• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    The story says the dude who lost his hand wouldn't answer questions from the locals about what he was doing. I'm thinking he was up to no good of course but if the blast bless out the jeeps window and took his hand off at the wrist, I'm guessing he couldn't hear much.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    You know, if he was out trying to scare someone or do some kind of prank, it sure looks like poetic justice. However, losing a hand is a bit severe. Then again, we don't know what the heck he was up to. I'm gonna watch some media from Spokane the next couple of days to see if they figure out, as Paul Harvey would say, "The rest of the story!"

Last edited:

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    The story says the dude who lost his hand wouldn't answer questions from the locals about what he was doing. I'm thinking he was up to no good of course but if the blast bless out the jeeps window and took his hand off at the wrist, I'm guessing he couldn't hear much.

Want to bet his new nickname will be "Lefty" :lmfao:

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Article says M-1000
    https://www.atf.gov/publications/factsheets/factsheet-illegal-explosives-devices.html

25-30 grams of explosive.

Not your average firecracker.
    That fact sheet seemed to indicated that the legal limit was 50 milligrams of "explosive". If black powder is the explosive material, 1 gram = 15 grains. A hot load for a 45 cal. muzzle loader with a round ball might be as much as 70 grains, 70/15 = about 4.66 grams if my math is correct. M1000 = 25-30 grams or 375 grains. Wow, just WOW!

Last edited:

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I read an article on that, it was so poorly written, it hurts to try and comprehend it.

Where does one even get a m1000? I used to have a few m80 laying around...

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I was in a local gun store when a guy came in to trade his semi-auto for something he could operate left handed. He'd picked up a lit firework to chuck it further away and it had went off costing him his pointer and middle finger, along with the majority of his ring finger. It was one of the "sub-munitions" that was in a sky rocket that had fell back down, nowhere near as big as the sucker under discussion in this thread. He's probably lucky to escape with just a lost hand.

ASD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2013
    Southside
    I used to get quarter sticks "m1000s" years ago from a guy in Delaware. Those things are no joke!! There wasn't much I couldn't blow up with one of those

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That fact sheet seemed to indicated that the legal limit was 50 milligrams of "explosive". If black powder is the explosive material, 1 gram = 15 grains. A hot load for a 45 cal. muzzle loader with a round ball might be as much as 70 grains, 70/15 = about 4.66 grams if my math is correct. M1000 = 25-30 grams or 375 grains. Wow, just WOW!
    That's a cannon load.

Top Bottom