• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfied,In
    Anyone know if the Excalibur Twin Force crossbow is legal for hunting in Indiana? Interesting New design...

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Anyone know if the Excalibur Twin Force crossbow is legal for hunting in Indiana? Interesting New design...

This is sounding like a crossbow assault ban.......oh Sleepy Joe, when he's recovered from falling off his TRI-cycle and gets over his family's 'newly created', MONKEY POX.....will be executive ordering this one too.....
    BETTER BUY ONE......or TWO......maybe 3......than you'll be the only ONE in the woods with a "six shooter" killing deer.......LOL

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfied,In
    This is sounding like a crossbow assault ban.......oh Sleepy Joe, when he's recovered from falling off his TRI-cycle and gets over his family's 'newly created', MONKEY POX.....will be executive ordering this one too.....
    BETTER BUY ONE......or TWO......maybe 3......than you'll be the only ONE in the woods with a "six shooter" killing deer.......LOL
    Thats probarly what happened to the Air Bows....

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Deer hunting?

Muzzleloader regs say one load I do believe.

Just trying to see if anyone ever read anything about multi shots at one time! Bow or Gun…
    Muzzle loading handguns are limited to one barrel. Rifles and shotguns can have more than one. And I see no restrictions for double barrel shotguns that take shells, or for rifles either. Or for combination shotgun/rifles. But might be difficult to find a double rifle in a IN legal deer cartridge.

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfied,In
    Legal it seems...

312 IAC 9-1-5.3 "Crossbow" defined
    Authority: IC 14-10-2-4; IC 14-22-2-6
    Affected: IC 14-22
    Sec. 5.3. "Crossbow" means a device for propelling an arrow by means of limbs mounted on a stock and a string and having a working safety that may be drawn, held, and released by a mechanical device and has the following:
    (1) At least one hundred twenty-five (125) pounds pull.
    (2) A mechanical safety.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I think these double-shooters (if they do shoot 2x at a time) are new enough that they've not yet been addressed in any hunting regs.

I can definitely see the DNR pushing to have changed or changing the regs to disallow such things, however.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I think these double-shooters (if they do shoot 2x at a time) are new enough that they've not yet been addressed in any hunting regs.

I can definitely see the DNR pushing to have changed or changing the regs to disallow such things, however.
    It can actually shoot both at once, if you scroll down far enough they actually brag about it as a feature.

IMO, Excalibur makes quality crossbows but allowing this one to fire both bolts at the same time serves no real purpose and could possibly be the thing that gets it prohibited in some states.

Top Bottom