Following the Waukesha slaughter, will progressive Marion County Prosecutor Ryan Mears be scrutinized?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I heard he was the judge over the case of the guy that shot 5 people at the funeral home on W 30th St last year. That guy got some sweet treatment as well.
    To my way of thinking, there should be one question in deciding who should qualify to be a judge. "Do you promise to sentence those who have been found guilty to the harshest penalties allowable by law?" If they answer anything but "Yes", they should be disqualified from being considered.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    It got worse. Now they're claiming Brown was having a seizure and didn't realize he was shooting Allan. Despite him not having a single seizure in the 4 years he's been in jail. :xmad: Now they've taken life without parole off the table too.

In a better scenario, an armed citizen would have put the beast down during its "seizure".

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    To my way of thinking, there should be one question in deciding who should qualify to be a judge. "Do you promise to sentence those who have been found guilty to the harshest penalties allowable by law?" If they answer anything but "Yes", they should be disqualified from being considered.
    It wasn't even sentencing, it was dropping charges and allowing GPS monitoring.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

...According to online court records, Young has previously been charged in 21 criminal cases, 11 of those including felonies. Those cases have resulted in seven felony convictions. The case from last week is still pending. The list of charges does not include Wednesday morning’s events...

Carl-Young-Jr-on-web-background.jpg

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Does IN reserve the right of individuals to summon a grand jury?

Could be useful when combined with Give Send Go type funding to help provide the needed resources.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I'm at a bit of a loss here.

His job is to enforce the laws, not to pick and choose what he likes or believes in, right?

Couldn't this be used as proof that he is not doing his job and thus get him removed?

I don't live in the area that he controls, or doesn't control in this instance, but just curious.

Guess if I decided to switch sides and go on a crime spree I know the area I would choose.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Not according to your video. KS,ND,NE,NM,NV,OK are the states it can be done in.
    Yeah, I didn't know if anyone had proposed such a thing in Indiana or no, though it'd be unlikely given the age of the law referenced in the video. Of course, the best solution is not having a useless DA like Mears.

Top Bottom