• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Here's my discussion with the Republican nominee for Indiana Governor, Eric Holcomb and his wife Janet. We discuss why the current race for governor really does matter for Indiana gun owners.

And did you know that Janet Holcomb - who just may be our next First Lady of Indiana - is not only a firm Second Amendment advocate, but also an avid hunter and a certified firearms instructor?! (She recently traveled to Texas for a helicopter hog hunt - with an AR15 - and she has participated in the military sniper school at Ft. Bragg, North Carolina.)

Please check it out!

Eric and Janet Holcomb discuss Second Amendment Issues with Guy Relford | 93.1 WIBC

Guy

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    A few months ago, I was on the fence in regards to the Governor's race. I usually vote a mix of Libertarian and Republican. However, Janet Holcomb spoke at a Friends of the NRA Banquet I recently attended. She won me over that night. I don't really know much about Eric; but, I figure he must have something going on to have won the heart of such impressive young lady. I will give their interview with TGG a listen over the weekend.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    A few months ago, I was on the fence in regards to the Governor's race. I usually vote a mix of Libertarian and Republican. However, Janet Holcomb spoke at a Friends of the NRA Banquet I recently attended. She won me over that night. I don't really know much about Eric; but, I figure he must have something going on to have won the heart of such impressive young lady. I will give their interview with TGG a listen over the weekend.

Outstanding!!

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    So, what is Holcomb really about. I really don't k ow him from Adam and could care less that his Wife shot some hogs. I don't vote for so.eone simply because their spouse is all that! And not meaning it smart she could very well be a nice lady but no one really knows the Mr.

And other than the evil (to some) Dem title what factual information did Gregg do so wrong?

Really is sort of a draw because no one knows them

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    So, what is Holcomb really about. I really don't k ow him from Adam and could care less that his Wife shot some hogs. I don't vote for so.eone simply because their spouse is all that! And not meaning it smart she could very well be a nice lady but no one really knows the Mr.

And other than the evil (to some) Dem title what factual information did Gregg do so wrong?

Really is sort of a draw because no one knows them

What Holcomb is about...

Several leaders in the state GOP, including Holcomb in his capacity as party chairman, conspired to redistrict a friend of mine out of his seat in the state senate because he *gasp* represented his constituents rather than the Chamber of Commerce (read Eli Lilly and Cummins Engine). They accomplished this by taking away his strongest voting areas and including the home turf of their hand-picked favorite. This was followed up seven hundred fifty thousand dollars for the primary ($750,000!) for a seat they didn't need in the general assembly largely spent on blowing up people's mailboxes and televisions with outright lies. Incidentally, after the Chamber of Commerce sent out mailings to its members telling all about how John was the spawn of Satan, after the primary, they released the actual figures indicating that he actually had a 93% score based on actual voting record against the other guy's score of 98% based on what he said, never mind that he had never held office and had no actual record. Based on this, both in terms of the dishonesty and the fact that he participated in f**king over a friend, I cannot vote for him.

Captain Mustache, on the other hand, is at best a Fudd. He spouts the same line he has been giving his rural constituents for years while also declaring support for 'common sense' restrictions and so forth which are the bread and butter of Democrat politics, translated that I wouldn't trust him in the same room with my guns while I stood there drawing a bead on him.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    What Holcomb is about...

Several leaders in the state GOP, including Holcomb in his capacity as party chairman, conspired to redistrict a friend of mine out of his seat in the state senate because he *gasp* represented his constituents rather than the Chamber of Commerce (read Eli Lilly and Cummins Engine). They accomplished this by taking away his strongest voting areas and including the home turf of their hand-picked favorite. This was followed up seven hundred fifty thousand dollars for the primary ($750,000!) for a seat they didn't need in the general assembly largely spent on blowing up people's mailboxes and televisions with outright lies. Incidentally, after the Chamber of Commerce sent out mailings to its members telling all about how John was the spawn of Satan, after the primary, they released the actual figures indicating that he actually had a 93% score based on actual voting record against the other guy's score of 98% based on what he said, never mind that he had never held office and had no actual record. Based on this, both in terms of the dishonesty and the fact that he participated in f**king over a friend, I cannot vote for him.

Captain Mustache, on the other hand, is at best a Fudd. He spouts the same line he has been giving his rural constituents for years while also declaring support for 'common sense' restrictions and so forth which are the bread and butter of Democrat politics, translated that I wouldn't trust him in the same room with my guns while I stood there drawing a bead on him.

To be quite honest I wasn't voting for Holcomb simply because I don't k ow anything about him, and while I will vote for Trump I was not voting g for Pence if he was still in the Governors race. Never did care for his style here and with the whole Ritz fiasco agree with her or not she was elected fairly and to do the bait and switch to get her out well sounds like it must be a Indiana GOP thing.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    I don't vote for someone simply because their spouse is all that!

