• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    For a moment let's go with your premise. Let's say beyond the shadow of a doubt this was 100% "opps didn't mean to pull the trigger, finger slipped"

This does not absolve him of the responsibility of of the bullet that came out of the gun. We preach these rules till we are blue in the face.

You are on the hook for every bullet that comes out of your gun intentional or not so keep your fingers crossed off the trigger until you are ready to destroy what ever it's pointed at.

Would it be the difference between 1st and 2nd degree murder?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Would it be the difference between 1st and 2nd degree murder?

"Murder", degree aside, always required proof of intent to kill. If there was no specific intent to kill, it would be a manslaughter of some type, reckless homicide or negligent homicide. Different states have different specific wording in their statute as to what a killing without murderous intent would be called.

Fun fact: Fin Indiana, we don't use terms like 1st degree or 2d degree murder.

Last edited:

REAL2ALL1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Safford, Arizona
    All I have to go on is the video and the accounts provided by the New York posts. So Man gets shot after assaulting a older man arguing with the younger man's wife, right? Next the video shows the older man on the ground and reaching for something. The older man pulls out a hand gun and points it at the
    younger man that just assaulted him, next thing you know the older man shoots the assailant, right? So is that it? for all you guys that say, "IT WAS NOT" Stand your ground. Well I would have to disagree with you. The older man in question was obviously infirm in some way because he uses the handicap parking a lot. So he does have health issues. Next what about the other guy? The young man walking out with the assailant? Did the shooter also see that person walking towards him as well? Now, we have a infirm older man that has already been attacked by one younger man and now there appears to be a second man becoming part of the situation. Now, tell me how this doesn't change anything. Watch the video and then watch the second man from the door. As soon as the assault happens he exits the door and now goes towards the incident. When you only have a few seconds to make a decision you have to make one. It's easy for a "Tuesday Armchair Quarterback" to call the shots while the game is over, lets see how well you do when you're in that game at the moment. Sometimes you have to make the hard choices in what you do. Situation was bad at the beginning and to only show one side of the story, shame on you NEW YORK POST for not giving all the facts and just a liberal point of view that only shows one side and nothing more.

Blissm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2012
    In one article, the driver says “I minded my own business … I didn’t do anything wrong.”. Uuuhhmmmm.......WRONG! You parked in a handicap parking spot. There were plenty of other options. Your baby daddy won't be paying for your mistakes anymore, nor his. Very unfortunate for everyone involved. This never should have escalated to this level. Both sides overreacted IMHO.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Older man? He was 47. C'mon let's stop making excuses for that knucklehead. He started yelling at a woman or kid for no reason. Boyfriend pushed him, sure, went too far. I see nothing there approaching an attempt at deadly force. He is actually turning away from the guy when he is shot while displaying no further aggression whatsoever.

We get to shoot people who push us now because we think that that maybe they might do something else even though they are not? Good luck with that.

I'm starting to see what Kut's point would probably be in this situation, not in the shooting, but in the defense of the shooter's actions with so much vigor...or maybe it just "guy with gun is pretty much always right in my book". I guess I'm just grasping and speculating at how this could be seen as good. Whatever, you guys who think this is okey dokey must be seeing something different than I do.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    ...The older man in question was obviously infirm[ed] in some way because he uses the handicap parking a lot. So he does have health issues.
    Where did you get that? Was there some other article? What did I miss? :dunno:

Next what about the other guy? The young man walking out with the assailant? Did the shooter also see that person walking towards him as well? Now, we have a infirm older man that has already been attacked by one younger man and now there appears to be a second man becoming part of the situation. Now, tell me how this doesn't change anything. Watch the video and then watch the second man from the door. As soon as the assault happens he exits the door and now goes towards the incident. When you only have a few seconds to make a decision you have to make one. It's easy for a "Tuesday Armchair Quarterback" to call the shots while the game is over, lets see how well you do when you're in that game at the moment. Sometimes you have to make the hard choices in what you do.
    You mean the guy that stands at the door?

