• ...and so much more!
  • Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    I’m going to my SS dealer to certify Tuesday. They told me 5 - 10 minutes IF I have all the correct info. Hopefully I do. Last January I bought my “one and only ever“ can. Actually got to take it home 12/22. Ended up buying another to test drive the eForms. If it works well I may buy another...or 2. At 70+ years young 11 month waits don’t seem like a good thing but if they get it to be easy and 60 days start to finish, I’m in.

Indyal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    I had done the Silencer Shop kiosk in December. Got the email I was ready to certify and went in person to my dealer today. Took less than 5 minutes. Remember your ATF user name and pin

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I had done the Silencer Shop kiosk in December. Got the email I was ready to certify and went in person to my dealer today. Took less than 5 minutes. Remember your ATF user name and pin

When was I supposed to get either of those things?

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Thanks for the info.
    No problem did you buy through a dealer? Or going it on your own? My dealer has been great and it looks like silencerco has really put the dealers behind the 8ball. Not until after submitting eforms did they let dealers know about the “certification” and the atf account.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Nope in order to efile you have to create an account on atf page. Make sure all your info exactly matches your sico account.
    Did the kiosk last January for first SS purchase. Bought can, trust info, ensign doc., paid $205 so far. Appointment with SS dealer Tuesday. Do/set up ATF acct., certify at their shop during that appointment.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Uhh, never did that. I thought silencer shop took care of all of the paperwork and filing.

They do if you have them file paper documents but the new efile requires you to set up the ATF efile account to have it efiled. I set mine up a year ago to efile for an SBR.

As previously stated, make sure all info on different accounts matches EXACTLY.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    No problem did you buy through a dealer? Or going it on your own? My dealer has been great and it looks like silencerco has really put the dealers behind the 8ball. Not until after submitting eforms did they let dealers know about the “certification” and the atf account.

You mean silencer shop, right?

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Well I created my account and tried to start filling out the form 4. On the first page on the FFL dropdown there isn't anything listed to choose from. When I click on it it just says Select FFL/FEL and is grayed out. Is this an issue on the ATF's end? I've tried multiple different browsers.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Is your pending eform supposed to be listed in your eforms page once you certify? I certified last week and the only things showing up on mine are my previously approved Form 1s

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Jumping into this thread with both feet.

I have two cans in jail but have not submitted the paperwork due to some legal matters. I'll be switching both to efile & will post up my experiences with the shop.

It would have been efiled already if not for the rona and now the ice storm. Update soon!

[edit]
    Wow, if you haven't logged into your efile account for a while, they have changed a few things. Password complexity requirements, personal information form, etc. Get this stuff updated before planning a visit to your FFL.

Last edited:

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Well I created my account and tried to start filling out the form 4. On the first page on the FFL dropdown there isn't anything listed to choose from. When I click on it it just says Select FFL/FEL and is grayed out. Is this an issue on the ATF's end? I've tried multiple different browsers.
    That only pertains if YOU have an FFL. If you do, that number populates. If not, you leave it greyed out. Follow through with the rest of the form and it'll be fine. Or select No FFL if that's still an option.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    That only pertains if YOU have an FFL. If you do, that number populates. If not, you leave it greyed out. Follow through with the rest of the form and it'll be fine. Or select No FFL if that's still an option.

Thank you. I thought it meant the FFL it’s getting sent to.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg

I don't think it does any good for an individual to fill out a form 4 eform, does it? Doesn't this HAVE to be done by the dealer?

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I don't think it does any good for an individual to fill out a form 4 eform, does it? Doesn't this HAVE to be done by the dealer?
    It does not have to be done by a dealer. Sellers in Indiana can file form 4s for transfer between individuals - assuming it's an intrastate transfer only. Often that's how individuals sell items to each other here on INGO on the NFA classifieds.

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    I just finished a call with my FFL. I registered for E-Forms and received a Username, made a PIN. FFL called me, I joined a computer session and we completed forms. I got a "certified" label with SilencerShop and as I understand.... In 90 days, my FFL should have my tax stamp. Now if I can just get my BOGO from SilencerCo to ship I can do this again and have some range fun.

Top Bottom