• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Tonight on the way home from a family outing, we were pulled over by the Indiana State Police. My wife was driving our van at the time, and our entire family was in the van (me, wife, 3 kids).

The trooper pulled my wife over on Highway 41. It appeared their was some type of saturation patrol on this particular part of the highway as 4 other officers had people pulled over in the vicinity.

Ironically, I was fighting with my wife at the time about how fast she was driving. She basically called me an old man.

And then came the lights...

The ISP officer approached the van quickly and asked for my wife's license and registration. He didn't ask for insurance, but I dug it out of the glove box for him as well (I was in the front passenger seat).

I was armed with my Glock 19 in a FOBUS OWB holster on my right hip, covered by a long sleeve T-shirt. I also had a spare magazine in my left pocket. I never even thought to tell the officer I was carrying. And, he never asked.

He took the license, etc. from my wife and asked her if she knew why she was pulled over. She played dumb and said no. He said he clocked her going 60 in a 45 and that she needed to slow it down. He then said that he would check out the information, and if everything was in order he would only issue a warning.

He went back to his car and came back in a couple of minutes and reminded my wife to slow it down. I thanked him (my wife did not because she was pissed for being pulled over... especially since I was "encouraging" her to slow down right when she got lit up).

The ISP officer was polite and professional. Honestly, my wife was dead to rights. He could have easily written her a ticket.

Hopefully the warning will serve to help my wife slow down her driving. And, I guess I finally had the chance to inform an officer I was carrying... and I didn't. I wasn't driving, though.

I do know a couple of ISP officers down here who are in management positions, and I plan to send a note to them passing on my experience with the professional and polite officer. I believe they should be recognized for good things too.

Anyhow, just thought I'd share.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Tonight on the way home from a family outing, we were pulled over by the Indiana State Police. My wife was driving our van at the time, and our entire family was in the van (me, wife, 3 kids).

The trooper pulled my wife over on Highway 41. It appeared their was some type of saturation patrol on this particular part of the highway as 4 other officers had people pulled over in the vicinity.

Ironically, I was fighting with my wife at the time about how fast she was driving. She basically called me an old man.

And then came the lights...

The ISP officer approached the van quickly and asked for my wife's license and registration. He didn't ask for insurance, but I dug it out of the glove box for him as well (I was in the front passenger seat).

I was armed with my Glock 19 in a FOBUS OWB holster on my right hip, covered by a long sleeve T-shirt. I also had a spare magazine in my left pocket. I never even thought to tell the officer I was carrying. And, he never asked.

He took the license, etc. from my wife and asked her if she knew why she was pulled over. She played dumb and said no. He said he clocked her going 60 in a 45 and that she needed to slow it down. He then said that he would check out the information, and if everything was in order he would only issue a warning.

He went back to his car and came back in a couple of minutes and reminded my wife to slow it down. I thanked him (my wife did not because she was pissed for being pulled over... especially since I was "encouraging" her to slow down right when she got lit up).

The ISP officer was polite and professional. Honestly, my wife was dead to rights. He could have easily written her a ticket.

Hopefully the warning will serve to help my wife slow down her driving. And, I guess I finally had the chance to inform an officer I was carrying... and I didn't. I wasn't driving, though.

I do know a couple of ISP officers down here who are in management positions, and I plan to send a note to them passing on my experience with the professional and polite officer. I believe they should be recognized for good things too.

Anyhow, just thought I'd share.

Good post! Glad to see officers doing their job well.

It was also good to hear it was the wife who got caught. Usually, it's the other way around—wife telling husband to slow down!

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I must say... it's priceless that she got pulled over.

Honestly, I hope it does serve as a warning to her. She does drive WAY too fast.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Just another reminder

You are a husband. You cannot be right in this situation or most any other for that matter. However, arranging to have her pulled over at just the right moment is a stoke of genius! :yesway:

If a man is talking and his wife is not there to hear him, is he still wrong? :dunno:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you. No man EVER wins an argument with his wife. There are repercussions to claiming a win in an argument with your better half.

That's why you get online and share the glory with your friends. Until I see Mrs. Bigum online, I think we're free to congratulate him. As long as he doesn't let on that he feels like he won. :yesway:

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    GAWD, I hope you didn't say anything like "told you so or anything"!

Sounds liek the officer used good discretion in this case!

Top Bottom