• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I go to Dicks and Target on occasion. Also use to step foot in the mall to that pet adoption place when we were looking for a new puppy -not sure if it is there anymore or not.

I remember as a kid having to walk from the outskirts of the parking lot to get inside around Christmas time. Now you can almost get front row without having to try.

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    Haven't been to Washington Square in decades. What a hell hole. Surprised people don't get killed there everyday.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Other than not much is in there, why would you think people would be killed there every day? Still have a couple of nice anchor stores, I'll give you it isn't what it was years ago, but not bad. Out lots still have nice businesses around, places across the street aren't bad or close to being bad.

Only thing that comes to mind of being not the greatest is one apartment complex tucked away on a side street to the east of the mall.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    This, much like sandy hook

I doubt it. In my opinion, just some savage that doesn't know how to deal with being disrespected, so he solves his "problem" with a gun.
    Same savage has very little value for human life, and could care less about those by standers that got hit. He never practices with his gun, just at times like these. He has NO business owning a firearm, I just wish an armed citizen had been there to smoke his a$$.

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    Any store that has a no gun sign is a gfz. Not everyone knows the signs carry no weight of law in indiana. Many will see the sign and follow the rules. Criminals dont.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Likely picked up by national news outlets because "Washington Square Mall" sounds alot like "Washington Mall" - you know, the place with things like the Lincoln Memorial. Clickbait 101: Make Something Sound Like Something Else.

My grandmother lives far eastside, and I remember going to Washington Square as a kid. It was fun and seemed different from Castleton, in my youth. For some reason, went through there a few years ago. It didn't seem so nice.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Hey BBI - seeing you post here made me wonder, if the original target wasn't "random" but the casualties (well, at least 1 of them) wasn't the intended target, would this get counted in your other data?

It seems like this would get tricky, definitionally. Probably better to rely on complete randomness - no known connection whatsoever, even if it limits the sample size.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Such a shame for an area that was once a really nice place to be. As a kid, my aunt and uncle lived not far from there. We used to go Trick-or-Treating in their neighborhood with my cousins without a care in the world. Now, it's a place you don't want to be after dark, and even during daylight hours, it can be sketchy.

I've got mixed feelings about fleeing to the suburbs, because at one time, this WAS the suburbs. If all the good citizens leave, there will be no one left to make a stand. Then again, maybe there's not as much left in that area worth fighting for, which is why the folks who can afford to do so are leaving.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Why hasn't the alleged shooter been identified at this point? The victim argued with the shooter, so he knows who it is. No info on news outlets, which means he's probably a ....

Ahhh fuggedaboutit. The news bureaus here are busy covering sports. No time to do hard news with facts.

Top Bottom