• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I don't assume they're hippies. I assume they're stupid.:dunno: And probably vote for Obummer.:rolleyes:

I love how, regardless of the subject, in almost every thread some one takes a moment to bash Obama.

5 year old girls stealing guns: stupid obama
    smokin pot: obama probably sold it to them
    kitties on parade: obama probably wants to eat them
    Atheist holiday: obama fault
    theist holiday: obama wants to take it away
    kid farted on the school bus: probably sitting on a pic of obama

You guys just go out looking for chances to nail him.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I love how, regardless of the subject, in almost every thread some one takes a moment to bash Obama.

5 year old girls stealing guns: stupid obama
    smokin pot: obama probably sold it to them
    kitties on parade: obama probably wants to eat them
    Atheist holiday: obama fault
    theist holiday: obama wants to take it away
    kid farted on the school bus: probably sitting on a pic of obama

You guys just go out looking for chances to nail him.

This is true. Turnabout is fair play!

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    The U.S Supreme court has ruled the smell of Cannabis is NOT enough to warrant 'probable cause'.

You can try talking to the guys straight up, ask them to simply do something to mask the smell, these guys are not hurting anything except for your feelings.

Maybe I should call the cops because I can smell cigarette smoke, or someone splilled a beer in the hallway and now I smell it.

Granted, I agree if they're doing something illegal they ( for their own sake ) should ensure the smell doesn't leak into the common area's. It is very inconsiderate of them to allow this to happen but if they're not bringing in a bunch of drug addicts, selling dope out of their apartment I'd just let it go.

IF it REALLY bothers you that bad, wait until they smoke - talk to them, you may be surprised by how compliant they may be. Calling the cops on someone for doing something in their own home is pretty shady if you ask me, especially considering they're not directly violating anyone's personal liberty.

JStarr

Shooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Portland
    If you ask them to put a towel under the door they will probably ignore you considering you called the police on them 3 times. They're probably to the point that they know you get pissed about it, so they're just trying to **** you off. Try not to let it bother you so much and let them do what they do or put a towel under your door. It would Tee me off too, but apparently there is not a lot anyone could do or it would've been done by now. Sorry to hear about your situation and I hope it gets resolved. The miricle of febreeze. :D

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    :wallbash: STUPID :wallbash: STUPID :wallbash: STUPID !!!!! You're absolutely right ! How could I have forgotten about these guys ?!!!!

It's a terrorist conspiracy I tell ya , a c o n -spiricy ! :eek:

These highly UN motivated and UN organized terrorists have formed SLEEPER CELLS that have infiltrated and spread across the country .

They're masters of disguises , :mullet: :pimp: :fogey: you could have many of them in your neighborhood , living near YOU :nailbite: and you wouldn't even recognize the grave threat posed by these dastardly individuals ! :nailbite:

Their mission is simple , DESTROY OUR MILITARY EFFECTIVENESS !!!! :eek: :faint:

How do they accomplish this feat of EPIC PER PORTIONS ?

Simple , S & D . Otherwise known in the "cloak and dagger" :shady: world as search and destroy missions .

They locate , and move in next door to our servicemen and consume vast amounts of a highly toxic , addictive and naturally occurring substance known as cannabis sativa . :pimp:

Their goal is simple , infect as many servicemen as they can with this lethal substance in order to get every one of them rendered unfit for military service thereby destroying any hope of a long military career .

HOWEVER , ladies and gentlemen you are encouraged to do your part in stopping this menace to society and threat to our national security .

Remember folks , "see something , say something" , our guberrment is counting on your cooperation . :sheep:

The signs and symptoms of those infected (commonly referred to in their inner circles as "high") are easily spotted if you've been trained and your situational awareness is finely honed enough . :mallninja:

They may exhibit one or more of the following behaviors :

:40oz: overly thirsty , :bacondance::banana: over joyed , :D :rockwoot: :cowbell: happier than state mandated limits allow , :grabass::whip::naughty::flasher: aroused , :chest: :wavey: :chillpill: overly friendly or mellow and they most likely will feel the need to feed and share food with you .

Remember folks big bro :shady: :rules: , * Umm * , I mean your country needs you . :patriot: See something , say something .
    i agree :D:laugh:

so have you tried their brownies? or carmel corn if so i would be worried

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    AKA: IN_Sheeppuppy
    You definately won't pop if you're just smelling it. I've been to concerts while I was in, where people just light up, you can't find whose smokin and the smoke gets so thick you get a contact buzz. But I never popped after those concerts. Even a contact buzz will dissapate your system rather quickly.

However, I do understand, that eventhough your whiz-quiz may come out clean, if you're uniform smells, you will always be on the "random" whiz-quiz. Even if they think someone shady, they'll monitor that particular Marine closely and think they're up to no good. I've seen it happen.

My suggestion is wash your uniforms, then get those space saver bags and seal them air tight and don't open it til you get to drill next. Do this after every drill. Then you can try sealing your door better, or asking the landlord to seal it better so no smoke leaks in. Do this, while you're trying to get the other tenants to seal their door so smoke isn't in the common area. I would assume that the landlord has an obligation to keep the common area clean and smoke free. So continue to talk to the landlord about those tenants and keeping that area smoke free. They have every right to do what they want from the confines of their apartment, but common areas are public and subject to different rules. Be calm, respectful, firm and tactful. Good Luck! Semper Fi!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Just read this thread and realized why I tend to avoid the political forum. People you want to like just say the dumbest things and then you remember that when you see posts by them in other forums.

