Elon Musk Becomes Twitter’s Largest Shareholder…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    FYI, you don't need a twitter account to follow this thread. It is interesting many of the comments.
    Heads are exploding as I type this.

Good tweet. It's getting pretty lively in there.
    View attachment 240174
    Well. That was at a time before the coddling of America. Tell uncomfortable truths now and many Americans start heading for safe spaces. :lala:

Last edited:

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Ingo is my form of entertainment and there’s no shortage of others posting interesting Twitter content I can click on and view
    I'm able to access the Twitter content linked here about half the time, which is ok. My using a VPN, tracker blockers and ad blockers no doubt has something to do with that.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't understand why anyone that cares about politics and the latest happenings and chatter would not have a Twitter account.
    Because many of us have better things to do than stare at our phones? Heck, many of us use our phones predominantly as phones and realize that the are just a glorified pocket security leak

If you can't tell who the patsy is in
    deal, it's probably you

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It's not news, it's chatter. Sometime chatter becomes the news, but there's a whole lot of chaff to sort through. I also saw on Twitter that several NATO generals were surrounded at Mariupol and the Kraken was going to save Trump. Both posted here on INGO, I think. And both under the guise of "lOoK aT tHiS nEwS!!" Nah. It's not a verifiable news source. Like I said, it's radar.

The only time that Twitter is news is when Twitter is IN the news, like right now.
    GPIA7, is that you?

Reactions: KG1

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Because many of us have better things to do than stare at our phones? Heck, many of us use our phones predominantly as phones and realize that the are just a glorified pocket security leak

deal, it's probably you

I go out of my way to avoid my phone being a digital leash. Same with my computer at home. I use it for the intended purpose and that's it. I spend a few minutes every morning and a few times during the day on INGO and that's usually about it. When I'm working I have my personal laptop next to me and when I'm bored occasionally get on INGO to see if there's anything interesting, but if I have something to do I set the phone or computer aside and do other things. I certainly don't need an addiction to any social media where I want to spend more time on my phone or computer. I waste enough of my life as it is.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If you ache so much to be right on the internet amongst strangers, I'll let you call it news.

It would be interesting to me to understand the thinking of those that insist twitter is not news. Actually you surprise me that you say that and have no counter to my example but just try to get digs in.

Again TV, and even newspapers are new vehicles that also carry everything from scams to personals just like twitter but all of them carry news. I just cannot figure out why some find it objectionable to call twitter a news source…

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Personally, what I find objectionable is not your delusion that gossip = news, it is the insistence that others should share that delusion

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It would be interesting to me to understand the thinking of those that insist twitter is not news. Actually you surprise me that you say that and have no counter to my example but just try to get digs in.

Again TV, and even newspapers are new vehicles that also carry everything from scams to personals just like twitter but all of them carry news. I just cannot figure out why some find it objectionable to call twitter a news source…
    I'm going to have to agree with Mike here. Twitter can be a source of news. Pretty much every source of news will post breaking news on Twitter. Sure, there is more non-news than news, but that does not mean there isn't any.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Personally, what I find objectionable is not your delusion that gossip = news, it is the insistence that others should share that delusion
    So my example of Rafael Sanchez breaking his report on his “twitter channel” is not news, but his report on a TV “news channel” is news. Illogical but got it…

I equate TV=Twitter, WRTV news=WRTV twitter, is how I see it. The

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

deal, it's probably you
    Yet we all INGO. I spend a lit more time on INGO than other social media including Twitter. I look at my feed once a day and that’s pretty much it unless someone shares an interesting thread. I never tweet. Just consume.

Top Bottom