If the shooter was blind sided by the shootee, then it stands to reason that he did not see the bystander who was past the shootee. The bystander approaches after the initial strike, but by that time the shooter has got tunnel vision. As soon as the gun comes out, the bystander skedaddles, thus not a factor.

Situation was bad at the beginning and to only show one side of the story, shame on you NEW YORK POST for not giving all the facts and just a liberal point of view that only shows one side and nothing more.
    You've got a pretty decent video, what more do you want? (well, Spec wants audio) I'm not sure where liberalism comes into play in the reporting; I don't see any bias. Perhaps you have an alternate news source with a different set of facts that you'd like to share.

In one article, the driver says “I minded my own business … I didn’t do anything wrong.”. Uuuhhmmmm.......WRONG! You parked in a handicap parking spot. There were plenty of other options. Your baby daddy won't be paying for your mistakes anymore, nor his. Very unfortunate for everyone involved. This never should have escalated to this level. Both sides overreacted IMHO.
    "Thou shall not park illegally under penalty of death."

Guardian65

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2018
    Kokomo
    The shooter was very fortunate that the DA didn't press some level of charges. I agree that the boyfriend should never have pushed the older guy down so violently and the drawing if the weapon was justifiable due to disparity of force and position and assault but (And it's a big BUT) the boyfriend had started to back away once the weapon was drawn.....the actual shooting is very dicey!!! I don't think I would have taken the shot. I also believe the shooter is in for a losing civil suit.

LARRY1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    i agree the video we were shown looks like a no shoot to me also, i dont know if that is all the video they have! but i heard an attorney on a gun channel talking about carry insurance he stated that just grabbing your gun and not pulling you can be charged with aggravated assault! doesnt make sense to me but i am not a lawyer!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    i agree the video we were shown looks like a no shoot to me also, i dont know if that is all the video they have! but i heard an attorney on a gun channel talking about carry insurance he stated that just grabbing your gun and not pulling you can be charged with aggravated assault! doesnt make sense to me but i am not a lawyer!

I take it that this "attorney" had something to do with selling the insurance...and does not practice in Indiana.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Now, we have a infirm older man that has already been attacked by one younger man....

Older man? He was 47. C'mon let's stop making excuses for that knucklehead. He started yelling at a woman or kid for no reason. Boyfriend pushed him, sure, went too far. I see nothing there approaching an attempt at deadly force. He is actually turning away from the guy when he is shot while displaying no further aggression whatsoever.

I've tried mentioning several times that 47 years old is not particularly elderly. The ones that actually realize this just turn around and anoint our shooter with cerebral palsy in an attempt to justify shooting someone who is not advancing. :):

...just a liberal point of view that only shows one side and nothing more.

I'm not so sure that shooting unarmed people who are not advancing on you is a conservative talking point.

Just wait until Antifa hears that you can shoot people who push you. :):

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

That settles it.

Boyfriend had to die.

Case closed.

:n00b:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    So who wants to go with me to bust some handicapped parkers? I might need some backup and a credible witness

If you want to make INGO heads explode, drive a Prius with a Trump bumper sticker to a Muslim bakery, park in a handicap spot and get out with a MAGA hat on (while open carrying), walk in and demand a cake for a gay wedding. Then, refuse to leave, and when the cops show up, repeatedly ask if you are being detained while refusing to show ID.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    If you want to make INGO heads explode, drive a Prius with a Trump bumper sticker to a Muslim bakery, park in a handicap spot and get out with a MAGA hat on (while open carrying), walk in and demand a cake for a gay wedding. Then, refuse to leave, and when the cops show up, repeatedly ask if you are being detained while refusing to show ID.

Lmao! While holding my cell phone screaming “I know my rights!” and “See you on YouTube!”

Rong

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    NE Indiana
    I think this whole story becomes incredibly relevant in a political atmosphere where people are being told to confront others that don't believe the way you do in public places.
    Once that confrontation becomes physical do we move into a stand your ground situation? If a celeb shoves a paparazzi can they drop the camera and pull a gun? These are tricky nuances we need to think about.

Top Bottom