• DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

FEDERAL CONNECTION​

Monthly Ammunition Subscription Service

Never worry about running out of your go-to rounds again-or have to look for them on store shelves. Introducing Federal Connection, an all-new ammunition subscription service. Sign up for a one-year contract and we'll deliver five boxes of your favorite ammunition right to your door each month-shipping is free and orders are eligible for Federal Rewards points.

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    So you essentially ‘lock in’ ammo prices? Interesting and might be beneficial during election years.

Only pistol though? Seems kinda strange. I wouldn’t personally be interested in this service for pistol rounds...it’s too easy to pump out thousand round batches on my SDB.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    So $28 a month for 9mm ammo (~$140/ 5 boxes) when you can now find it for $20 a box or less pretty regularly? I realize not the exact same ammo, but I've been able to get cases of 9mm for $400 or less for quite a while now, why would I want to pay $8+ more per box? No wonder they're starting this up, they want to lock in the higher prices for folks and cash in... :rolleyes:

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    People with money won't care. They will do it for the convenience and stability of supply. I wonder if there is a disclaimer on supply issues and or market availability.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    So $28 a month for 9mm ammo (~$140/ 5 boxes) when you can now find it for $20 a box or less pretty regularly? I realize not the exact same ammo, but I've been able to get cases of 9mm for $400 or less for quite a while now, why would I want to pay $8+ more per box? No wonder they're starting this up, they want to lock in the higher prices for folks and cash in... :rolleyes:
    This^^^

Just bought Norma range 9mm for $14.99 a box, have not paid more than $18-19/box in a while.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Users must commit to a one-year subscription; limit one subscription per caliber per household. Early subscription cancellation incurs a $300 fee. Only available in states where it is legal to order ammunition online.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Early in the shortage you could catch a decent deal, for the times, direct from federal and cci. They have continued to increase their prices over the last 6-9 months while everyone else has been going down in price.
    I'll stick with Norma for my needs at this point in time

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I like the subscription idea. However, neither the price (too high), nor the selection (too limited) is appealing. I'll pass for now.
    The penalty for unsubscribing also would be a no for me.

5a9f2062d0042d67674abdea5e831df4.jpg

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    This really seems targeted at people who are worried about another shortage, and are not smart enough to stock up when they can to mitigate the issue.

airhog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2021
    Lafayette
    People with money won't care. They will do it for the convenience and stability of supply. I wonder if there is a disclaimer on supply issues and or market availability.

People with money have money because they tend to care. Ammo companies are counting on folks who repeatedly engage in panic buying during periods of hype.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Early in the shortage you could catch a decent deal, for the times, direct from federal and cci. They have continued to increase their prices over the last 6-9 months while everyone else has been going down in price.
    I'll stick with Norma for my needs at this point in time

Agreed, Federal kept me shooting for most of 2020. But now I can buy federal for $22 a box at my LGS and the same ammo is $27 on the Federal website.

That being said I am worried that since Vista outdoors now basically owns the ammo market are they going to put a stranglehold on the market and eventually go direct sales only?

Top Bottom