• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    nap-town
    The Cleveland Five will be just fine. They're lefties. Once they're out of the pokey, they'll get free grad school and become professors making $100k per year at a state college where they can recruit seven days a week. This bust was the best thing to happen to them.

powerstrokin

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Indiana
    What about the poor bridge?

Oh, you didn't hear? Nothing happened to the bridge. Because the bad guys didn't have real explosives. Hence, in this case...they really didn't do anything wrong.

I calls em like I sees em. And in this case, your honor, not one soul was injured. Case dismissed. :yesway:

insanemonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Lake County
    Why do we care if they blow up a bridge to Cleveland? Does anyone use the bridge? Maybe they were doing everyone a favor by destroying a structurally unsound bridge.

Or maybe it was just a foot bridge, do we know for sure that it was a car bridge?

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    Well What i meant was that poor bridge's feelings! It might just commit suicide now, Since it found out 5 people wanted to blow it up! I mean, i am sure its feeling less of a bridge now.. Undervalued and all.. with people walking and driving over it daily.. That is what this 5 Bullies, are going to get into trouble for is just that damage to the bridge's psych! thank god for the FBI for saving this bridges self worth!

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    my question is, what was the FBI agent's involvement?

Did the "5" hop on the tor network and start posting "wanted: C4" adds on the silk road? Or randomly pm'ing adds like "Explosives Depot!"?

-OR-

Did the FBI agent "infiltrate" this group of anti-government rabblers and convince them to turn their rabbling into action by providing a target and fake boom sticks?

powerstrokin

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Indiana
    my question is, what was the FBI agent's involvement?

Did the "5" hop on the tor network and start posting "wanted: C4" adds on the silk road? Or randomly pm'ing adds like "Explosives Depot!"?

-OR-

Did the FBI agent "infiltrate" this group of anti-government rabblers and convince them to turn their rabbling into action by providing a target and fake boom sticks?

The official story is that the FBI used whichever tactic that makes them look less like false flag agents and more like fine folks who are thwarting the ever growing Homegrown Terrorist Movement. :n00b:

BTW, what is this "tor network" you speak of, sir? Please come with me...let's have a chat. Oh don't worry, I'm from the Government. I'm here to help!

You already know too much. LOL

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Oh, you didn't hear? Nothing happened to the bridge. Because the bad guys didn't have real explosives. Hence, in this case...they really didn't do anything wrong.

I calls em like I sees em. And in this case, your honor, not one soul was injured. Case dismissed. :yesway:

So, it is cool if I take shots downrange while you are setting up targets, just so long as I don't hit you? Right?

powerstrokin

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Indiana
    So, it is cool if I take shots downrange while you are setting up targets, just so long as I don't hit you? Right?

Well, for one- I wouldn't be downrange if you were firing towards me.

Two, if I were, and you came there and started shooting, sure I'd be upset/mad/scared/whatever.

If you hit me, I'd have an obvious legitimate claim against you if I so chose- and you'd have it on your conscience that you hit an innocent person.

If you didn't, well I'll consider myself lucky. But technically, you wouldn't have done anything outright illegal. Just really stupid.

Maybe the problem is that I'm too forgiving? Maybe the problem is that most people are too damn sensitive? Maybe I'm naive?

The problem with people who do bad things isn't always that they are bad people. It's much deeper than that. Typically, a murderer has had some tragic event happen to them/a family member when they were younger, or just weren't raised worth a crap.

If we had invested HALF the time/energy into finding out how to fix these types of problems instead of locking people up for every little thing they do, I think we'd see a HUGE decrease in the amount of events that happen.

Obviously we haven't. Obviously I do not know how to fix it, nor do I claim to.

I'm just saying- let's open up some dialogue instead of instantly perma-banning every breathing soul on Earth because they have some issues.

