• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have not been sequestered. Do you know of a specific threat as to a specific juror?

While I agree, there is a bad feeling in the air, assuming that a juror will be attacked is not warranted given a long history of all kinds of crazy trials and it, essentially, never happening that anyone has pointed out.

When some of the jurors are driving through fences, barbed wire, and rioting crowds on their way to the court room.... Uh, this seems to be kind of common sense to me.

Like sitting next to a bomb as the clock is ticking down and saying "but it hasn't exploded yet so there's no danger."

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    When some of the jurors are driving through fences, barbed wire, and rioting crowds on their way to the court room.... Uh, this seems to be kind of common sense to me.

Like sitting next to a bomb as the clock is ticking down and saying "but it hasn't exploded yet so there's no danger."
    In fairness, what is legally reasonable and what is reasonable in reality are often two different things

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    giphy-3-1.gif

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    regardless of the verdict, law enforcement in urban America will never be the same. why would any officer put their career or their life on the line knowing theyll just get the same treatment.

expect the rise in crime in urban America over the next decade to make the 1970s look like heaven.

As I've said a million times before, either the cops take the risk and call for a blue flu, or this nonsense is just going to keep snowballing until they end up in prison for merely conducting a traffic stop.

A blue flu right as riots start would be a good wakeup call to those up the chain.

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    As I've said a million times before, either the cops take the risk and call for a blue flu, or this nonsense is just going to keep snowballing until they end up in prison for merely conducting a traffic stop.

A blue flu right as riots start would be a good wakeup call to those up the chain.
    MPD should start their blu flu tomorrow but they wont of course

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central

I don't think it would be a wake up call to those up the chain, they've already stopped police from doing their jobs in many places.

It may be a wake up call to the citizens that believe the police are going to protect them. Until those people want things changed I don't see it happening.

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    I don't think it would be a wake up call to those up the chain, they've already stopped police from doing their jobs in many places.

It may be a wake up call to the citizens that believe the police are going to protect them. Until those people want things changed I don't see it happening.
    change doesnt come from the bottom up. thats the lesson no one seems to want to understand from 2020 or this Trump/Obama/Bush era. the elites will use their power and wealth and influence to corrupt everything. they would rather destroy the world through another world war than acquiesce.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    TV trials give a skewed idea of how long trials last. In Indiana I would wager that most murder trials, even complicated ones, last about 2 weeks. Sometimes it's 4 days, sometimes 3 weeks, but hardly ever longer than that.
    zimmerman trial lasted a lot longer, guess i figured this one would too.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    change doesnt come from the bottom up. thats the lesson no one seems to want to understand from 2020 or this Trump/Obama/Bush era. the elites will use their power and wealth and influence to corrupt everything. they would rather destroy the world through another world war than acquiesce.
    I agree, but if the people that support everyday life are fine with what's going on around them change won't happen.

The government is not going to swoop in and save them. People have to want the change.

Top Bottom