• ...and so much more!
  • dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Add me to the list of people that has had TSA cut a lock of a checked firearm.

Another consideration is that there are occasionally airports..i think it was Orlando.. that ziptied my bag so i could not get into it and theoretically get my firearm out on airport property.
    Of course they also made it my problem how I was going to get into the suitcase later. So carry some kind of cheap pocket knife in an outer suitcase pocket that you can access to cut the zip tie if you need to.

I say cheap pocket knife, because I've also had a good pocket knife stolen by TSA so I would try to do a good job of hiding that

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    So the flight plan is indiana, Colorado, then North Dakota. Reverse on the way back. Hopefully everything goes smooth. I just dont want to lose thousands of dollars, cause some baggage guy has sticky fingers

I have flown from Ft Wayne to ORD(Chicago) or Dallas to Colorado and Ft Wayne to Salt Lake City with the same connection a couple times with firearms. Used a small pelican case with 2 small master locks and I kept the key with me. No locks cut or any issues with TSA or security. I would definitely use non TSA locks.

Top Bottom