• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Absolutely. It won’t happen, but I could hope.
    So, the court was conservative for 180 years or so, and liberalish for 60; but a duly elected conservative president appointing enough members to RESTORE a conservative majority is 'changing the character of the court'

Our gains should be temporary but yours should be enshrined, the 'arc of justice' bull**** only bends one way. I don't think you can make that stick

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think it’s beneath you, and those who agree with you, to keep up with this “stolen election” nonsense. Trump lost, handily, it’s time to move on.
    Packing the court, eliminating the filibuster and eliminating the electoral college smack of desperation. It's almost like they don't think they will be able to cheat enough for the next election, now that people can see what they are and how they operate

I think it is demeaning for you to keep up the 'free and fair election' nonsense

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    How do you "unpack" the court if it gets packed? How is it decided who stays and who goes.

Saint Frank tried this idea once and dropped it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Interesting thing I've been tossing around recently, and that's the thought of abolishing the secret ballot. Now it wouldn't be something that would be made public so that everyone could see who you voted for, but what about a system that would allow challenges to be officially confirmed by the person who cast the ballot? I'm not exactly sure how, but I think it can be done, and would solve a lot of issues.
    Seems like it would be simpler to rigorously maintain the voter rolls and require positive ID, presented at the time of voting, in order to cast a vote and have it counted

I can see why you would prefer some byzantine solution to the one that would result in a free and fair election, though

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    How do you "unpack" the court if it gets packed? How is it decided who stays and who goes.

Saint Frank tried this idea once and dropped it.
    In this case, you unpack the court back to 9 and reduce the surplus justices to understudies according to seniority on the court. Poof, all the new progressive justices get to be ladies in waiting - and with the elimination of the filibuster you only need the barest majority to accomplish it

Then you get the 9 member court to rule that any decisions by the packed court were invalid and vacate them all

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Doesn't seem like this works well, pack it today, unpack it next year, pack it in two years, etc.etc.

Pretty much reduces the "law" to absurdity.

Where's president Camacho?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Doesn't seem like this works well, pack it today, unpack it next year, pack it in two years, etc.etc.

Pretty much reduces the "law" to absurdity.

Where's president Camacho?

That's not how any of this works.

They wouldn't be doing it if they weren't absolutely certain they've solved the voting "problem."
    Notice how none of them express any concerns of being replaced during the midterms?

You can't vote your way out of an authoritarian regime.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Remember when we were told that the 45th President was a threat to our way of life because he violated to many political norms, and that Biden would be a return to those norms and a predictable, stable political system?

Look at how those promises turned out, and the mental gymnastics people must do now to support this sudden shift.

Top Bottom