• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • YoungGunLover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Stopped by Walmart today and planned on picking up 100 rounds of .40 S&W of Tula Ammo since its usually the cheapest but was surprised when the Federal box was the same price as the TulaAmmo so i picked it up instead since ill be able to save the brass for when I start reloading. Just thought I would share my surprise with everyone in case someone was looking to pick up a few boxes. $27.97 for a value pack of Federal.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    At the Scottsburg Wal-Mart I bought 100rd Federal value pack of 45acp for 25.97ea, plus got my discount! Whats wiredthough is their 50rd boxes of Federal 45acp are small primer cases, but their 100rd value packs are large primer cases:dunno: . There 9mm value packs when they have them (which is rare) are only 19.97ea.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Stop telling people about these. Just leave it on the self and let me know so I can dispose of it properly.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    At the Scottsburg Wal-Mart I bought 100rd Federal value pack of 45acp for 25.97ea, plus got my discount! Whats wiredthough is their 50rd boxes of Federal 45acp are small primer cases, but their 100rd value packs are large primer cases:dunno: . There 9mm value packs when they have them (which is rare) are only 19.97ea.

I stopped buying ammo at scottsburg Walmart when I had to wait an a hour for them to get someone to with the keys to unlock the case.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I stopped buying ammo at scottsburg Walmart when I had to wait an a hour for them to get someone to with the keys to unlock the case.

That sucks, never waited even remotley close to that before. I belive I would have went an found someone before I waited that long. There is alway someone in the tire center during the day and also in electronics all the time they can page, if someone aint there in 5 min ask again;)

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    As far as most places go, can you really beat walmart prices, other than finding bulk order prices on the net?

I really only buy pistol ammo form there, namley the federal. No one can come close to those prices I would think. but if I need rifle ammo I buy at my LGS to spread the business. But its hard not to buy the WM Federal ammo for how little it costs, Lets me shoot more.

swamptick

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Rochester
    I stopped at my Walmart yesterday and the 45acp value pack was 37.99 but didn't notice the price on the 40. Great price though.

ggglobert9

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Ft Wayne
    Walmart is known for slow ammo counter times...My solution is I get on the phone on their desk and call the operator and have them put me through to the on-duty manager. I usually wait about 2 minutes until the next call goes through. They usually come quickly as they don't like to be bothered!

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    I always make it a point to stop by the ammo case whenever I am at walmarts. Lucky for me there are several around me.If one doesn't have what I want,one of the others will for sure

YoungGunLover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Yeah I love supporting local gun shops what little I can, but being a college student im out there to get the best deal I can on stuff. I just recently bought my G22, even though I was looking for a 9mm, but hey for 425 after tax for a Gen 3 rtf2 with little usage, I felt I had to jump all over it. But back to ammo, I did some searching on the internet (cheaper than dirt, buds, ect.) and found that even bulk buys it really is the same as Walmart prices. So as much as I hate walmart, they will most likely be getting all my ammo purchases.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    Yeah I love supporting local gun shops what little I can, but being a college student im out there to get the best deal I can on stuff. I just recently bought my G22, even though I was looking for a 9mm, but hey for 425 after tax for a Gen 3 rtf2 with little usage, I felt I had to jump all over it. But back to ammo, I did some searching on the internet (cheaper than dirt, buds, ect.) and found that even bulk buys it really is the same as Walmart prices. So as much as I hate walmart, they will most likely be getting all my ammo purchases.

gun-deals.com
    ammoseek.com
    sgammo.com

those 3 sites will be your best bet. if i could buy 1k rounds of 7.62x39 for under 210 bucks at wallyworld, id be all over it.

YoungGunLover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Yeah I was just looking at 40 S&W, as thats only what im shooting right now. Wasnt paying attention to the more common calibers, even though it seems like .40 is becoming pretty common with all the empty shelves at Wallyworld.

Top Bottom