Elon Musk Becomes Twitter’s Largest Shareholder…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Who is Matt Taibbi?
    Journo, used to be with rolling stone I think. I thought he was a lefty because of where he worked, but he turned out to be like Berenson in that he wanted to write about what was really happening and not just serve the agenda. That's why he writes on substack now. He seems to be an old school investigative journalist

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I have never had a Twitter account and don’t use it but watching this unfold is fascinating.

I’m tempted to sign up so I can watch it in real time.
    I don't understand why anyone that cares about politics and the latest happenings and chatter would not have a Twitter account. You don't have to use your real name or give any personal information. Signing up allows you to follow whoever you choose in one of the largest, most widely used real-time general communication platforms in the world.

Think of it as radar, if it helps. I've seen things on Twitter a day or two before they hit the news.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I don't understand why anyone that cares about politics and the latest happenings and chatter would not have a Twitter account. You don't have to use your real name or give any personal information. Signing up allows you to follow whoever you choose in one of the largest, most widely used real-time general communication platforms in the world.

Think of it as radar, if it helps. I've seen things on Twitter a day or two before they hit the news.
    I was told here on INGO that twitter was not news…. :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I was told here on INGO that twitter was not news…. :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:
    It's not news, it's chatter. Sometime chatter becomes the news, but there's a whole lot of chaff to sort through. I also saw on Twitter that several NATO generals were surrounded at Mariupol and the Kraken was going to save Trump. Both posted here on INGO, I think. And both under the guise of "lOoK aT tHiS nEwS!!" Nah. It's not a verifiable news source. Like I said, it's radar.

The only time that Twitter is news is when Twitter is IN the news, like right now.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It's not news, it's chatter. Sometime chatter becomes the news, but there's a whole lot of chaff to sort through. I also saw on Twitter that several NATO generals were surrounded at Mariupol and the Kraken was going to save Trump. Both posted here on INGO, I think. And both under the guise of "lOoK aT tHiS nEwS!!" Nah. It's not a verifiable news source. Like I said, it's radar.

The only time that Twitter is news is when Twitter is IN the news, like right now.

So if Rafael Sanchez says something on WRTV that is news, but if he puts it on twitter it is not? There was lots of Russian collusion on TV news and all kinds of opinions are reported there but it is still news but twitter is not?

Got it…

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    So if Rafael Sanchez says something on WRTV that is news, but if he puts it on twitter it is not? There was lots of Russian collusion on TV news and all kinds of opinions are reported there but it is still news but twitter is not?

Got it…
    If you ache so much to be right on the internet amongst strangers, I'll let you call it news.

Have you heard from the Kraken lately?

:lmfao:

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-

I simply have never had any use for Twitter. I don’t care to be part of the Twitter community. When Twitter first started up, a young colleague of mine was promoting and espousing the virtues of Twitter and I asked him why? What’s the point? He said because it’s cool that He can let people know where He was and what he was doing and thinking in real time. And my reply was why would I want to do that? My private life is just that, private!

Twitter is as pointless to me now as it was then, and besides I have enough logins to keep track of as it is. Twitter just doesn’t have much value to me. I don’t need an account to see what’s happening there and I have nothing to contribute there. I also don’t understand the kerfuffle over the Twitter app in iOS and android, Twitter can be used from a browser.

Places like Twitter and Facebook are just a form of virtual crack that I don’t need.

Instead I prefer to be part of Internet communities that are of interest and value to me. The only Internet forums and communities I have ever been a part of have been related to my career in IT or my primary interests of muscle cars, electronics, computers and this very forum about the 2A where I can share and gain knowledge through the collective experience of others with similar interests.

I joined INGO As a new gun owner to gain insight into the experience of long time gun owners and their advice. Eventually I somehow got sucked in to the general politics portion and here I am. I have only used the classifieds here four times, a few times for purchases and trades and once to sell.

It’s time for me to try and shut my racing brain down and sleep.

And with that, I bid you all a good evening.

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I simply have never had any use for Twitter. I don’t care to be part of the Twitter community. When Twitter first started up, a young colleague of mine was promoting and espousing the virtues of Twitter and I asked him why? What’s the point? He said because it’s cool that He can let people know where He was and what he was doing and thinking in real time. And my reply was why would I want to do that? My private life is just that, private!

Twitter is as pointless to me now as it was then, and besides I have enough logins to keep track of as it is. Twitter just doesn’t have much value to me. I don’t need an account to see what’s happening there and I have nothing to contribute there.
    We just see it differently. I'm not a part of the "Twitter community," whatever that is...any more than I'm part of the WJJK community by listening to 104.5 on the way into work in the morning. I never tweet, I just follow things that I'm interested in. Having an account makes it easy to customize content and receive notifications of things of interest, if I choose to do so.

Pretty good entertainment at times, as well. Neat to see some idiot like Alyssa Milano tweet something stupid and get roasted in real time.

:):

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have had an account for years but never spent much time on the Twitter because I didnt see the point. Some famous person posts something then a bunch nobodies argue with each other about it...

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It is entertaining this morning though. All of the Dem trolls are posting every nasty thing about Trump they have with, well what about this... they are actually making Musk's point. Dirt on Republicans is fine, just like dirt on Democrats should be fine but it wasn't...

Top Bottom