20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Not sure how much I trust that article. It states that fentanyl is low risk when eaten but there have been quite a few OD's from fentanyl pills, and as for it being destroyed from heat smoking the gel from inside fentanyl patches is a thing.

But I think about the only risk with MJ would be accidental contamination. Which seems to be rare enough to be almost non existent.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Not sure how much I trust that article. It states that fentanyl is low risk when eaten but there have been quite a few OD's from fentanyl pills, and as for it being destroyed from heat smoking the gel from inside fentanyl patches is a thing.

But I think about the only risk with MJ would be accidental contamination. Which seems to be rare enough to be almost non existent.

Not a scientist, so IDK, was just trying to find counter points. Fentanyl gel versus pill would be cooked at different temperatures. Probably get different results if you ingested the gel.

Fentanyl pressed with other ingredients into pills is a big issue. I've known a few otherwise tolerable people go on xanax/fent fueled blackout rage fests with violence and destruction. Plus, a lot of these users aren't swallowing these pills, they crush them and snort or smoke it. (Couple of parties I'd rather I hadn't gone too.)

Accidental transfer is a likely vector. For example, friend of smoker crushes up a pill and snorts off the surface the smoker uses to roll their joint/blunt. Or drug dealer cut up and pressed the pills, then weighed out their bags of weed on same surface.

Where there is demand, there will be supply. Of anything. We need to treat why they are in the place they are using the substances they are ABUSING. Whether that's alcohol, drugs, medicine. Once they're a mess and using it's past where society failed. And by that I mean, family, friends, church, etc.

Add on top of all this, a class of people at all levels, supposedly there to help these people, who are only grifters taking their share of the pile. They'd rather the issue continue then solve it and be out of a job.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana

If any MJ is laced with Fentanyl, said MJ must be ingested in another manner besides smoking it.
    Yes - that does happens a lot. Plenty of edibles abound. Both home-made and bought through "proper" channels.
    We owe it to ourselves to stop perpetuating urban myths.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I figure Fentanyl will eventually drive the cost of getting high down, maybe start a price war between competing cartels. Considering the raw cost and no issues getting it from china to mexico, it's not like heroin or cocaine where the incoming product was expensive. Extended out by orders of magnitude and still able to deliver the sensation the addict wants it's a game changer in that business model.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Simple solution - don't smoke weed!:dunno:
    But is eating it, vaping it, Delta 9, Delta 10, CBD, wax, butter, chocolate all that simple? Truth is, seems like smoking weed is becoming a thing of the past. They already make fun of boomers that use white papers......20 more years, they wont even know the old dudes use to smoke it, lol.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    But is eating it, vaping it, Delta 9, Delta 10, CBD, wax, butter, chocolate all that simple? Truth is, seems like smoking weed is becoming a thing of the past. They already make fun of boomers that use white papers......20 more years, they wont even know the old dudes use to smoke it, lol.
    I don't support it but if one must, I would not recommend putting anything in your lungs. Smoke, vape...anything foreign in your lungs will mess ya up. It's known fact.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Wax?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I remember I heard there used to be "papers" made out of seaweed (kelp?) that were clear and looked like cellophane. They I heard they looked really weird!

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Yeah, something the weed manufactures make, then sell in dispensary. I don't even know what it is, I guess it is a pure form of THC or something. They make it by pressing weed in a heat press, and this wax is what comes out.........I think. Todays weed is not Willie Nelsons wacky backy. You have live resins, distillates, concentrates, topicals, wax, keif, edibles, beverages, vapes, drops......it is crazy what they do.

In 20 years, we will have an all new generation like from the 60's! These kids now days are serious about their weed...but you know, if it keeps them off drugs that will kill them, I say let em have at it.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I dunno... @churchmouse is from the 60's, and I'm from the 70's... (ages 10 - 20 or so, anyhow). I think we did okay.
    That is my hope......is that the kids of today that are playing with fire.......decide to just choose Love, Happiness and Peace. I think some of the finest people I know were young men in the 60's and 70's......and I mean that. They came from a different time, and lived like many of us should today. I wasnt born until 68, but man....my Uncles and older neighbors were some of the coolest people I ever have known and many are still my friends today.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Yeah, something the weed manufactures make, then sell in dispensary. I don't even know what it is, I guess it is a pure form of THC or something. They make it by pressing weed in a heat press, and this wax is what comes out.........I think. Todays weed is not Willie Nelsons wacky backy. You have live resins, distillates, concentrates, topicals, wax, keif, edibles, beverages, vapes, drops......it is crazy what they do.

In 20 years, we will have an all new generation like from the 60's! These kids now days are serious about their weed...but you know, if it keeps them off drugs that will kill them, I say let em have at it.
    Dang....I feel very old. I guess this would not be a hit today?
    Smoke some weed and watch reruns of this! 1380025_10151619354991537_1269289669_n.jpeg

Top Bottom