing for him, perhaps a lie that got him into the school, or perhaps a discrepancy in his birth record.

As to his college record, there may be more than one interesting thing to find. First, I don't think he's shown himself to be more than above average intelligence - right there in tight grouping of Bush, Gore, and Kerry. I think that would blow his image to find out that his grades were the same or worse than W's. Also, it may show that his grades and or SATs or LSATs weren't of the quality that would have gotten him into Harvard Law School.

They may also show that he used something about his early foreign background to gain an advantage, which would also add fuel to the birther fire.

It may just be that he's taking a principled stand against revealing information he considers irrelevant, but that doesn't seem likely given other actions he's taken.

One thing is for sure: he has the power to end all speculation if there's nothing to this, and all he has to do is live up to his most famous campaign promise - be transparent.

He's demonstrated something I've been afraid someone would have the brass spheres to do for a long time, though. He'll tell you he will do a thing, then he'll do the opposite, then he'll tell you he did the thing he said he'd do originally. And the media goes along, so the idiots go along, too.

I'll tell you this much about the man - he knows more about how to move his agenda than anyone in recent memory, except perhaps Reagan.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy

Whether this makes him "natural-born" is still considered a serious legal question:

McCain’s Canal Zone Birth Prompts Queries About Whether That Rules Him Out - New York Times

Personally I believe he should be considered natural-born, but that obviously has no legal weight at all.

This is the issue for me. He was a child, so presumably his parent(s) would have to have renounced his citizenship. At that place and time it would seem to have had to happen. I suppose it could be argued that he didn't do it himself, but that really shouldn't matter unless we are to accept that parents have no rights over a child, which I don't think would sell. I'm certainly not buying it.

I think he's keeping a bit of fog over his birth certificate in order to obscure this. Misdirection comes in many forms. Even today this is not an active issue. That makes me go hmmmm.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Anyone who wishes to be - or cares about being -taken seriously, aboveboard, would have put this to rest a long time ago. He has not, and refuses to do so. Facts are irrefutable, so if you need to bury a few, you should do precisely as he has done: obfuscate, accuse, be defensive, and then release a non-official copy of the document you wish to hide, all while claiming that this now solves the issue. Also helpful is accusing those who want the truth of being narrow-minded, bigots, or of not focusing on 'important' issues. Hey, if it works for the weasel who dug his way into the highest office in this land, it could just work for you too!

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    On another note about this.

I hope very much that he is natural-born, or if he's not, that we don't find out while he's President. I think it might be a dagger in the heart of the Constitution, because many people will say out loud instead of whispering it, that the Constitution is no longer relevant.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    On another note about this.

I hope very much that he is natural-born, or if he's not, that we don't find out while he's President. I think it might be a dagger in the heart of the Constitution, because many people will say out loud instead of whispering it, that the Constitution is no longer relevant.

Perception is reality... but only to the sheep.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Who paid for his college?
    What passport did he use when he went to Pakistan in the early 80's, when I believe it was illegal for Americans to travel to Pakistan?
    I've only heard that we have seen copies of his birth certificate and not the actual document, is this true?
    Why has Obama spent such large sums of money to hide this stuff?

Just curious ...

Maybe you were thinking of his visit to Kenya (!) in violation of the Logan Act???

Obama Violated ‘Logan Act’ During Kenyan Campaign, says Former US Attorney

Forgive the WND link. But it's the best I could find for brevity while touching on the many facets of one single trip.

Here's a another link fleshing out the relationship between Obama and Odinga: Obama and Odinga: The True Story

Perhaps. But it's also possible that if the 2-3% swing voters had as much information on the Kenyan as they did on McCain, they would have decided that McCain was a better man to sit in the Oval Office. The only conclusion that can be drawn from 2008 election is that the pig with the lipstick looked better than McCain. Strip the pig of his lipstick and and let's see what people think.

And I'm just gonna leave this here:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH4GX3Otf14[/ame]

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    If I'm not mistaken at the time of the writing of the Constitution a natural born citizen was one where both parents were citizens and residents of the US for more than 5 years at the time of the birth as opposed to just one parent in which case the child was just a citizen. So if that is the case then McCain would be a natural born citizen because both parents were US citizen on a US base.

In Obama's case only his mother was a US citizen, his father never was, therefore under the meaning of "Natural born" as the meaning was applied when the Constitution was written, Obama in not a Natural Born citizen, he's just a citizen.

The founding fathers wanted to make sure that the person who held the Office of the President wasn't some British guy who just came over but rather a person who had a vested interest in the County.

But who knows, words and meanings get twisted over time so it's anyone guess how it will be interpreted today. :dunno:

Top Bottom