• ...and so much more!
  • Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    You're a well trained Marine. They aren't. Figure it out. :D

Side note. Call the cops every time you smell it. EVERY TIME. You want to have a nice long paper trail if anything should come up. Also, The cops will eventually get tired of coming out for the same retreads that can't seem to figure out an alternative way to break the law. Once this happens, they will see to it that something gets done. This same thing happened to my g/f with the idiots above her blaring rap at ALL hours of the day. Cops came out at least once a week, maybe more. Finally, management opened the apartment door for them, they found their dog (that wasn't on the apartment's lease) tied to a door and had animal control pick it up because it was sitting in it's own feces, and arrested the owners for neglect. The apartments evicted them.

It's not about winning every battle, it's about winning the war.

This is what I was thinking. Every time I call I tell dispatch that they should have it in their records that I have called about this problem before.

In regards to the first line... I have many ideas that would take care of them, but all signs would point to me if something happened. Everyone associated with the apartment knows these guys are trouble makers and I am getting sick of it.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Well, he can be said to be a beef hoagie if I want to say it.

Rat, narc, tattle tale, same difference.

Are you telling us that you think he should passively accept the response he may well get if the smell is evident on him when he reports for duty? Never mind the legalities, at minimum, if these individuals feel such a strong need to smoke reefer, they can employ some method of keeping the smoke confined to their own quarters. He pays rent just as well as they do. I don't go for the HOA-style nonsense (i.e., I do not believe that I am being harmed by the neighbor's bushes not being trimmed to specification) but being subjected to smoke in public areas and seeping into the apartment he pays for is crossing the line. That is why windows are made which open and air filters are available for sale. If the little cretins can afford the MJ, they can afford a filter. I do not support their self-destructive habits being illegalized in the name of protecting them from themselves, but I certainly do not believe in permitting them to subject others to it.

*Please note that I have corrected my previous post.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Devil Dogs vs. Hippies... Can't be all that hard to figure out Marine?

Hoorah
    From a former War Dog 2/7
    On one hand I totally agree with this thought process, but the law is not as friendly to us Military members as it used to be. Cops don't always make reports of people falling down stairs anymore. We are supposed to be held to a "higher standard" and all that jazz :cool:. Plus Bloomington is a pretty hippie town in the first place, I'm metaphorically out gunned... Metaphorically

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    On one hand I totally agree with this thought process, but the law is not as friendly to us Military members as it used to be. Cops don't always make reports of people falling down stairs anymore. We are supposed to be held to a "higher standard" and all that jazz :cool:. Plus Bloomington is a pretty hippie town in the first place, I'm metaphorically out gunned... Metaphorically
    Yeah, but the whole city, at least the hippies, are all short a few brain cells!

(Oh, wait, you said you're a Marine. :stickpoke: :D)

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

You are too kind. Bloomington is a cesspit of leftist imbeciles in the middle of a reasonably conservative sea.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    If you have a smartphone, you can download a pretty good siren sound effect.

You have to use their habit to your advantage. Next time you smell it, give them some time to get good and pickled. Let the siren go outside their door, not to impersonate LE, but just to put the thought in their heads.

Be their buddy, their straight-edge friend who is tolerant, and is looking out for them. Give a quick knock, and tell them you've seen the fuzz snooping around. Recommend they take measures to conceal the odor. Again, be sure they know you're totally cool with it, maybe even tell a little white lie about a few indiscretions in your own past, and if not for your own noble commitment, you would be partying right alongside them. They need to know that you really don't want to see them get busted for something so innocuous. It might be worth the $20-30 for them to invest in an air purifier, or some of those smoke-free ashtrays.

You could also get a mil-surp gas mask (you have connections), and give it as a gift to them. They can figure out what to do with it.

Maybe even throw in the fact that, because of your service, you have to be extra squeaky clean. Don't be a whiner about it, be very frank and assertive about what you have on the line. They might be very respectful of the fact, and help you out.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Well, he can be said to be a beef hoagie if I want to say it.

