Martinsville
    This is what a collapse looks like

BffPVI5.png

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It isn't from learning and books that is knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Neither is common sense. Wisdom comes from experience. Common sense is something that we generally agree we all should know.
    Common sense: “don’t touch something that is hot”
    Wisdom: “Women rarely mean what they say”

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Neither is common sense. Wisdom comes from experience. Common sense is something that we generally agree we all should know.
    Common sense: “don’t touch something that is hot”
    Wisdom: “Women rarely mean what they say”
    Well maybe wisdom is a combination of common sense, knowledge, and lessons learned through life experiences.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The “careful what you wish for,” moment, was the denial of Garland fair consideration. Now the Democrats are seeking to rectify the deed; within the confines of their power.
    So you are telling us that Biden's original position on the matter is wrong?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This is what a collapse looks like

BffPVI5.png
    The Democrats are drunk on their newly acquired power and are swinging for the fences while they have it.

Hang on to your hats. It's gonna be a rough one.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So you are telling us that Biden's original position on the matter is wrong?
    “Wrong?” I guess that depends. If you think the treatment of Garland was wrong, then you could think that adding Justices would be wrong too; and vice versa. Point being, if someone is going to be petty, they shouldn’t be complaining when the other side does it too.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    “Wrong?” I guess that depends. If you think the treatment of Garland was wrong, then you could think that adding Justices would be wrong too; and vice versa. Point being, if someone is going to be petty, they shouldn’t be complaining when the other side does it too.
    You missed his point. He was referencing Senator Biden's feelings about filling a seat in the last year of an opposing party President's term.

C-SPAN on Monday posted a clip of a sprawling 90-minute address then-Senator Biden delivered on June 25, 1992, on the subject of reforming the Supreme Court confirmation process. Biden, in his fourth term and serving as Judiciary Committee chairman, spoke in anticipation of the end of court's term that year -- the traditional season for justices to announce their retirements. And if such a retirement came to pass, he said, President George H. W. Bush should "not name a nominee until after the November election is completed" and, if he did, "the Senate Judiciary Committee should seriously consider not scheduling confirmation hearings on the nomination until after the political campaign season is over."

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    No. In years past, Joe said that refusal to confirm a justice in an election year is exactly what should happen, which was said in the context of a R president and a D Senate.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I disagree. They see it, they choose to ignore the hypocrisy because it’s their side.
    I see that @Kutnupe14 likes the above post.

It's like this. Playing by marquis of Queensbury rules while your opponent is street fighting guarantees that you lose. The GOP has finally figured this out and I make no apology for it.

Mangledman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Veedersburg
    You obviously misunderstand or something… I didn’t say it was a fair election. But the election is over and it has consequences as we can all see, so go easy because we’re on the same side here. “Daft” is a bit of a strong word for a situation you might misunderstand, isn’t it?
    Apologies, but he did not lose. He gave in. Capitulated. We allowed this. We reap consequences as we speak.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    gain with Garland.
    This is way deeper than just that.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I see that @Kutnupe14 likes the above post.

It's like this. Playing by marquis of Queensbury rules while your opponent is street fighting guarantees that you lose. The GOP has finally figured this out and I make no apology for it.
    It’s just his typical trolling nature. As has been pointed out by many and a PM I received from him many moons ago he’s just stirring the pot. It’s what he does. Push people to making a mistake and then throw the victim card. The key is to just not give a f and ignore his crap

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    It’s just his typical trolling nature. As has been pointed out by many and a PM I received from him many moons ago he’s just stirring the pot. It’s what he does. Push people to making a mistake and then throw the victim card. The key is to just not give a f and ignore his crap

I suspect he has a well worn "report" button....kind of like the punk kid on the playground that likes to cry, "I'm gonne tell the teacher" wah wah wah.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    The “careful what you wish for,” moment, was the denial of Garland fair consideration. Now the Democrats are seeking to rectify the deed; within the confines of their power.
    [Rolls eyes in Robert Bork]

Seriously, though. You're going to claim that not holding a hearing for Garland was some kind of novel, precedent-setting Senate action? "Advise and consent" includes not giving consent, which is exactly what happened with Merrick Garland.

Top Bottom