• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Not saying it is right, but it is WAY more correct than what is currently going on.

If my cuz was killed on your street by cops, would it be *MORE* appropriate for me and my family to burn down the closest roll call site, or your house because it just happens to be near where my family member was killed?

Not saying it would be TOTALLY appropriate, but would you say it is MORE appropriate? Like if you smarted off to me, should I punch YOU in the mouth, or your neighbor across the street because he was watching?

Depends.

Who’s bigger?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I thought the NG had been called up. Where are they?

Serious question, what do you expect them to do?

How many post-9/11 NG units are trained and equipped for civil disobedience work? From a LTC, pretty much none outside of a few MP units.

People complain about "military tactics" from LE, do you think anyone is going to let the NG be put in an enforcement role with potential use of lethal force and little to no training on how to do anything but war fight?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    if that is what you think is implied, you are incorrect.

the advocacy in there being consent in that this type of policing being once acceptable then as now is WHY we are here now. Because of that ideology being passed down is why these officers found it acceptable to "knee-boot" a handcuffed, compliant detainee, and other officers not at the very least de-escalating that specific situation, and many others, is why communities are boiled over. These protests are necessary, the destruction and riots, are not. But do not feign surprise when it happens.

You might try reading my post again. I didn't advocate it, I didn't make an argument to bring those days back, I simply stated fact. That was a deterrent which no longer exists and has not been replaced with anything.

What you are advocating and justifying is an entirely different matter.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The good news all those who've been fantasizing about civil war and/or living in an area with no governmental control can now take a field trip and experience it. See if it lives up to the hype and all that.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I hope neither the State or the Feds provide a dime to rebuild any of it. Let insurance pay out the victims and they can relocate elsewhere, let them have the city so they can show the rest of the world how it's supposed to be done.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The good news all those who've been fantasizing about civil war and/or living in an area with no governmental control can now take a field trip and experience it. See if it lives up to the hype and all that.
    No thanks, I'm good.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I hope neither the State or the Feds provide a dime to rebuild any of it. Let insurance pay out the victims and they can relocate elsewhere, let them have the city so they can show the rest of the world how it's supposed to be done.

Maybe corporations will learn a valuable lesson about giving a mouse a cookie when it comes to getting involved with political causes.

Who am I kidding, no one ever learns, no matter how extreme the matter is...

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    To recap the story I read:

Former officers were called about a forgery at a deli. Counterfeit money? Bad check? They encounter the suspect and believe him to be under the influence of something. After a scuffle with the former officers, the deceased is cuffed, face down, with a knee on his neck. Former officers believe he’s suffering medical distress and call an ambulance. They continue to keep him in that position with a knee on his neck and he dies.

So, the former officers are presumably aware of the medical issues one may face while under the influence of something, plus the stress of a fight. They’re concerned enough to call an ambulance, but leave him in a position known to lead to positional asphyxiation while adding stress of a knee in the neck. At no point did the other three former officers intervene. All four deserve to be in hot water.

Why the looting and destroying property? Why are people destroying CHP cars in California when those officers had nothing to do with it? What does this situation have to do with the hundreds of thousands of other officers out doing a great job every day?

I predict these situations will slowly lead to a culture in policing of not doing anything. If courts aren’t going to hold people accountable, and the community will hate you for what others have done, why take the risk? Hopefully not in my lifetime, but I see that as the road we are on.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom