• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And not just leftists, even the official NPR rep is like this…

View attachment 218079
    I had to stop listening to NPR. I could tolerate most of the BS, but when they insist on calling pregnant women "Pregnant people" (even while the guest expert they are interviewing keeps calling them the proper term of "Pregnant women")

Hey dip:poop:, why dont you take a hint from an expert?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    About the only time I tuned in to NPR was for the Click and Clack brothers. That was quite a while ago.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well at least Trump got his passports back. It's further proof that this raid was a fishing expedition that they took them in the first place. They were grabbing anything they could get their hands on only to be sorted out later.
    Well, you saw that the warrant targeted all paperwork Trump held dated between January 2017 and January 2021, yes? Basically anything from his term as president was fair game, with no narrowing of the scope to any particular subject

If that doesn't say fishing expedition to people, I'm not sure what would

The official story was they knew or believed he had classified documents, but the filing would seem to indicate they had no idea what the subjects might be. I would bet a 'Vindman' or a 'Ciaramella' planted in his SS detail was snooping for any pretext to do what they did. If, as president, DJT had indeed declassified those documents but the classifying authority had not amended the classification marks it is nothing more than a technical violation - akin to having valid auto insurance but not having proof of insurance in the vehicle at the time it is requested

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Absolutely. And reiterating that IANAL, I suspect/assume that their handling of the search and seizure results in everything obtained now being fruit of the poisoned tree.
    Here's the thing about the "fruit of the poisonous tree" doctrine. It only has any effect when the object of a seizure is for use within a formal prosecution in a court of law.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Well, you saw that the warrant targeted all paperwork Trump held dated between January 2017 and January 2021, yes? Basically anything from his term as president was fair game, with no narrowing of the scope to any particular subject

If that doesn't say fishing expedition to people, I'm not sure what would

The official story was they knew or believed he had classified documents, but the filing would seem to indicate they had no idea what the subjects might be. I would bet a 'Vindman' or a 'Ciaramella' planted in his SS detail was snooping for any pretext to do what they did. If, as president, DJT had indeed declassified those documents but the classifying authority had not amended the classification marks it is nothing more than a technical violation - akin to having valid auto insurance but not having proof of insurance in the vehicle at the time it is requested
    Yep.
    This is why it was a violation. The authorized warrant was like a broad scope general warrant in that it authorized the seizure of pretty much any scrap of paper generated during the Trump presidency they came across. Like I said before this was a fishing expedition under the guise of retrieving "classified" documents.

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    I had to stop listening to NPR. I could tolerate most of the BS, but when they insist on calling pregnant women "Pregnant people" (even while the guest expert they are interviewing keeps calling them the proper term of "Pregnant women")

Hey dip:poop:, why dont you take a hint from an expert?
    I can't listen to them either. Nor the BBC. :noway:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Here's the thing about the "fruit of the poisonous tree" doctrine. It only has any effect when the object of a seizure is for use within a formal prosecution in a court of law.
    Are you of the mindset that the fever swamp dreams of prosecution is a nothingburger? Because I have yet to see anything prosecutable.

With respect to fruit of the poison[ous] tree: I'm speaking from the assumption that some "evidence" of a prosecutable crime was found - which, again, I think is a bad assumption.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Are you of the mindset that the fever swamp dreams of prosecution is a nothingburger? Because I have yet to see anything prosecutable.

With respect to fruit of the poison[ous] tree: I'm speaking from the assumption that some "evidence" of a prosecutable crime was found - which, again, I think is a bad assumption.
    I believe that they would love to prosecute Trump, but they are willing to seize things that they know they should not because just because it cannot be used in court does not mean it can't be used.

I am open to the idea that the seize as much as they can and then build a prosecution around what they end up finding instead of seizing things related to a crime they believe has been committed. I say this, not because the FBI hates Trump (and some or many obviously do), but because that's how criminal prosecutions are built all the time.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I believe that they would love to prosecute Trump, but they are willing to seize things that they know they should not because just because it cannot be used in court does not mean it can't be used.

In or out of court. Copies of everything has/is being made. It will be leaked to the media, at a minimum.

Oh, and nobody will know who leaked or how it was leaked as was the case with the SC abortion debacle.
    (remember, there are no deep state operative types causing chaos for one side, npr rep told me so.)

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Don't worry, we will get it back to you, eventually...

It seems highly likely this was executed to, make Trump look bad before the midterms, a honeypot for anti-establishment activities and get dirt on him to use in the future.

Yeah, they didn't read and copy the privileged docs to leak misleading bits later - just like Clinton didn't inhale :lmfao:

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    That's a good point. On INGO, the sentiment for Holcomb has been quite negative. INGOservatives were mostly in favor of the libertarian candidate running against Holcomb. But, Holcomb won in a landslide. I think most run-of-the-mill conservatives are either neocons or chamber-o-commerce Republican types. So they like candidates like Holcomb.

But, I think this forum does represent Trump fans fairly well. If someone wants to understand Trump fans better, it's probably fair representation. Said another way, almost all Trump fans are at least a little conservative, but not all conservatives are Trump fans.
    I agree.

I voted for Trump twice, and that doesn't mean I am a Trump fan. I also think people are reading way too much into my comment. If someone (maybe a troll) wants to truly understand "conservatives," I stand by my comment that this isn't the best place to do that. If someone here thinks they can and should hold themselves up as the all-encompassing conservative viewpoint, God help us!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    God help us if you think the sinecures at NR or the Bulwark or an effete, country club snob (Buckley) would be a better source of information on what a conservative is. That just means you don't know, either

Top Bottom