Rat, narc, tattle tale, same difference.
    Doesn't make you right. Just annoying and unlearned. Perhaps young and foolish.

When your goals depend on being clean and sober and passing a drug test and being perceived as a straight arrow, and the scum of the earth pot smoking dope fiends are standing in the way of his goals there is no reason on Gods green earth why you should insult him except maybe you're an idiot who smokes dope too.:dunno: What they're doing is illegal and has serious potential to cause the OP problems. Call EVERY time. Maybe if they get arrested for being dope smoking idiots it'll cause them to rethink their priorities and not be dope smoking idiots for the rest of their days.

Stupid should hurt.:twocents::draw:

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Due to things that have invaded my life un-invited, my tolerance for drug and alcohol related stupidity is in the negative. Zero tolerance. I drink a beer by the fire but I do not drive, I allow no drugs around me at all. Life is too short.
    Do any and everything possible to end these guy's. If they drive under the influence and someone gets hurt, well, nuff said.
    Do all that you can. Paper trail, fear of god, the nice approach stated up post, just end them.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Doesn't make you right. Just annoying and unlearned. Perhaps young and foolish.

When your goals depend on being clean and sober and passing a drug test and being perceived as a straight arrow, and the scum of the earth pot smoking dope fiends are standing in the way of his goals there is no reason on Gods green earth why you should insult him except maybe you're an idiot who smokes dope too.:dunno: What they're doing is illegal and has serious potential to cause the OP problems. Call EVERY time. Maybe if they get arrested for being dope smoking idiots it'll cause them to rethink their priorities and not be dope smoking idiots for the rest of their days.

Stupid should hurt.:twocents::draw:

YEAH ! WHAT HE SAID !!!!

And OP , while your at it polish up those Doc Martins and goose step your way down the hall all Gestapo like , kick in their door and commence to shove'n shoe leather so far up their ass they'll spit Kiwi for the next month !!!!!!

Seriously OP , it's been a while since I've been in but I highly doubt you'll get in any trouble over what THEY are doing .

Call the cops , every time ? Considering how Mr. Zimmerman has been made to look kinda nutty over calling the cops , you may want to think about that , for future reference .

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Yep, every single time--the hue and cry. Cops will get sick of it and eventually do something like . . . investigate a crime.

People using their property as a weapon, a weapon against our servicemen? Nooo, it doesn't happen, I know because I read about it on INGO.:D

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yep, every single time--the hue and cry. Cops will get sick of it and eventually do something like . . . investigate a crime.

People using their property as a weapon, a weapon against our servicemen? Nooo, it doesn't happen, I know because I read about it on INGO.:D

The property is invasive smoke doing physical and political harm by encroaching on his personal area and public areas which should be maintained in a manner suitable for everyone. It isn't like he has the option of simply not looking at them (as with the case of siding or lack thereof you indirectly referenced). As I previously suggested, there are ways to keep their habit within their own boundaries and they have no inclination to do so.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The property is invasive smoke doing physical and political harm by encroaching on his personal area and public areas which should be maintained in a manner suitable for everyone. It isn't like he has the option of simply not looking at them (as with the case of siding or lack thereof you indirectly referenced). As I previously suggested, there are ways to keep their habit within their own boundaries and they have no inclination to do so.

They are spending all available funds on the weed.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    This whole thread is dumb. Just because you smell what you think is pot you assume it will get you in trouble? That sounds rediculous to me. Unless you are in a closed room smoking with them, you're not going to smell like pot. And even if you smelled like pot, they would **** test you, and you'd pass-even if you sat in a car with them while they smoked. I am not at all convinced you know what pot smells like, considering how naive your understanding is, and suspect they may just be tobacco smokers, or incense burning hippies, but hey, its a college town, and they can't arrest the whole town. I'd say to chill out and stop wasting the cops time trying to show everyone that you are a do-gooder. There's no way it is going to affect you.

Top Bottom