Not really what I was saying. We are on a gun forum; but, let me clarify:

"And did you know that Janet Holcomb - who just may be our next First Lady of Indiana - is not only a firm Second Amendment advocate, but also an avid hunter and a certified firearms instructor?!" = supports my second amendment rights by deeds and not lip service = "impressive young lady"

Fandy Shoes

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2016
    Indy
    Why does this forum suck for people who wish to join to purchase parts from the for sale section?

I have no value to add to many conversations being that I have zero knowledge outsidenof my own colt 1911 45.
    Because of the low post count, I cant reply to threads in the forsale section, cant send messages tk people, and when Intry to send messages to the moderators that the website says I can only send messages to, it pops up saying the same thing, that I cant send messages.

i tried to get my post count up to 50 the other day, and your website or someone blocked me for spaming the site.

So what does someone have to do to actually try and get ahold of someone else if they are interested in a item for sale?

beyond that Im sure I will grt banned again for "hyjacking" this thread! Oh and that is only because people who are new, are not allowed to post new topics either!

well dont! This is by far the worst set up for a forum I have tried to join! I guess I should just go back to the 1911 forum! Even though I was told about this site from someone I meet at a 1911 tournament.

Could some please quote me, and start a new topic with this so I can get the full wrath of kahn and others on this site without continueing to hyjack this thread... I am pretty considerate on this particular matter.

Thanks for your time!
    Brandon from Indianapolis!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Brandon,
    This is a topic oriented Forum 1st and a classifieds as a perk for "Active" members.
    We do not take well to being spammed. It is not what we are about.
    Yes you can start a new topic. It is open to all members.
    You can also become a site supporter and bypass the 50 post rule.
    Even then many members here will not deal with a short cut to get there member if they are only here for the classifieds.

We do not suck. That is not a good way to get on the right side of the staff.

Stick around and join in. You might have more to offer than you think. This is a great place with a lot to offer.

-CM-

Or you have no intentions of being an active member in which case we as a group will not miss you.

Your call.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Brandon,
    This is a topic oriented Forum 1st and a classifieds as a perk for "Active" members.
    We do not take well to being spammed. It is not what we are about.
    Yes you can start a new topic. It is open to all members.
    You can also become a site supporter and bypass the 50 post rule.
    Even then many members here will not deal with a short cut to get there member if they are only here for the classifieds.

We do not suck. That is not a good way to get on the right side of the staff.

Stick around and join in. You might have more to offer than you think. This is a great place with a lot to offer.

-CM-

Or you have no intentions of being an active member in which case we as a group will not miss you.

Your call.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Why does this forum suck for people who wish to join to purchase parts from the for sale section?

I have no value to add to many conversations being that I have zero knowledge outsidenof my own colt 1911 45.
    Because of the low post count, I cant reply to threads in the forsale section, cant send messages tk people, and when Intry to send messages to the moderators that the website says I can only send messages to, it pops up saying the same thing, that I cant send messages.

i tried to get my post count up to 50 the other day, and your website or someone blocked me for spaming the site.

So what does someone have to do to actually try and get ahold of someone else if they are interested in a item for sale?

beyond that Im sure I will grt banned again for "hyjacking" this thread! Oh and that is only because people who are new, are not allowed to post new topics either!

well dont! This is by far the worst set up for a forum I have tried to join! I guess I should just go back to the 1911 forum! Even though I was told about this site from someone I meet at a 1911 tournament.

Could some please quote me, and start a new topic with this so I can get the full wrath of kahn and others on this site without continueing to hyjack this thread... I am pretty considerate on this particular matter.

Thanks for your time!
    Have you tried Armslist? I'm sure you might find that more to your liking. They have a great community atmosphere over there where members actually care about other members who go there to be a part of the community. Unlike here.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Not really what I was saying. We are on a gun forum; but, let me clarify:

"And did you know that Janet Holcomb - who just may be our next First Lady of Indiana - is not only a firm Second Amendment advocate, but also an avid hunter and a certified firearms instructor?!" = supports my second amendment rights by deeds and not lip service = "impressive young lady"

Respectfully I'm just saying my point is she ain't running for office, I have no idea about him. And I'm not cracked up on spouses being involved in husband's (or wives) politics. Maybe I'm just an old head (not saying they should bake cookies) but you get where I'm coming from as well.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Thanks for your time!

I'm sorry you feel that way.
    But, we are a site about guns and gun info FIRST.
    And members sometimes trade/buy/sell.

Maybe you are looking for armslist, or something similar.

I do hope you stay. There is plenty here.
    You may not have much to say, but you can get 50 by asking questions. In fact, I think your post I quoted counts as "quality".
    You might want to read this.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/408311-info-new-guys-looking-ads-section.html

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Respectfully I'm just saying my point is she ain't running for office, I have no idea about him. And I'm not cracked up on spouses being involved in husband's (or wives) politics. Maybe I'm just an old head (not saying they should bake cookies) but you get where I'm coming from as well.

:yesway:

Hillary's self-styled role as 'co-president' during the Billy Jeff administration would stand as an outstanding example of this in practice.

Top Bottom