• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The FBI raided the trailer park home of Buford "Bucky" Rogers, and claimed that they thwarted an "terror" attack by taking him into Federal custody.

He's allegedly a militia member, had anti-government views, liked to wear camo, and had a 'cache' of weapons.

A comment found on Rogers' Facebook page said, "The war is here tsa agents are doing random cheeks and shooting people for no reson." He went on to say, "ever one better get your guns ready cuz there comeing FEMA" and "weve already started fighting im shure youl hear about it in a bad way."

Rogers was charged with owning a gun in the USA while having his name on the No-Rights List. His inalienable rights were invalidated by a previous arrest record (non-violent).

twincities.com

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    1. He did not randomly have his name on a list, he was convicted in court.

2. He was convicted of Burglary.

3. His rights were invalidated by his behavior, not a secret governmental cabal.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    1. He did not randomly have his name on a list, he was convicted in court.

2. He was convicted of Burglary.

3. His rights were invalidated by his behavior, not a secret governmental cabal.
    Right. He was arrested for owning a gun in the USA while being on the No-Rights List.

HmDBrian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    valparaiso
    Still to early to speculate. Just gotta wait and see whats what here whenever they decide to give the real details. Or the details they want us to know, I should say.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    With all the talk about Islamist radicals, the gubmint may have felt the need to start rounding up guys like this to remind us who the true enemies of the state are.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Imagine if the FBI starting rounding up all the gun-totin' felons in Chicago, or Detroit, or DC? :scratch:

John-Lennon-Imagine.jpg

"the lives of several local residents were potentially saved."
    Hmm.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    At least the FBI didn't waste all their time and our money by talking this guy into a long drawn out fake terror attack scheme like usual. Having to actually work during Boston must have tired them out.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Where this sort of stuff is concerned, it seems we're always either speculating about facts not in evidence, or speculating on the not-necessarily-reliable information reported by the media. With that in mind, here's my speculation:

While I don't agree with laws permanently revoking inalienable rights of those who have committed felonies, such laws are currently valid; therefore, if this guy is a convicted felon and possesses firearms, he's in violation of the law

Second, if in fact he had molotov cocktails in his home, why? I mean, pipe bombs, if they were there, might simply imply that the guy liked to blow things us - which might, of itself, be harmless entertainment, depending upon how they were to be used. Molotov Cocktails, on the other hand, aren't terribly useful as entertainment, unless your entertainment consists of setting arson fires

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Where this sort of stuff is concerned, it seems we're always either speculating about facts not in evidence, or speculating on the not-necessarily-reliable information reported by the media. With that in mind, here's my speculation:

While I don't agree with laws permanently revoking inalienable rights of those who have committed felonies, such laws are currently valid; therefore, if this guy is a convicted felon and possesses firearms, he's in violation of the law

Second, if in fact he had molotov cocktails in his home, why? I mean, pipe bombs, if they were there, might simply imply that the guy liked to blow things us - which might, of itself, be harmless entertainment, depending upon how they were to be used. Molotov Cocktails, on the other hand, aren't terribly useful as entertainment, unless your entertainment consists of setting arson fires

And how do you define molotov cocktails? Gas in the garage, empty bottles in the basement? I can't imagine he has open bottles full of gas with wicking wet rags hanging out of the bottles, the smell would have killed you inside a dwelling.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    inalienable rights are invalidated? But I thought these rights couldn't be stripped as they are not a right that is granted?
    Me too.

And how do you define molotov cocktails? Gas in the garage, empty bottles in the basement? I can't imagine he has open bottles full of gas with wicking wet rags hanging out of the bottles, the smell would have killed you inside a dwelling.
    I was thinking the same thing expat. I don't think any of these things mentioned should be illegal to begin with.

Fan blade

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    National news? It is really local news.... a convicted person with a gun likely happens in every county police department at one time or another.

Top Bottom