• ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    First off,
    I like that smell. You should do nothing at all.

Or,
    Just burn the building to the ground.
    Oh wait. That might not be legal... we'll have to consult the LEO's and Lawyers here about that.
    I'm just kidding ... I'm sure this is bugging you. BUT ....

Honestly, If they're not bad guys other than that, I'd just leave them alone and maybe burn some incense myself or use other air freshener. Life's too short to be a rat.

Evidently you don't work for a company or have a job that requires periodic drug screenings. Smoke a joint around me and you get to dance with new jewelery on your wrist.

My job and livelihood ranks higher up the pole than a person's right to smoke a joint and cost me my job.

That said, if you can smell it, it can enter the blood stream in residual amounts. I can point you to a guy that got rang up on a DOT drug screen because floating aromas, as some shall call it.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    This whole thread is dumb. Just because you smell what you think is pot you assume it will get you in trouble? That sounds rediculous to me. Unless you are in a closed room smoking with them, you're not going to smell like pot. And even if you smelled like pot, they would **** test you, and you'd pass-even if you sat in a car with them while they smoked. I am not at all convinced you know what pot smells like, considering how naive your understanding is, and suspect they may just be tobacco smokers, or incense burning hippies, but hey, its a college town, and they can't arrest the whole town. I'd say to chill out and stop wasting the cops time trying to show everyone that you are a do-gooder. There's no way it is going to affect you.
    And clearly you know very little about how weed/THC works. Thanks for stopping in.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I will cheerfully back up a step and reiterate that this young man is paying for the use of his apartment and public areas attached to it, and is entitled to do so without being inundated with unwelcome smoke which may well also have a deleterious effect on his position in the Corps..

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I think the real solution to this problem is just to legalize it. I'm just sayin'.

I don't disagree, but still, a paying tenant is entitled to be able to use public areas without being subjected to someone else's habit, and then there is the issue of it seeping into apartments other than those occupied by the users.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    No, if you smell it, it doesn't show up on **** tests, I'm sorry but that's absurd. They tests are set to prevent such false positives, by requiring a minimal amount of TCH in your urine, however smelling pot alone should not even come close to accumulating THC in your bloodstream. The worst fallacy is thinking that the smell will stick to you just because you smelled it.

I thought pot smokers were supposed to be the paranoid ones, I'm just sayin'...

If you don't want to smell pot ever, then move out of Bloomington. It is a college town for Christ's sake. Let the kids enjoy their last bit of irresponsibility. Would you rather they be drunk and fighting and crashing their cars, or sitting on the couch eating Funyons?

Last edited:

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    People using their property as a weapon, a weapon against our servicemen? Nooo, it doesn't happen, I know because I read about it on INGO.:D

:wallbash: STUPID :wallbash: STUPID :wallbash: STUPID !!!!! You're absolutely right ! How could I have forgotten about these guys ?!!!!

It's a terrorist conspiracy I tell ya , a c o n -spiricy ! :eek:

These highly UN motivated and UN organized terrorists have formed SLEEPER CELLS that have infiltrated and spread across the country .

They're masters of disguises , :mullet: :pimp: :fogey: you could have many of them in your neighborhood , living near YOU :nailbite: and you wouldn't even recognize the grave threat posed by these dastardly individuals ! :nailbite:

Their mission is simple , DESTROY OUR MILITARY EFFECTIVENESS !!!! :eek: :faint:

How do they accomplish this feat of EPIC PER PORTIONS ?

Simple , S & D . Otherwise known in the "cloak and dagger" :shady: world as search and destroy missions .

They locate , and move in next door to our servicemen and consume vast amounts of a highly toxic , addictive and naturally occurring substance known as cannabis sativa . :pimp:

Their goal is simple , infect as many servicemen as they can with this lethal substance in order to get every one of them rendered unfit for military service thereby destroying any hope of a long military career .

HOWEVER , ladies and gentlemen you are encouraged to do your part in stopping this menace to society and threat to our national security .

Remember folks , "see something , say something" , our guberrment is counting on your cooperation . :sheep:

The signs and symptoms of those infected (commonly referred to in their inner circles as "high") are easily spotted if you've been trained and your situational awareness is finely honed enough . :mallninja:

They may exhibit one or more of the following behaviors :

:40oz: overly thirsty , :bacondance::banana: over joyed , :D :rockwoot: :cowbell: happier than state mandated limits allow , :grabass::whip::naughty::flasher: aroused , :chest: :wavey: :chillpill: overly friendly or mellow and they most likely will feel the need to feed and share food with you .

Remember folks big bro :shady: :rules: , * Umm * , I mean your country needs you . :patriot: See something , say something .

Last edited:

1911 DeadHead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    NWI/ Crown Point
    You would have to be in pretty confined area to get any into your bloodstream or for the smell to stay with you. And as stated before these tests have minimal levels that need to be met. False positives happen all the time.

My thought is what you do on your own time is your business. It's bull**** that I can't go on vacation and enjoy myself when I could hit the lottery a week later and fail the drop because of a plant that kills how many people a year?

Since you have called the cops already, talking to them about it will get you made. You should have talked to them first. And why the hell does everyone assume they are hippies?

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    My only thought is, if your gear really smells like pot smoke, it gives some cop on a power trip an excuse to search your car next time you get pulled over.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Doesn't make you right. Just annoying and unlearned. Perhaps young and foolish.