To call a marine a rat for calling the police when he is aware of laws being broken is pretty harsh. I'd love to see that discussion happen face to face. I think Mackey would be biting his tongue a bit more than he is during an online anonymous thread discussion.

Like it or not, people have different values in society. I will give our armed forces personnel the benefit of the doubt in deciding what's right/wrong behavior in their immediate vacinity.

It's been awhile, but either the chief of police or the prosecutor was running on a platform that said they would not pursue marijuana related crimes. Is this person still around? If the police know the prosecutor isn't going to do anything then they are unlikely to bother arresting the person.

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Just read this thread and realized why I tend to avoid the political forum. People you want to like just say the dumbest things and then you remember that when you see posts by them in other forums.

To call a marine a rat for calling the police when he is aware of laws being broken is pretty harsh. I'd love to see that discussion happen face to face. I think Mackey would be biting his tongue a bit more than he is during an online anonymous thread discussion.

Like it or not, people have different values in society. I will give our armed forces personnel the benefit of the doubt in deciding what's right/wrong behavior in their immediate vacinity.

It's been awhile, but either the chief of police or the prosecutor was running on a platform that said they would not pursue marijuana related crimes. Is this person still around? If the police know the prosecutor isn't going to do anything then they are unlikely to bother arresting the person.

What gives them such authority? What makes them so special to judge what is right or wrong over a civilian? Marines can be criminals too. Whos to say, it wasn't a marine that sold the "hippies" the alleged pot?

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon

All of it is an exaggeration and makes the OP look like a wannabe hall monitor, uniform or not I'd say 'poindexter'.

How would the conversation face to face change anything, aside from someone turning into a dbag and resorting to violence because their argument is as weak as their ability to practice tolerance and understand what liberty actually means.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    What gives them such authority? What makes them so special to judge what is right or wrong over a civilian? Marines can be criminals too. Whos to say, it wasn't a marine that sold the "hippies" the alleged pot?

What I'm saying is people such as Mackey are going out of their way to lob insults at someone who is clearly having an issue in his life. As a person serving to protect me, I'd grant him more slack than a civilian when it comes to pretty much anything. It's just a respect of service I guess.

Calling someone a rat or a narc is provocative and probably wouldn't happen if this discussion were on a sidewalk. I'm not saying it's OK to respond to that with violence, but I'm pointing out there's some guy sitting on his computer insulting a marine who posted on this forum looking for help. THAT, I find deplorable.

This is not a private home. This is a shared community of lease-holders. Harboring criminals is not high on apartment owners' priority lists. Smoking pot is illegal. Recurrent violations of the law with no adequate response from those trusted with "law enforcement" have now made life more frustrating for this guy which is unfortunate. If it was anything other than marijuana we'd have a totally different response on this.

Last edited:

1911 DeadHead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    NWI/ Crown Point
    As a person serving to protect me, I'd grant him more slack than a civilian when it comes to pretty much anything. It's just a respect of service I guess.

If it was anything other than marijuana we'd have a totally different response on this.

I gave what I thought was my respectful opinion on the matter.

Giving a Vet more slack or whatever kinda contradicts the whole reason they go into the service. I'm sick of hearing about how some of these guys just flash their military ID to whomever just to catch a break. I thought this country was supposed to be about equality?

Of course the responses are different because it's marijuana. It's still against the law (which most would agree is rediculous) so if the OP wants to call the police that is his choice. I just thought out of respect it would be better to talk to the guy. I just hope it gets resolved without someone having to go to jail over something stupid.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    How are they not being courteous to him? They are smoking in their own apartment, not his.

I would leave them alone.

That would be fair enough if they smoke in their own apartment and keep their smoke in their own apartment. If they could manage that much, there would be no issue.

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    What I'm saying is people such as Mackey are going out of their way to lob insults at someone who is clearly having an issue in his life. As a person serving to protect me, I'd grant him more slack than a civilian when it comes to pretty much anything. It's just a respect of service I guess.

Calling someone a rat or a narc is provocative and probably wouldn't happen if this discussion were on a sidewalk. I'm not saying it's OK to respond to that with violence, but I'm pointing out there's some guy sitting on his computer insulting a marine who posted on this forum looking for help. THAT, I find deplorable.

This is not a private home. This is a shared community of lease-holders. Harboring criminals is not high on apartment owners' priority lists. Smoking pot is illegal. Recurrent violations of the law with no adequate response from those trusted with "law enforcement" have now made life more frustrating for this guy which is unfortunate. If it was anything other than marijuana we'd have a totally different response on this.

Who cares if he is a marine, doctor, poet, hippie, janitor or even a professional cross dressing belly dancer. I dont buy in to that whole special treatment bul****. Also, there is little evidence it was actually pot. Tyipicaly police are pretty good at finding drugs, and them going into the apartment and coming out empty handed is fairly evident that there is no pot there.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Who cares if he is a marine, doctor, poet, hippie, janitor or even a professional cross dressing belly dancer. I dont buy in to that whole special treatment bul****. Also, there is little evidence it was actually pot. Tyipicaly police are pretty good at finding drugs, and them going into the apartment and coming out empty handed is fairly evident that there is no pot there.

Whether it s or isn't doesn't change the fact he is being insulted by board members.

To insult someone asking for help I think is wrong. To do so when that person's main issue is he could run afoul of the marines and lose his standing with them is what makes it special to me. If he was a marine who ran a red light the. I'd agree with you on the no special treatment.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom