• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    not now, but in the hopefully very near future, i will have the funds saved up for my next purchase. it will be a PO warthog or nite hawg. (same guns diff. finishes) and i think this time around i am open to buying used. other than ingo classifieds and a couple local gun stores,how do i find a used gun and inspect it for wear and tear?

any other general advice for buying a used gun since ive always bought new before?

jim b

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Most of my purchases are used and so far i have had good luck with buying used. There is always gun broker. I have never had any luck with finding any good deals on there but i know people who have. If you want something close you can inspect there is a search tool on gb where you can only search for items in Indiana. Also, let your local gun stores know what you are looking for. If they have somebody come in wanting to sell / trade that gun they might be more likely to make a deal with them knowing they might allready have a buyer. If they can't make a deal maybe the pass your info onto them.

Another suggestion is to find another forum, like INGO, that is specific to the brand you are wanting to buy. Join that, post messages, and watch the classifieds there. I am a beretta fan and a member of a beretta forum. A couple of years ago when i was looking to buy a PX4 i watched the classifieds on the beretta forums and was able to pick up a great deal on there from somebody from Indy.

LordTio3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    McCordsville
    If you do decide to go through Gunbroker or another site to find a weapon, the best advice in the world I can give you is to Take Your Time and be Patient. I know how it feels when you have the cash to buy a gun and you just can't wait to have it in your hand, but sites online (ESPECIALLY GUNBROKER) are riddeled with Professional Shop owners trying to make ridiculous bank on their merchandise by widening their market. I bought my Glock 19 through GB. After about 4 weeks of searching, I called around to several, and found one mine with 200 rounds through it, near mint condition, extra mag, case, lock, manual, shipping included for $415. You can find great deals, you just have to sift through the crap and be patient.

Good luck. Hope you love to Hog,
    ~LT

Top Bottom