Let's not use events like this to scare the community into accepting more Big Brother into their lives. It doesn't do any good. And I think, it creates a reason in and of itself for people to say "F-it" and lash out at the system in a last ditch effort. They obviously have a problem, so find out what the problem is and fix it. Don't try to make them out to be monsters.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    i dont care if they arrested these guys, jail them forever, flog them, kill them, give them a puppy and a snow cone. i'm more worried about the gov using it as an excuse to crack down further on us

jake

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Well, for one- I wouldn't be downrange if you were firing towards me.

Two, if I were, and you came there and started shooting, sure I'd be upset/mad/scared/whatever.

If you hit me, I'd have an obvious legitimate claim against you if I so chose- and you'd have it on your conscience that you hit an innocent person.

If you didn't, well I'll consider myself lucky. But technically, you wouldn't have done anything outright illegal. Just really stupid.

Maybe the problem is that I'm too forgiving? Maybe the problem is that most people are too damn sensitive? Maybe I'm naive?

The problem with people who do bad things isn't always that they are bad people. It's much deeper than that. Typically, a murderer has had some tragic event happen to them/a family member when they were younger, or just weren't raised worth a crap.

If we had invested HALF the time/energy into finding out how to fix these types of problems instead of locking people up for every little thing they do, I think we'd see a HUGE decrease in the amount of events that happen.

Obviously we haven't. Obviously I do not know how to fix it, nor do I claim to.

I'm just saying- let's open up some dialogue instead of instantly perma-banning every breathing soul on Earth because they have some issues.

Let's not use events like this to scare the community into accepting more Big Brother into their lives. It doesn't do any good. And I think, it creates a reason in and of itself for people to say "F-it" and lash out at the system in a last ditch effort. They obviously have a problem, so find out what the problem is and fix it. Don't try to make them out to be monsters.

Lets change it up a little bit; lets say I want to kill you because you are because I have a thing for your wife so I've lain in wait across from your house. You walk out to the car and I line up the scope and squeeze the trigger on my rem. 700. Luckily for you, a hornet stings me in the butt right as the sear breaks and my bullet whizzes past your head and goes into a storm sewer full of water causing no damage or harm.

Have I still done nothing wrong? Should what I did be illegal? Should I be punished?

Joe

powerstrokin

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Indiana
    Lets change it up a little bit; lets say I want to kill you because you are because I have a thing for your wife so I've lain in wait across from your house. You walk out to the car and I line up the scope and squeeze the trigger on my rem. 700. Luckily for you, a hornet stings me in the butt right as the sear breaks and my bullet whizzes past your head and goes into a storm sewer full of water causing no damage or harm.

Have I still done nothing wrong? Should what I did be illegal? Should I be punished?

Joe

Of course you were wrong. You had a device that would have caused real actual damage. Should you be charged with attempted murder in this case? I don't think so. Psychological evaluation, community service under supervision, and must attend and pass a curriculum designed to help you understand where you went wrong in your life. After that, you would have a MUCH better chance of finding your own lovely lady. In theory.

If the bullet were provided to you by the FBI and was made of feathers and couldn't have harmed me, and they knew it, but you didn't, and then they used the scenario as a basis to outlaw private citizens from owning firearms, I would hold THEM accountable mostly. You'd probably still get your A chewed out pretty good, and punishment would be similar to before...but mostly, it would be on them in such a case. You wouldn't have caused any actual harm even if you hit me with said feather bullet.

Am I too nice? Do you think a society based on reason, respect, forgiveness, selflessness and love would invoke such hatred as is seen today? Or do you think that in such a society, these attributes would spread like wildfire and breed more of the same?

Yeah I know, that's asking a lot. Even in the societies like that, there are rogue people who just want to see the world burn. But we surely don't need to supply them with more ammo. We need to seriously do an RCA. (Route Cause Analysis)

9/10 the route cause isn't because someone is evil. It's where/how they were raised etc. Hope I'm making sense.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Yay hug a thug.

If you try to blow up a bridge that i'm driving on then **** you. I don't care if you parents got divorced and you didn't get the G.I. Joe aircraft carrier that you really wanted when you were 5.

They should let them go, maybe next time they'll do it right. Maybe next time your family will be passing through ohio on a road trip.

Top Bottom