• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Our Motorcycle group went on an overnight trip this past weekend. Left Indy Saturday AM, and rode down to Evansville way. Went to the Log Inn to enjoy fried chicken, chicken livers and gizzards. Rode home Sunday. Weather was dry, but got a little warm.

My 89 YO riding buddy sent me an e mail Monday morning stating he was going to sell his 2013 Can-Am Spyder, as he can no longer ride the distances and enjoy it. Too much pain in too many places! He has been riding motorcycles since he was 14, so he has had a good long run and I wish him well. I know I will face that decision some day and I dread it.

I am not trying to sell the Spyder, but if anyone is interested, PM me and I will put you in contact with my friend.

Ride on as long as you can.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Wow, 89 is something! While it's sad that he no longer feels like he can ride, it's good that he's going out on his own terms. 75 years of riding is indeed a good run!

I've never ridden, other than a couple of short rides on friends' bikes (like around the block a couple of times :):) but I like the looks and idea of those Can-Am Spyders.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I just lost a friend a month ago, 86. He had a 1969 Charger RT/SE he bought brand new he loved to show. Even though he was 40 years older, we went to many car shows together the last 25 years, always parking our Chargers next to each other.

I am watching these guys in our club getting to the point of no longer driving. Some even selling off those projects they were going to get to someday and never did. It is sad to see as they have been cruising for 60 years.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Don't look but we all suffer from the same problem; an expiration date. It's not the destination but the journey and stops along the way that can make us look back and smile. It sounds like your buddy has a lot to smile about. :rockwoot:

trimman83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Warren Park
    You had me at gizzards. We were gone for a week on a road-trip. Took several 30-mile detours on a 2,000-mile trip looking for gizzards. Never found a chicken house that had them. Some false alarms. Settled for liver.

Top Bottom