• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Seems like, if these patients didn’t authorize their healthcare provider to release their information to anyone, but their insurance company, that this would be a HIPAA violation, wouldn’t it? Any healthcare law experts in here?

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    The form, if filled out and signed by a patient and a doctor, prevents an individual from buying, owning or handling firearms.

It permits the FBI to obtain mental health records for those who sign or are seemingly compelled to sign. The signatory is likely to be barred from exercising his or her Second Amendment rights for life.

The Examiner reported it had obtained internal FBI emails from September 2019 in which an agent and another bureau employee discussed working with a hospital to strip someone’s gun rights based on social media posts where a desire to buy a firearm was expressed.

The fact that the FBI was working directly with medical facilities without any Congressional approval or oversight to force Americans to deem themselves a “danger” should be clear indication that the NICS system is broken and the FBI should be investigated. pic.twitter.com/hwmGpxBAMh

Aidan Johnston, federal affairs director for Gun Owners of America, told the Examiner, “Any time you have evidence of private entities coordinating with federal agents to strip Americans of their rights, the public should be alarmed and demanding answers and action.”

“This is just the latest terrifying new instance of the illegal NICS self-submission form being used in nefarious ways, and those who used it to violate the public’s trust must be held to account,” Johnston said.
    — Gun Owners of America (@GunOwners) March 7, 2023

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Looks like the byline date on the article is fresh but wasn't this discussed a few months ago? Or is this another government program that has been uncovered? This story sounds familiar.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Looks like the byline date on the article is fresh but wasn't this discussed a few months ago? Or is this another government program that has been uncovered? This story sounds familiar.
    Yeah, it was. I can't find it, but it broke back in 2019

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Yeah, it was. I can't find it, but it broke back in 2019
    It does seem to be an older story. That said last time I was at the doctors office my doctor asked about what firearms I owned. So even if the program is shut down I would still be aware of what you say to a doctor who asks questions not related to your medical wellbeing.

I straight asked mine why he asked, and he said he was supposed to it was policy. I lied right then. "I do not own any firearms". He dutifully marked something on my paper work. I believe saying anything else would have ended up on record somewhere out of his or my control(even saying it was none of his business). Methodist associated medical center.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It does seem to be an older story. That said last time I was at the doctors office my doctor asked about what firearms I owned. So even if the program is shut down I would still be aware of what you say to a doctor who asks questions not related to your medical wellbeing.

I straight asked mine why he asked, and he said he was supposed to it was policy. I lied right then. "I do not own any firearms". He dutifully marked something on my paper work. I believe saying anything else would have ended up on record somewhere out of his or my control(even saying it was none of his business). Methodist associated medical center.
    I don’t think I’ve ever been asked. I’ve told my family to lie if they ever are.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    My doc writes pro-gun essays and posts them on the walls. He is adamantly against overreach with regard to gun laws and restrictions, based upon his writings. He's never asked if I own guns.
    That's why they're working with hospitals. You don't get to pick your doctor when you get wheeled in from the ambulance. You get whatever leftist activist they assign to you, then they put you in an extremely uncomfortable and vulnerable situation and wave a piece of paper in front of you with the promise that you can go home today.

Top Bottom