• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    That is my hope......is that the kids of today that are playing with fire.......decide to just choose Love, Happiness and Peace. I think some of the finest people I know were young men in the 60's and 70's......and I mean that. They came from a different time, and lived like many of us should today. I wasnt born until 68, but man....my Uncles and older neighbors were some of the coolest people I ever have known and many are still my friends today.
    They were cooler back then because we had better music that they do today.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    We need to art a new thread about our favorite kid shows and let the youngin’s of today experience real life as a kid! When we had b/w tv…. 9in tv!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    We need to art a new thread about our favorite kid shows and let the youngin’s of today experience real life as a kid! When we had b/w tv…. 9in tv!

Oh yes, and even I remember aluminum foil around the rabbit ears, now the snowflakes need the aluminum foil around their heads.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-

Lightweight, we had a 14 inch black-and-white Zenith Until about 1976 when we finally got a color TV.

I remember watching the Moon landing and moonwalk on that old black and white.

Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    How can it be economically profitable to put fentanyl (or one of its analogues) into weed ? It makes sense to press it into counterfeit pills, use it to cut heroin etc. in order to increase profit margins, but to go through the extra time and expense to add it to weed seems counterproductive to the dealers bottom line. I understand that some people would add things like cocaine to weed ( sometimes called primo if I recall correctly ), and dipping joints in PCP or formaldehyde is a thing, but that's not really that common and its not something that would somehow make its way into the normal supply chain and be ingested by unsuspecting weed smokers.

Its also not like it would be useful as a method to pass off cheaper low quality weed as more expensive higher quality weed because adding fent wouldn't effect the color, crystals or smell of the low quality weed, and anyone who did smoke it would quickly know that the effect was inconsistent with higher quality weed. And the theory that the dealers are trying to get unsuspecting customers addicted to their product dosent make sense because they are likely to kill a lot more of their customers than they are going to get addicted to the fentanyl high. I also think most users would quickly figure out their weed had been laced and that would make them seek out other suppliers, which again would hurt their bottom line.

My gut feeling is that if someone is adding fent to weed, they are doing it intentionally for their own use (and possibly sharing it with unsuspecting friends) and not just getting it from their source that way. The entire point of selling drugs is to make a profit, which is not in line with hiding a much more valuable drug inside a cheaper drug. The only advantage I can think of is it being used as a method for transporting and selling small doses of fentanyl, so if they are caught they are only charged with the possession of marijuana and potentially evade the more serious offense of possession of the fentanyl.

For the record I am not saying it never happens, I am just saying I cant wrap my head around the motive and how it would benefit the dealer. Maybe someone who is smarter than me and is more familiar with the microeconomics of the street level dealers or even the macroeconomics of cartel level distribution models and logistics networks can weigh in and clear things up because I am baffled if this is truly happening on a large scale.

What is to b gained by adding fentanyl? I do not follow it, but it seems to me dead is not a good business model for the users or the dealers. Killing of your dope smoking customers will eventually lead to no customers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I know. I see people who think they are smoking week and end up needing narcan. They also ok it formaldehyde in it and other stupid crap

Yikes.
    I wouldn't think that happens, but I acknowledge that you have a front row seat where I am just speculating.
    Do uou most people in life/death situations generally tell the ER team the truth about illegal drug use?

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    When I worked in Saudi Arabia in 2011-2012 I would travel back and forth every couple of months. The line on the Customs Declaration form always stuck with me and I wish we would adopt the same policy in the US.
    WfwjSXu.jpeg

Top Bottom