• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    We got our flu shot about a month ago. The Boss just had a little soreness, I felt a little crappy for a couple of days. I got my corvid shot Saturday, just a little soreness for a day. And yes, I discussed it with my cardiologist and GP.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I stopped getting the flu shot when the Army stopped forcing me to. Conveniently, I also stopped getting the flu like clockwork every year when I stopped getting the flu shot. I've thoroughly enjoyed telling that to every medical professional who has asked me over the past 25 years and also thoroughly enjoyed them telling me that it was merely a coincidence and that I really should consider getting a flu shot. I'm not sure how humanity has survived my perpetually selfish refusal.

Still got my wisdom teeth and tonsils as well. I'm a walking miracle at 51yrs old.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I stopped getting the flu shot when the Army stopped forcing me to. Conveniently, I also stopped getting the flu like clockwork every year when I stopped getting the flu shot. I've thoroughly enjoyed telling that to every medical professional who has asked me over the past 25 years and also thoroughly enjoyed them telling me that it was merely a coincidence and that I really should consider getting a flu shot. I'm not sure how humanity has survived my perpetually selfish refusal.

Still got my wisdom teeth and tonsils as well. I'm a walking miracle at 51yrs old.
    I lost a lot of faith in our medical professionals when I had (who I thought were) good doctors look me straight in the eye, with a straight face, that paper masks were the key to stopping an air borne virus. The practice of medicine seems more about following protocol and policy than practicing medicine.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The practice of medicine seems more about following protocol and policy than practicing medicine.
    Those would be a distant 2nd and 3rd behind money. For every virtuous medical professional who would care for people for free there are four bureaucrats who would let you choke to death in front of them if you didn't have insurance to reimburse them properly for their services.

I have abandoned the idea of seeking medical services so long as I am able to utter a refusal. I go to the clinic for an annual checkup to get my meds refilled but that's about it. Medical care is for the rich who don't have to care and the poor who don't have to pay. I fall between the two where I'm supposed to willingly shackle myself to a lifetime of debt in hopes that things might improve after we play the game of "let's throw **** a the wall and see what sticks" for $1500/day.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I never do, not because of any specific reason other than I’ve never really had the flu more than a few times. And each time it was mild and over in a few days.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    This ^^^^.
    I've read it from several sources, and heard it from friends of the Mrs., who happen to work in the medical field.
    I have no faith in the safety of pharma any longer.

Or the knowledge of so called medical professionals. Any doctor still pushing the COVID vaccines should be removed from their position IMO.

tomcat13

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Near Louisville
    I realize I'm in the Minority here, but I'll add my 2 Cents..
    I've been getting a Flu Shot every Fall for 15-20 yrs & Had the Flu Once.
    Recently rec'd this year's Flu Shot & so far-no ill effects.
    I got the inital COVID Jab & second one, due to elderly In-Laws (didnt' wanna get Blamed for infecting them)
    I've had COVID Twice, so I'm DONE with COVID Jabs as they are ineffective IMO!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I started getting the flu shot when the wife's oncologist told me to about 10 years ago, so I will get it again. It has never been any big deal.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Yep. As I do most years. No effects other than a slight bit of muscle ache that evening. And getting the updated Covid one shortly. I’ll take my risks with the medical field over a bunch of demagogues any day.
    No, you are believing one set over another. One that has blatantly lied to you over and over.

No one said you couldn't make your decision, but you sit up there on your high horse.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Can demagogues wear suits, ties and lab coats?
    I’ve known idiot medical professionals, I’ve been in the field my entire life. I’ve also known medical professionals who are only chasing the buck. I’m very cynical about the entire healthcare industry. And there are also medical professionals who are demagogues.

But considering that most of the demagogues I know who came out most fervently as an anti-vaccine had zero medical training or experience, I consider on the balance, the demagoguery to be on the side of ignorance. And yes, you can find a medical professional who will tell you anything, and since I have studied epidemiology and disease transmission, extensively in my life, including some in the research side, I’ll still take my risks. You do you. The only reason I said anything in this thread, is this place is nothing but an echo chamber, and I think it’s useful for some folks to see that not everybody is on the same page as the prevailing opinion on Ingo. Just give it a couple pages; my opinion will be lost in here, and it’ll go back to being an echo chamber with only the group approved opinions.

And before somebody says it, I don’t think anybody should be forced to get it. I believe in the freedom of choice. With this my fellows, I am out.

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm not a very passionate person. I don't get riled up by much. The flu shot thing for me is not based on my, or others, opinion of the efficacy, political ramifications or the doctors.

It is merely my mindset that I try to stay healthy by eating well, exercising much and getting 8 hours of sleep per night. I am almost 64 and am on zero prescription drugs.

And when it comes to illness, I want to fight it naturally as much as I can. My mindset is that man wasn't supposed to live in comfort but to brace against discomfort and fight it with his or her own faculties. If I succumb to the flu or whatever, then it is my time.

And to say that some people need some pharmaceutical help, okay I get that. But have those people done everything they can in their power to be healthy? How is your weight? How often do you vigorously exercise? How much sleep do you get? What are you eating on a regular basis?

I will do everything in my power to be healthy and reach for professional medical assistance as a last resort.

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    And before somebody says it, I don’t think anybody should be forced to get it. I believe in the freedom of choice. With this my fellows, I am out.
    Thank you for sharing your insight.
    My question is not a gotcha, it's an honest inquiry of your educated opinion.
    With the benefit of hindsight, do you think recipients of the jab, had adequate "informed consent" before accepting the product?

Top Bottom