Ever had an intruder in your house/property?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ever had an intruder in your house/property?

• Total voters

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Fortunately, I've never had a "break-in" per say, but I've had things stolen from my truck, I've had someone scratch up my car, and someone stole one of my kid's scooters from our yard.

I hope and pray no one ever tries to break in while I'm home or not. Luckily 98% of the time someone's always home.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    - Lots of petty theft while I lived in Indy. Lawn chairs, potted plants, yard tools, etc...
    - Car stereo stolen (and window busted out)
    - Had my detached garage cleaned out (everything but the compressor and the Jeep). Didn't realize I owned so many tools until I put together the list for insurance.
    - Wife had her car stolen from the Glendale Mall parking lot before we were married. Found it torched on the near-north side.

No one has come in the house - yet. The new place is alarmed, and fairly secure. It's all about layers - neighborhood, neighbors, lot, lighting, doors, locks, alarms, and personal defense. I don't have to be perfect, just not worth the risk.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    I've had two break-ins since I've lived in Auburn.

First time a few years ago & only my IPOD headphones were taken. Nothing else of value to take.

Last time was a month ago, my brother (who lives with us) forgot to lock his truck door. He had left his bow & all his hunting accessories on the seat. The only thing they took was his (brand new) bow & quiver full of arrows. They left his hunting bag (with his laser rangefinder & calls) on the seat & a .22 rifle behind the seat.

I thank God that I am not some liberal pansy that would have no better option than to call 911 and cry in the corner.

:facepalm:

This liberal is no pansy & I do indeed have options. :bat::ar15::draw:

bulldog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    Crawfordsville,In
    I had somebody tie his horse up behind my house by my propane tank one night while we were asleep.Evidence was hoof prints and some shrubs had been mauled. Nothing was stolen.Figured he was a peeping Tom. Notified authorities and informed them if there was a reocurrence and I noticed him there I'd shoot the propane tank and solve the problem.They said that was well within my rights.

bonsaijackson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    when i was young, maybe 8ish, an intruder woke my father while crawling on the floor below his bed. He was trying to get his wallet out of his pants on the floor. My mom yelled and dad chased him (naked mind you) down the hall past my room and out the house. police called, never caught.

indoorsoccerfrea

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Several years ago we had an intruder use a crowbar to force open a back door. They stole a video camera, jewelry, and about 30 DVDs we had on a bookshelf. Fortunately we were not home.

Another time we had a car-top carrier stolen from our yard. It was hidden from view behind a pine tree. Obviously not hidden enough.

wbjenks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    Noblesville
    I had a home break in when no one was home. Stereo equipment, microwave, watch and ring.

Last year the window to my suv was broken, child's diabetic purse with needles etc.
    That happened in a town playground! I often leave my firearm in the suv as the playground is a "gun free zone" per no gun sign. I chose to carry that day as I had a 6 year old with me. Good choice!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    when i was young, maybe 8ish, an intruder woke my father while crawling on the floor below his bed. He was trying to get his wallet out of his pants on the floor. My mom yelled and dad chased him (naked mind you) down the hall past my room and out the house. police called, never caught.

Wow, that would be messed up. :n00b:

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Was robbed at gunpoint in 2003 on my front porch at an apartment on the westside of Indy. 2:30 AM, returning from my new condo after an evening of painting and getting ready to move in. Was not LTCH at the time. Wish i would've been. Had two solid opportunities to turn the situation on end. I don't carry cash and they weren't interested in my credit cards. I'll never look at a Jennings/Bryco ever again without that memory.

Never had anyone in the home. Right now i live alone so I'm not worried about overpenetration. 7.62 Soviet should make an acceptable defense round for the time being.:ar15:

Last edited:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Had a cd case stolen from my truck while parked in my driveway at night. This was during a time when we had a series of mini barns getting burglarized along with other vehicles. Many people in the neighborhood had a pretty good idea who it was but couldn't prove it. It became pretty obvious when it all came to a stop when the suspect left the neighborhood. Although we can't prove it, we all are pretty sure it was him. Knowing this gave me a little satisfaction because this kid always had "thump thump" music blaring from his car. I would've liked to have seen the expression on his face when he opened my cd case and found nothing but country music!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Wow, that would be messed up. :n00b:

Yes, especially if it was early in the "morning"..... not something I wood like to see! :):

Trevorreplys

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2009
    Only one problem in Indiana. When we lived in Dallas, Texas it seemed like there was a robbery biannually but that is another story.

The recent break in was into my dads truck, our garage, neighbors garage, neighbor across the streets garage, and many other houses. A few days later my friend who lives 2-3 miles away was also robbed what are the chances huh? Turned out what they were doing was just driving there car from house to house going in and taking what they wanted filling there car then leaving till the next day. Happened in Winding Brook and Mishawaka (Close to Penn highschool) I believe they had a few thousand dollars and 3 firearms when they were arrested most people got there stuff back (we got all our stuff back and so did my friend) Haven't had any problem since

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    In 2004, at a different residence, some moron broke out the sliding beer window on my 95 F-150, and stole my am/fm CASSETTE player. Funny thing was both doors were unlocked. How big of a loser crackhead do you have to be to steal a cassette player? I hope his crackhead buddies laughed him outta the gang for that one.

keetowah

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    8years or so ago I was awoken in the middle of the night and went to the front room and saw about 5-6 police cars parked in front of my house and in my driveway. I opened the door and an officer said don't come out we're apprehending a felon on your property! It turned the guy they caught had a warrant and apparently was at a motel down the road and was beating on his girlfriend and the cops were called. He ran into our neighborhood and as luck would have it my house was the first one that didin't have a fence. The back yard had a fence and a large creek and tons of trees and brush though, so he'd of had a hard time getting through. Anyway, the next day I go back there and find a shredded down jacket, and a hunk of flesh about the size of my thumb...not sure if he scraped it on the fence or it was a gift from the police but it was interesting. I was the only one that heard anything that night my wife was sound asleep and brother was visiting and sleeping up front...they didn't believe me the next day until the neighbor corroborated the story. Wasn't a gun owner back then, needless to say I put a 6' fence up the first chance I had, alarmed the place, put up lighting and now have firearms at my disposal.

Used to live in apartment when first married had the cars burgled about 3 times, last time was on Easter morning and that was the last straw there. Never anything good stolen (John Denver Tape lol), but they pried the doors open and cost us like $2500 to get fixed....I swear I'd rather give the a$$holes my worthless crap to keep them from destroying my car to get at it.

Top Bottom