• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShelbyCo.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2010
    Marietta
    My brother had a friend over the other day and while he was there he used my brothers computer to purchase some "body armor". less than an hour later the friend gets a call on his cell phone from an unidentified male. The caller knows all of the friends info and proceeds to tell him that he has made an illegal purchase and needs to cancel his order. The friend argues with the caller insisting is is not illegal to make that purchase in Indiana and eventually gives in and cancels his order.
    My question to the friend was why he did not ask the caller to identify himself. He said that he did not think to ask at the time and just wanted to end the call.
    My questions now are:
    1. Who could this mysterious caller be?
    2. Is there a law about this type of purchase I am unaware of?
    3. Any questions or comments from you?

I am the cheese

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    I keep the ATF number in my phone. It seems strange that the caller didn't identify themselves. The ATF have been professional enough to answer any questions I have had, so far.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    My understanding is that it is not illegal to purchase and own. Where the illegality comes in to play is when someone wears the body armor in the commission of a crime.

ShelbyCo.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2010
    Marietta
    Just spoke with a LEO. he thinks maybe the friend purchased a "classification" not legal for civilians.? Maybe caller was website/firearms dealer that realized the friend was not legal to purchase this particular item.?

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Just spoke with a LEO. he thinks maybe the friend purchased a "classification" not legal for civilians.? Maybe caller was website/firearms dealer that realized the friend was not legal to purchase this particular item.?
    That's kind of what I was thinking, too. I don't know what would be legal or illegal, but I'm thinking perhaps someone from the company he bought from may have been the caller.:dunno:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    That's kind of what I was thinking, too. I don't know what would be legal or illegal, but I'm thinking perhaps someone from the company he bought from may have been the caller.:dunno:

If it was someone from the company, they should have identified themselves.
    To me, it sounds like maybe someone works at the company, but THINKS you shouldn't have it.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I have a full set of PASGT frag vest and helmet, all the kevlar stuff, plus SAPI plates for the rifle rounds. I've never been able to find them illegal to possess in IN, and most of it I've gotten online. Nobody has objected.

ShelbyCo.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2010
    Marietta
    I asume they got his number from the order. I dont talk to the guy much. Only if he is around when I see my brother. I will pass the info on to my brother and he can tell him if he chooses. I just thought the call was a bit strange and that others would like to hear about it.

Top Bottom