• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Oh, please educate me on the coon vs the turkey population.

Coons love eggs, turkeys nest on the ground making their eggs an easy target for a variety of critters. I’ve heard of turkey populations increasing when coon numbers are reduced. I’ve seen turkey numbers increase when we took 10 coyotes off of our farm one year.

northtownship

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    Been using 4 coon cuffs and a live trap. I put a duck egg in the live trap and 5 or 6 pieces of Funke Coon Delight bait from rural king in the cuffs. The coon count so far is 12 in as many days. Put one of the cuffs in the duck coop since they were pulling the feeder out and dumping it everywhere. Got that one this afternoon.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Been using 4 coon cuffs and a live trap. I put a duck egg in the live trap and 5 or 6 pieces of Funke Coon Delight bait from rural king in the cuffs. The coon count so far is 12 in as many days. Put one of the cuffs in the duck coop since they were pulling the feeder out and dumping it everywhere. Got that one this afternoon.

Coon cuff does a good job and won't catch the neighbor's dog.. Though I do occasionally catch a possum. 1/4 cup of dry cat food works as bait.

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Saw a raccoon down the street across from humane society last week during the day. I have seen any around my house lately, but just ordered the coon cuffs. I can't stand trash pandas.

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    Coons love eggs, turkeys nest on the ground making their eggs an easy target for a variety of critters. I’ve heard of turkey populations increasing when coon numbers are reduced. I’ve seen turkey numbers increase when we took 10 coyotes off of our farm one year.

hard on turtle eggs too. Turtles lay eggs in my dads yard. Coons get a lot of them.

northtownship

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    Seems like groundhogs and possums like the duck eggs too. Hand a groundhog yesterday and a possum today. The turkey vultures have been eating well around here.

sonny

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2020
    Danville
    nice shot! those things are so destructive and are really able to adapt to most environments. I have always said the only creatures that would survive a nuclear war here on earth would be racoons

Top Bottom