• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Curious of those who carry case knives daily, which model is your favorite. I am having a hard time deciding between the 3.25 inch stockman, Jack, Pen versions.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I really like the mini trapper for a pocket knife. I have a full size trapper that I carry from time to time, but it's a big knife, especially when carried in dress slacks. Now for a locking knife, I really like the copperlock. A dear friend who passed away a little over a year ago collected case knives, and had a bunch of expensive ones. He was always quite partial to the muskrat.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    When I graduated from college, I bought myself a Case 6375CV large stockman with the dark brown synthetic scales. I'd been eyeing the exact knife I bought in a mom & pop hardware store since I was in high school. Not sure why it didn't sell, but I was very happy with the purchase. The store closed not long after that.

Sometime in the late 90s I added the amber bone version of the same model. The scale on one side got stained by sitting in a small puddle of a red beverage at some point.

The stockman pattern is my favorite slipjoint pattern regardless of brand. Someday I'd like to get a custom slipjoint that has an old timey spear point and clip point main blades on one end, and a sheeps foot and spey on the other end.

Last edited:

RAMBOCAT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    I used to carry a MEDIUM STOCKMAN. I kept each blade (depending on size) , sharp, sharper and scary sharp.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I am carrying daily this little blue jigged bone Case Toothpick...I have started smoking a pipe again and it acts as a pipe tamper/tool....It goes deep in the pocket and my Benchmade Emerson Osborne 154CM rides via the clip in the same pocket...

CA-26012-Case-Pacific-Blue-Tiny-Toothpick.jpg

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I would say much would depend on how big a knife you want to carry. The Peanut and Baby Butterbean both are very compact...

bp1.jpg

A Copperhead ups the size a bitbut does offer a better size for gripping...

copperhead5.jpg

My favorites are the larger Jack Knives...

32991.jpg

Last I would always prefer Case's carbon steel to their stainless...

Zgreen1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    I am carrying daily this little blue jigged bone Case Toothpick...I have started smoking a pipe again and it acts as a pipe tamper/tool....It goes deep in the pocket and my Benchmade Emerson Osborne 154CM rides via the clip in the same pocket...

CA-26012-Case-Pacific-Blue-Tiny-Toothpick.jpg

How do you like the toothpick? I've always wanted one but was a little hesitant about the blade. Seems small and fragile. I know, I know just use it for cutting and not prying and your never have a problem.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    :): This right here is what keeps me from buying a Case. I like their designs, but I know me and I'm a bit of a collector. Don't need to start on "something else" right now.

Ahh, what'cha got to lose ? .... just money, right ! :):

There's some awful cool Case collectibles. Here's one of mine.
    It's #32 in the limited run. Old too !

i-m3w8WN2-L.jpg

i-gkbP85k-L.jpg

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    How do you like the toothpick? I've always wanted one but was a little hesitant about the blade. Seems small and fragile. I know, I know just use it for cutting and not prying and your never have a problem.

That's it...It's my "gentleman's knife" and I just use it to tamp down the pipe, cut threads, or skin a squirrel.....I like the style...The wife has a Texas Toothpick she carries as a purse knife...

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I carry this one when I'm in the woods because I like to whittle.
    Here's a photo when it was new and shiny (a few years ago), but it's got some character to it now.

i-sBjR8fJ-M.jpg

Top Bottom