• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I haven't found a thread dedicated to this. What are your thoughts on different designs, brands, and systems for appendix carry holsters? I know it is unavoidable but I'd like to avoid filling a drawer full of holsters before finding one that works for me. To that end, I'm in the data/information gathering stage. What I'm wanting to carry: S & W, M & P 9mm full size. I have one with and one without optic but I'm not looking for you to find me a specific holster, rather looking to have a conversation and gather data on appendix carry rigs in general.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I haven't found a thread dedicated to this. What are your thoughts on different designs, brands, and systems for appendix carry holsters? I know it is unavoidable but I'd like to avoid filling a drawer full of holsters before finding one that works for me. To that end, I'm in the data/information gathering stage. What I'm wanting to carry: S & W, M & P 9mm full size. I have one with and one without optic but I'm not looking for you to find me a specific holster, rather looking to have a conversation and gather data on appendix carry rigs in general.
    I’ve used Henry Holsters AIWB for years. I just recently upgraded to the new model. Not because of any issues with the old one, just the new ones accommodate optics.

Attachments

• 43B16B88-DF91-41BD-BA95-DAC6390DE154.jpeg
      43B16B88-DF91-41BD-BA95-DAC6390DE154.jpeg
      627.2 KB · Views: 18

rjlee92836

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Carrying a light as well? I have recently switched over to Phlster Floodlight IWB/Appendix. Not Firearm specific, rather light specific. Variety of firearms fit if you are using the light it's retention is designed around.

The adjustability is good, am carrying G17 with RDS & Streamlight TLR1-HL. Had a problem with other holsters that were model specific that accommodated a light having such tight retention (and not being able to loosen) that I was yanking my pants up with my draw.
    Phlster Floodlight has models to fit these lights:
    • Surefire X300U A / B weapon light
    • Streamlight TLR-1/TLR-1 HL
    • Modlite PL350
    Confirmed pistol fit list:
    1911 and 2011 pistols
    Glock 19/17/34 (and .40 and .357 variants)
    Glock 20/21
    S&W M&P and SD series pistols
    HK VP9, VP40, and P30
    FN 509 and FNS
    CZ P10, P07, P09, 75 SP01
    Sig P226, 229, 220, and P320
    Walther PPQ (any gen)
    Polymer 80
    Beretta 92, M9, PX4, APX
    XD and XDM
    Can include the VP9 Longslide as well, and the end of slide does not stick out of the holster. Tested that yesterday.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    From the theead in the link above
    I just so happen to be looking for a holster when this thread got bumped, read it and decided this sounds like a good option for what I'm looking for. After procrastinating for a couple days, I sat down and ordered one today got the email order confirmation right away at 11:06am and at 1:00pm received another email with tracking # saying its shipping today!!
    Nothing I love more than finding a small business I can support that does it better than the big guys!

You weren't kidding. I ordered this weekend, I sporadically check my email and saw one today from them (sent yesterday). It's not the "we got your order" email, it's the "will be there today " email! Lol. That's too fast. :-)

I do usually have a wml on this gun. Going to see how everything fits without it first. (It's not that I don't have plenty of room in that area...)

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I am comfortable with a snubby AIWB but I've never been able to get used to a full size double stack. Just feels like I'm getting pinched every time I move.

Jeffforpresident

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Nov 12, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Everybody has already offered some great options, but I can’t say enough about Tier One concealment. I have a drawer of holsters but that stopped once I got one of their sidecars. Sidecar holster are the ONLY way to carry appendix. It spreads the weight out on your belt line and especially if you are wanting to carry full size I would definitely try one. They are expensive but buy once, cry once.

Top Bottom