• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    Came across a Northern Watersnake trying to swallow a catfish, could not do it because of the barbs on the fish's sides. Then a second snake came along and grabbed the tail. Then a third snake got into the action. They put on a show until one won and swam off with a fish it could not eat. Photo set here...

Snakes Fighting - a set on Flickr

bhowell34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Greenwood
    Man I hate snakes. Those pictures gave me the chills a little bit. We had a family of snakes at Grissom that were eating all the goose eggs. Gross little creatures

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Snakes "over there" aren't frightening.

When you're doing stuff and look down and then notice one....next to your foot or between them, those are the ones that get the heart going ;)

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    ...and again, amazing pictures! That'd be neat to see. I've seen two cotton mouths fighting over a smaller fish in Missouri but we were checking out the water in the river when we saw that and quickly got to a safe distance.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Those are amazing photo's! As much as I can't stand snakes they are beautiful at the same time.

Something about an animal that has no arms or legs but will fearlessly attack you if it wants to. It is like the "fear the man who only has one gun" kinda thing. If they appear to be at that much of a disadvantage but still act that bad ass they either know what they are doing or are crazy...either way I don't want any part of it.

Rey B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Great shots. I run a Nature Center at CMA's Woodcraft Camp in the summer. We had someone bring one of those in. After identification and a few pics he was returned to the wild. Can't have something that aggressive around the kids. My albino corn snake is perfect for teaching. She is so mellow.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I bet you would win a contest with these pictures. They are awesome. I had a snake in my back yard the other day curled up right up against the house. I am afraid of snakes no matter what the size. Thanks for sharing these awesome pics.

Top Bottom