• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This past weekend my family ate at Steak and Shake in Bloomington before the Women's game. It was the first time I had been to one in years.
    I was surprised that the only way to order food was through a kiosk. It then printed out your receipt and a ticket for the drink counter. You had to scan the ticket to make the fountain dispense your drink.

As far as I could tell there were only two employees, on running the grill and one running the fryers and preparing plates. It really went very smoothly after my parents god over their fear of computers lol. It was my first time in a place like this. I know Mcdonalds has kiosks, but they still have people taking orders if you don't want to use them.
    Two taco bells near me dont and its annoying AF. They will actively ignore you if you stand by the registers because you expect them to take your order. And I know its what they are doing. If you walk in and go to the kiosk and order, they see you order and will come over and give you your drink cup early if you stand there.

If you go straight to the register, they wont even look at you. If somebody's order comes up they'll walk to the counter looking straight ahead past you, yell out the name, and then turn around and go back to making food. I watched one guy stand there for 5 miniutes, 3 orders came up, and he just turned around and left because they wouldnt take his order.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Two taco bells near me dont and its annoying AF. They will actively ignore you if you stand by the registers because you expect them to take your order. And I know its what they are doing. If you walk in and go to the kiosk and order, they see you order and will come over and give you your drink cup early if you stand there.

If you go straight to the register, they wont even look at you. If somebody's order comes up they'll walk to the counter looking straight ahead past you, yell out the name, and then turn around and go back to making food. I watched one guy stand there for 5 miniutes, 3 orders came up, and he just turned around and left because they wouldnt take his order.
    Everybody needs to turn around and leave when treated like that.

Why pay so much an hour and get treated that way?

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012

I can't recall the last time I went inside a Taco Bell...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Many times, those workers are TOLD to do that.
    The BOSS says he cut back on workers to save money, and those workers left are to do THEIR jobs only.

So, I don't necessarily blame a worker doing what he's told.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Many times, those workers are TOLD to do that.
    The BOSS says he cut back on workers to save money, and those workers left are to do THEIR jobs only.

So, I don't necessarily blame a worker doing what he's told.
    And if you feel the urge to complain, make sure you ask for the manager. Dont just lash out at the person doing the grunt work.
    Ideally you need to call during the day and ask to talk to the general manager. Not a shift supervisor.

Top Bottom