When your goals depend on being clean and sober and passing a drug test and being perceived as a straight arrow, and the scum of the earth pot smoking dope fiends are standing in the way of his goals there is no reason on Gods green earth why you should insult him except maybe you're an idiot who smokes dope too.:dunno: What they're doing is illegal and has serious potential to cause the OP problems. Call EVERY time. Maybe if they get arrested for being dope smoking idiots it'll cause them to rethink their priorities and not be dope smoking idiots for the rest of their days.

Stupid should hurt.:twocents::draw:

He isn't in the room with the "dope" fiends while they're smoking (and he mentioned pot not heroin anyway). He isn't going to fail a drug test from being in the same building. If you want to talk about unlearned, might want to point those fingers at ALL of the ignorant people thinking that it is only the scum of the earth that smoke or that all people that smoke are idiots. You'd be very surprised to know the number of doctors, lawyers, scientists, engineers, CEOs, and others with better paying jobs than most of ours that smoke. If the OP is having problems with them smoking, he should talk to them like a man (meaning telling them that their smoke is making the building stink and asking if they could smoke somewhere else or maybe vape since he doesn't care that they're partaking). Those of you suggesting violence need to get a grip on reality. Truly an embarrassment to any communities you associate yourselves with.

From the Marines I've known, many things make it through drug screens anyway. Same with the Army. I've known plenty that smoke weed, abuse pills, use steroids, and some that are coke heads. Not a single one of them has gotten in any trouble.

varasha

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Indy East Side
    To OP: I'm sorry those a-hole have no respect, but i don't think it's because they smoke the pot, try not to relate the two too much!

You deserve to have your home not smell like pot, cig, vomit, or body oder. If someone infringes on the rights provided to you by your lease, you should do whatever necessary to remedy it.

I would never allow any of my habits, whether it be smoking weed, drinking alcohol, or rocking out in my garage, to disrespect my neighbors like it seems they are doing to you.

I would recommend a face to face chat that involves specifically telling them what you require to not keep filing complaints against them, it is easy to either go outside and smoke or use scented dryer sheets and a paper towel roll to make sure your not affected by their habits.

I smoke the reefer, but i am all for calling the cops on these a-holes, just because they're a-holes. Show some damn respect and people won't give a crap what you do, **** on people, and expect to be pissed on back!

Thanks for your service BTW OP.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    put a few drops of doe **** on their door mat and doorknob. fight stinky with STINKY.
    If you're going to do that, sneak in and unscrew the head of their shower and put some mints in there. They will slightly smell the mint, but they will b sticky and not know why.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    If you're going to do that, sneak in and unscrew the head of their shower and put some mints in there. They will slightly smell the mint, but they will b sticky and not know why.
    awww man.. bringing the old prank days back.. petroleum jelly on a fine beadline across the windshield wipers, (for real revenge tie a dead coon in the undercarriage).. oh man.. rough times.

popeye

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Deepest, darkest, Indiana
    Does anyone else share the hallway with these pot heads? You could use someone else on your side. Somebody with kids would be a perfect allie.
    I know you're smarter than to start with pranks on them. They probably know you're the complainer and they'll screw with your car. Keep complaining to the complex mgr.. Tell them you're documenting complaints. Find out who owns the complex and go to them. Call the local Fire Marshall and tell them you smell smoke all the time.

Last edited:

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    !. Talk to them and ask them to stop. Have a credible witness with you.
    2. If they ignore you, go see the Police Chief and ask for serious intervention.
    3. Talk to your landlord and let them know you will seek legal counsel if they don't get involved. IANAL, but believe you have a right to peaceable enjoyment of the property you are leasing.
    4. On a visceral level (going to the dark side now) if you had a child there with you, would you be doing anything different?

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Okay, so I am in the Marine Reserves and I can't have my stuff smelling like pot, or have it in my system, and these guys in my apartment building smoke pot all the time and make the entry way smell like marijuana smoke. This smoke seeps into all the apartments. I have called the cops on them two times already, and again tonight, and they keep doing it. Now I know the cops can't stop them from smoking, and frankly I don't care if they stop or not, I just don't want my stuff to smell like their "stuff."
    If they get a ticket or get arrested or something I know they can be evicted (obviously not clear on the details of this) but I don't know how to get it to this point. I have been at this complex for almost three years and these guys are subleasing an apartment for the rest of the year. The lady in the office is on my side, but she says there isn't much she can do at this point. Any suggestions?

IF you're serious that the smell is the ONLY issue, "suggest" to these people to put stick on weatherstrip on their door, and a towel on the floor at the bottom to keep the smoke out of the hallway.

OR you'll keep hassling them until you get them busted.

People did this in the dorms when I was in college many long years ago and it worked very well, and I don't see why it wouldn't work today.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    ITT

lots of this

133141767486.gif

lots of this

MV5BMTQyMzQ5Njg0N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjAwNzQ5Ng@@._V1._SX640_SY744_.jpg

and some of this

20080528__BushChestBump~p1_500.jpg

and i have been like this

laurel-and-hardy-in-leave-em-laughing.jpg

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    JT, I got a real nice 3 bedroom ranch on the west side of town for sale. No hippies, no college traffic, quiet little neighborhood. :D

There problem solved.

Top Bottom