• ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    This popped up on my newsfeed this morning. :popcorn:

Hemp is used to make paper, rope, fabric, oil, biodegradable plastic, biomass fuel, fiberboard, a replacement for wood products, cosmetics, conditioners, sunscreen, detergent, art supplies, food products...and more.

The seeds are high in amino acids, help digestion, improve immunity, lower cholesterol, improve skin & hair condition, increase metabolism, and relieve pre menstrual syndrome.

The U.S. Constitution drafts were written on hemp paper.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtnqQUJ29s8[/ame]

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Sure. I've got a recipe book from a dietitian that relies heavily on hemp and flax seeds. Great for specific internal probs... Mighty tasty muffins, they both make, too. :)

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    People who are inclined to do such things are eager to remind us that none other than George Washington was a grower of this crop.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    In addition to those uses, I understand that if you set some on fire and breath in the smoke you get tore up from the floor up.

Not exactly..

Feral Hemp or what is known as "Ditch Weed" was the variety mostly widely used for industrial purposes. It's THC is so low, you'd have a easier time getting drunk of non-alcoholic beer before you caught a buzz off of it.

Quite honestly I could care less about this issue. I'd like to see people realize the potential of the product, as it once was a huge part of our economy, but before all that why can't we seem to anything about poison ivy?! Seriously, you can sprinkle some crap on your yard that can kill 35-40 different varieties of weeds and keep your grass alive. But we can't come up with something to once and for all kill that stupid rash causing plant. Seriously I am completely fine with some "mad scientist" types doing some "planet of the apes" type experiments to rid the world of that crap. At least if giant monkeys are running around I can shoot and kill them.

Last edited:

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Not exactly..

Feral Hemp or what is known as "Ditch Weed" was the variety mostly widely used for industrial purposes. It's THC is so low, you'd have a easier time getting drunk of non-alcoholic beer before you caught a buzz off of it.

DebbieDowner2.jpg

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    For those who want to go down the other road THC is a fantastic drug, and 1000 years ago, you didn't have heavy machinery, vehicles, nor was anyone dependent on each other in kinds of pass/fail ways that we are now. I would like to think folks were much more responsible 1000 yrs ago also.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    For those who want to go down the other road THC is a fantastic drug, and 1000 years ago, you didn't have heavy machinery, vehicles, nor was anyone dependent on each other in kinds of pass/fail ways that we are now. I would like to think folks were much more responsible 1000 yrs ago also.

Must you always be a voice of reason ?

I say tax it , smoke it up , then maybe we can get out of debt and tell the rest of the world to kiss our collective ass .

PaulJF

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Linden
    Must you always be a voice of reason ?
    [/COLI

I say tax it , smoke it up , then maybe we can get out of debt and tell the rest of the world to kiss our collective ass .

I've been in handcuffs and I've been in jail. Not really wanting tp be in that position again. Make this **** legal and I will pay whatever taxes are imposed and smoke it up!

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Why do we have to smoke it? Can't we just use it for more practical reasons? I am all for it if it helps us in all aspects of industry, but if people just want it leaglized so they can smoke it, then whats the point. Just get drunk?

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    In addition to those uses, I understand that if you set some on fire and breath in the smoke you get tore up from the floor up.
    Not really. There are different kinds for different purposes. You can't smoke the kind that's used for rope or fabric. Well...I guess you *could*, but you wouldn't get the effect you're attributing to it.
    Not exactly..

Like so ^.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Not really. There are different kinds for different purposes. You can't smoke the kind that's used for rope or fabric. Well...I guess you *could*, but you wouldn't get the effect you're attributing to it.

Like so ^.

Jesus everybody stop jumping on me. I thought you potheads were supposed to be more chill. :D

Different strains of the same plant the way it sounds to me.... And the illegality of hemp is due to the drug aspects. Not because Uncle Sam doesn't want you to have good cheap rope.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Never smoked it myself, and I wouldn't, but this prohibition thing is insanity. It costs us money on the front end with enforcement, costs us money on the back end with imprisonment, doesn't slow anyone down getting the stuff, and sends money to the cartels instead of our own farmers. It could be a profit instead of a loss if these people would just realize and admit they can't stop it.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Never smoked it myself, and I wouldn't, but this prohibition thing is insanity. It costs us money on the front end with enforcement, costs us money on the back end with imprisonment, doesn't slow anyone down getting the stuff, and sends money to the cartels instead of our own farmers. It could be a profit instead of a loss if these people would just realize and admit they can't stop it.

We'll have none of that making sense here buddy. Drugs are bad and I for one am glad mommy government tells people what they can and can't ingest.

Top Bottom