Emily Miller is now trying to get a carry permit in D.C.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    She needs to come to my house so I can ensure she is a "proper person". I'll take this one for the team, guys. :yesway:

Too late. I already invited her to a NWI Meet & Shoot.
    Since there were a thousand other comments, and she didn't respond, I'm assuming she's playing hard to get.:crying:

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    DC Police Employee on Concealed Carry: "The Second Amendment Was Written For When The British Were Coming" - Katie Pavlich

How to get a gun carry permit in DC - DC News FOX 5 DC WTTG

Well, Emily Miller is now trying to get a carry permit.
    Some of the things the police told her......

You need to prove a specific need. Rape and robbery aren't good enough.

and
    a D.C. police department employee essentially argued that Second Amendment rights don't apply in D.C. because they were written "for when the British were coming."
    Sounds like they're still there.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    This is simply a stunt being pulled by D.C. cronies in a vain attempt to circumvent the directive they've received to issue carry permits.

In the long run, it won't work as this little stunt enacts a de facto ban on carry. The Judge will not be pleased with such tactics.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I approve of them denying the permits. It allows this to be taken to higher courts, unless they cave. I know no one wanta this settled in court, but SCOTUS has been good to us recently. ;)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This is simply a stunt being pulled by D.C. cronies in a vain attempt to circumvent the directive they've received to issue carry permits.

In the long run, it won't work as this little stunt enacts a de facto ban on carry. The Judge will not be pleased with such tactics.

Its more along the lines of foot dragging and putting up of obstacles.

First, the council puts up the obstacle of having to use an instructor certification that doesnt yet exist. They did so knowing one piece of the law is unobtainable, "you cant get there from here." .

Then to further drag things out the cops just conveniently havent gotten around to finding/certifying any of those instructors.

So the council can say "we wrote a law that is enforceable, so its not our fault." The cops who ALSO dont want the guns out there can say "we arent obstructing, we just havent certified or found any instructors yet." Both can point to the other and say the lack of traction isnt their fault. Well, at least for a little while...

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I predict she will eventually get her permit, even where few others do.
    I predict this is so because of the embarrassment their chief will have when she brings the public humiliation on, rather than because it's her da*n right.

They'll drag their heels some, but someone... the mayor, the chief... or eventually a judge.... will say, "Just give it to her to shut her up!"

Sad that she even has to ask permission to exercise her right.

Blessings,
    Bill

I don't believe, if or when Emily Miller gets her permit, she will shut up. She's been going after the DC establishment for a good while now. We need some prominent folks from that cesspool of city to back her.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    There isn't a higher court to take it to, SCOTUS has already settled this one.

SCOTUS has ruled that they must offer a permit. Ifit goes back to SCOTUS due to them giving it to only the "privileged" it could affect the entire country, making states like CA and NY shall issue states instead of MAY issue. Ideally, I would like to see national constitutional carry, but making every state a shall issue, I think is the first step toward that.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I was thinking that Palmer had gone to SCOTUS. I was wrong in saying that it had already been maxed out.

I don't believe, if or when Emily Miller gets her permit, she will shut up. She's been going after the DC establishment for a good while now. We need some prominent folks from that cesspool of city to back her.

She's gone after city officials over parking tickets. She's claimed the police dept is violating federal breastfeeding laws and now the ACLU is looking into it. She's giving them hell. :yesway:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I was thinking that Palmer had gone to SCOTUS. I was wrong in saying that it had already been maxed out.

She's gone after city officials over parking tickets. She's claimed the police dept is violating federal breastfeeding laws and now the ACLU is looking into it. She's giving them hell. :yesway:

She's doing her job. Which too many in the media will not recognize, because so few of them have seen one another do their job.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, Emily is finally (provisionally) licenced to carry her firearm in DC only 15 months after starting the application process. She is only the 15th person to get past all the restrictions that they have imposed and it took two direct threats on her life to meet the local police's "special needs" requirement.

Emily Miller Gets Her DC Carry License; Infernal Regions Endure Cold Spell - The Truth About Guns

And her post on FaceBook says she has to reapply every two years, and each time demonstrate a need.

Top Bottom