• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • powerstrokin

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Indiana
    OK, am I the only person who's SICK AND TIRED of the FBI/others foiling plots that they had a hand in cooking up in the first place?

The devices actually were inoperable and posed no threat to the public, and the FBI arrested the men shortly after the devices were planted, authorities said.

:xmad: It wasn't the PATRIOT ACT or NDAA that helped bring these people in, it was the FBI selling them inert explosives in the first place. Had the FBI not sold them, where would they have gotten real ones? IF they were able to procure REAL explosives, AND use them, then they were in the wrong. Otherwise, it's my opinion they'd have done nothing wrong. Saying they were going to do something and actually doing it is different. "Doing it" with inert objects isn't really "doing" anything at all, now is it? I don't really follow into the whole "intent" crap on everything.

So now, we've got to suck it up and have even MORE surveillance on our every day ordinary American to stop them from doing things that the gov't is helping them do in the first place.

Even if these guys truly wanted to blow something up, THEY HAVEN'T HURT ANYONE UNTIL THE ACTUAL EVENT. Let them say all they want. Until they cause ACTUAL harm to someone, then they haven't done a damn thing.

Am I over reacting here?

5 arrested in alleged plot to blow up Cleveland-area bridge – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    The terrorist's didn't know they were fake.

I would much rather see the FBI conduct it this way than wait until innocent people have to die before they take action.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I agree. It is time to let these guys that are apparently predisposed to commit a terrorist act to develop their own plans and gather their own supplies. Then after they actually blow something up will we worry about it at that point. Here's hoping they go to Utah when they decide to do it.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Wait, wait, wait......

If someone is predisposed to commit a terrorst act.....

So we should have them helped in coming up with a plan so that we can convict them in court?

So say someone is predisposed to commit a crime (they grew up poor in a one parent family in the hood.) then we should also just go ahead and lock them up as well? I guess it'd be completely legal if a law enforcement agency helped them cook up a plan and have them try to commit it. It makes things SOOOOO much cleaner than trying to have them thrown in a mental facility because of their limited mental capabilities...

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Here's a clue for all you would-be bombers.

If your plot involves C-4, and you don't have any C-4, you're a stupid loser, and you're going to be busted because of it.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Its unAmerican to criticize Federal agencies openly setting up fake terror attacks.

The Feds are here to keep us safe. We need them to have whatever tools they want to make that happen.

If you don't like it, you are probably a liberal who hates America.

I suppose you don't like the Patriot Act either? Some people, I swear.

Maybe you should go join Al Qaeda?

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    Another "sting" operation designed to convince us "sheeple" that the terrorists are everywhere and that the Gubment is keeping us safe.

Who protects us from the Gubment again???

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    OK, am I the only person who's SICK AND TIRED of the FBI/others foiling plots that they had a hand in cooking up in the first place?

:xmad: It wasn't the PATRIOT ACT or NDAA that helped bring these people in, it was the FBI selling them inert explosives in the first place. Had the FBI not sold them, where would they have gotten real ones? IF they were able to procure REAL explosives, AND use them, then they were in the wrong. Otherwise, it's my opinion they'd have done nothing wrong. Saying they were going to do something and actually doing it is different. "Doing it" with inert objects isn't really "doing" anything at all, now is it? I don't really follow into the whole "intent" crap on everything.

So now, we've got to suck it up and have even MORE surveillance on our every day ordinary American to stop them from doing things that the gov't is helping them do in the first place.

Even if these guys truly wanted to blow something up, THEY HAVEN'T HURT ANYONE UNTIL THE ACTUAL EVENT. Let them say all they want. Until they cause ACTUAL harm to someone, then they haven't done a damn thing.

Am I over reacting here?

5 arrested in alleged plot to blow up Cleveland-area bridge – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

Wile E. Coyote, or the Acme Fireworks Company. I've seen that on TV so it must be true...

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Looks like some of the OWS gang.
    The FBI learned of the plots through a confidential source who met Wright at a Cleveland-area protest event in November, according to a criminal complaint filed in U.S. district court. Wright told the source that Wright and a group of anarchists "had been discussing plans involving violence and destruction to physical property ... to send a message to corporations and the United States government," the complaint reads.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    kinda seems to me if the best thing they could come up with was to blow a bridge in cleveland we prolly didnt have much to worry about...... even if they had gotten the explosives i doubt they could have pulled it off with that poor of an imagination

jake

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

Am I over reacting here?

The information on how to acquire or manufacture explosives is all over the internet - especially if you visit Islamic Jihadi websites. If the FBI hadn't provided them with inert explosives, would the FBI have been held accountable if the five had SUCCEEDED in their plot?

Yes, you are over-reacting.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    The information on how to acquire or manufacture explosives is all over the internet - especially if you visit Islamic Jihadi websites. If the FBI hadn't provided them with inert explosives, would the FBI have been held accountable if the five had SUCCEEDED in their plot?

Yes, you are over-reacting.

but doesnt the fact that they werent smart enough to just use google kind of show they werent much of a threat?

jake

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom