Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    After my wife heard that the NFL is now gonna play the Black National Anthem before the Star Spangled Banner at games this year, she went looking for a 3-iron.

I think she's preparing to hit somebody in the throat. I'm keepin' a low profile.

The 3 iron is a great choice as it is a very capable club.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    th

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I am betting this was just hastily put together recently and **** me running if I ever hear it.

Based on the Wikipedia link Jedi posted it seems it's been around for quite a while. The lyrics aren't bad. There are messages of freedom and liberty I think most of us could get behind if we look at it honestly.

Unfortunately those pushing in now aren't generally interested in having an honest discussion about race. They seek to divide us.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Based on the Wikipedia link Jedi posted it seems it's been around for quite a while. The lyrics aren't bad. There are messages of freedom and liberty I think most of us could get behind if we look at it honestly.

Unfortunately those pushing in now aren't generally interested in having an honest discussion about race. They seek to divide us.

And they are being very successful in this division.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Decline is a choice. Seattle's Democrat politicians really want to kill their own city.

So, with businesses struggling and in some cases closing due to the Wuhan coronavirus and the local administration actively providing support services for the Marxist CHAZ, the city council decided that there hasn't been enough damage yet and is expected to approve the largest business tax increase in Seattle history on Monday.

The majority of Seattle City Council members said the more than $300 million budget shortfall due to COVID-19 is why Teresa Mosqueda’s tax measure should pass.

So, businesses that have less income should be taxed more? :facepalm:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Decline is a choice. Seattle's Democrat politicians really want to kill their own city.

So, with businesses struggling and in some cases closing due to the Wuhan coronavirus and the local administration actively providing support services for the Marxist CHAZ, the city council decided that there hasn't been enough damage yet and is expected to approve the largest business tax increase in Seattle history on Monday.

So, businesses that have less income should be taxed more? :facepalm:

It is the way of the dems. And some rep's as well.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I've read the lyrics of "Lift Every Voice and Sing" (written in 1900 and set to music in 1905), the so-called "Negro National Anthem" (as dubbed by the NAACP in 1919). I have no problem with the lyrics.

Honestly, I'll be looking for the separation of church and state crowd to get the vapors over the NFL broadcasting what is, in reality, a hymn:

Lift ev’ry voice and sing,
    ‘Til earth and heaven ring,
    Ring with the harmonies of Liberty;
    Let our rejoicing rise
    High as the list’ning skies,
    Let it resound loud as the rolling sea.
    Sing a song full of the faith that the dark past has taught us,
    Sing a song full of the hope that the present has brought us;
    Facing the rising sun of our new day begun,
    Let us march on ’til victory is won.

Stony the road we trod,
    Bitter the chastening rod,
    Felt in the days when hope unborn had died;
    Yet with a steady beat,
    Have not our weary feet
    Come to the place for which our fathers sighed?
    We have come over a way that with tears has been watered,
    We have come, treading our path through the blood of the slaughtered,
    Out from the gloomy past,
    ‘Til now we stand at last
    Where the white gleam of our bright star is cast.

God of our weary years,
    God of our silent tears,
    Thou who has brought us thus far on the way;
    Thou who has by Thy might
    Led us into the light,
    Keep us forever in the path, we pray.
    Lest our feet stray from the places, our God, where we met Thee,
    Lest, our hearts drunk with the wine of the world, we forget Thee;
    Shadowed beneath Thy hand,
    May we forever stand,
    True to our God,
    True to our native land.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I think its just the first game.
    After my wife heard that the NFL is now gonna play the Black National Anthem before the Star Spangled Banner at games this year, she went looking for a 3-iron.

I think she's preparing to hit somebody in the throat. I'm keepin' a low profile.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I think its just the first game.

[video=youtube_share;ngFDy52eCZY]http://youtu.be/ngFDy52eCZY[/video]

I think this is my favorite performance of the song.

Look, I have nothing against the song.

To me, it's like having turkey on Thanksgiving. You are fond of turkey. It's a great tradition to eat it on a certain date. It's wonderful....but, it's only a portion of the dinner. There is stuffing, and cranberries and mashed potatoes & gravy, or yams, and pumpkin pie. The dinner isn't a turkey dinner. It's dinner with turkey.

And, after a few days of turkey sandwiches and turkey omelets and turkey ala king, you're pretty sick of turkey and don't want to see it again for awhile.

That's what this push of equality and police interaction with the black community seems to be.

I get it. George Floyd was the last straw. It's time to do something about it. Let's get moving. Why are you still vibrating in place and protesting? Oh, because of the ENTIRE list of grievances?

Bro, no. I'm not going along with it. Mostly cuz I don't buy it as fact. And when you stuff your blackness into the conversation 24/7, I'm beginning to remember that last Turkey sandwich after Thanksgiving and how I haven't had one in 6 months. I'm done with turkey. Maybe have a ham this year.

Do you get it? You've overwhelmed the conversation to the point I don't want to hear any more. I don't want to see you protesting. I especially don't want to see you burning and looting.

Let's get back to the first priority: Police reform.

If we can't get there, I think it's gonna be on you....cuz you're losing your audience.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    [video=youtube_share;ngFDy52eCZY]http://youtu.be/ngFDy52eCZY[/video]

I think this is my favorite performance of the song.

Look, I have nothing against the song.

To me, it's like having turkey on Thanksgiving. You are fond of turkey. It's a great tradition to eat it on a certain date. It's wonderful....but, it's only a portion of the dinner. There is stuffing, and cranberries and mashed potatoes & gravy, or yams, and pumpkin pie. The dinner isn't a turkey dinner. It's dinner with turkey.

And, after a few days of turkey sandwiches and turkey omelets and turkey ala king, you're pretty sick of turkey and don't want to see it again for awhile.

That's what this push of equality and police interaction with the black community seems to be.

I get it. George Floyd was the last straw. It's time to do something about it. Let's get moving. Why are you still vibrating in place and protesting? Oh, because of the ENTIRE list of grievances?

Bro, no. I'm not going along with it. Mostly cuz I don't buy it as fact. And when you stuff your blackness into the conversation 24/7, I'm beginning to remember that last Turkey sandwich after Thanksgiving and how I haven't had one in 6 months. I'm done with turkey. Maybe have a ham this year.

Do you get it? You've overwhelmed the conversation to the point I don't want to hear any more. I don't want to see you protesting. I especially don't want to see you burning and looting.

Let's get back to the first priority: Police reform.

If we can't get there, I think it's gonna be on you....cuz you're losing your audience.

Very well said!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom