• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I am fully on board with appendix carry, but I just broke the clip on my CompTac 2 o'clock for the third time, so I'm ready to try something new. On recommendation of ihugpeople and Rhino, I will be ordering a Henry holster next week.

Does anyone have pics of the different options? Partial vs full sweat guard, and tuckable vs non-tuckable? Also, preferences on the various options?

SEMI-AK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    I have a custom one he did for my CZ. I like the full sweat guard personally. I would recommend coming down to have him make it. That way you can see the process and appreciate it. My only regret is not having a few different typescript when the gun was mocked up.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I like a full sweat guard. He does nice work, you won't regret it.

IMG_1302_zps4221534a.jpg

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    What gun is it for? I think for the glocks he offers a AIWB model that uses the tuckable strut for the grip side loop and then has a hole mounted for the other so you can do Sinlge look tuckable or dual loop non-tuckable. I personally prefer the single loop tuckable option as it allows the gun to move a little more as I do for better comfort.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    What gun is it for? I think for the glocks he offers a AIWB model that uses the tuckable strut for the grip side loop and then has a hole mounted for the other so you can do Sinlge look tuckable or dual loop non-tuckable. I personally prefer the single loop tuckable option as it allows the gun to move a little more as I do for better comfort.

FS M&P.

amhenry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Bloomington
    Sorry that I didn't chime in sooner. Here's my quick rundown on AIWB options.

Tuckable models come with a single strut w/ soft loop. They'll move more with you, but that movement also means that there's a little more variation in the exact location and angle of the grip when you go to draw.

Non-tuckable models use two snap loops. I prefer the security of adding a second loop, and also like the fact that the holster can't budge or tip, so draw stroke and firing grip are able to remain extremely consistent. The downside is that the holster is less forgiving if you move or bend against it.

Both models come with the Concealment Kick molded on the back, as Cory showed above. It improves concealment by rotating the grip in slightly tighter to you body, and tipping the top of the slide in towards you as well.

Sweatguard options are basic: Full or Partial. This is just a matter of where you like to place your thumb when you draw. If you favor a flagged thumb, order a partial sweatguard. You can also order a full guard and cut it down later yourself. That has no effect on the warranty.

Lastly, the best place to see my current work is on the company Instagram page. No account required, and you can browse through all my photos. Any foldover/taco style holster with soft loops is an AIWB.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Do you make holsters for other weapons? As in a XDs 45? That is the holster im looking for. Also how bout a Glock 21 or there smaller cousins? On your page I do not see any of these.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Yeah so I talked to Henry and he is making both my holsters without going in. Cant wait to get them. They where reasonable priced and they look good from the pics on his thread on here. Will update when I try them out.

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Yeah so I talked to Henry and he is making both my holsters without going in. Cant wait to get them. They where reasonable priced and they look good from the pics on his thread on here. Will update when I try them out.

You'll be very happy. Andrew's gear is excellent.

Top Bottom