EDC choices Does it say anything about you?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Ford F250 4x4 and a Pontiac Grand Prix
    I carry depending where I'm going, and how warm or cool it is a combination of 3 different pistols. Right now in cooler weather it's my CZ P10F 9mm 19+1, if I'm hunting or working in the woods it's my Rock Island 10mm 1911 9+1, if it's warm out it's my Shield 45acp 1.0 7+1. I always carry a spare magazine or two as well.

Now diagnose that :lmfao:
    Well at least I am in good Company here. My Ride of choice 1999 F250 7.3L fully redone , strait pip, and the ability to roll coal when the need arises lol

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My EDC is either a Sig P220/P226/P229 or a 1911. My daily driver is a Tacoma or a Fiata Spider in the summer. My old 98 BMW will return to daily driver status this winter too and a G23 has been looking like it might make a comeback as well.

I don't know what all of that says about me but it's probably not good.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I like both my vehicles and my carry pistols to be in the sweet spot, right in the middle. Not too big, not too small, just everything that I need and nothing I don't.

2021 Honda Ridgeline or 2022 Hyundai Santa Fe. Both midsize vehicles in their classes. Plenty quick, good passenger and cargo space, reasonable MPG, nice tech and luxury features. Priced right in the middle as well...not Honda Civic cheap, but not Denali 2nd mortgage either.

Shield Plus or Hellcat Pro. Not micro pistols, but not traditional compacts based on chopped down full size models, either. More like slim compacts with just the right amount of weight, grip and capacity. Not bargain basement budget pistols, but not Wilsons either. The right mix of concealability, effectiveness and shootability. Just right.
    I am one of those that could own a Ridgeline. Not my first choice, but probably number 3 or so.

Jimbo74

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2022
    Harrison County

View attachment 238336
    I'm not a boomer, my parents are but I am not.

The human body really hasn't changed that much over the years. The .45acp was more than good enough for John Moses Browning and is more than good enough for me too.

I drive a Ford Explorer and carry choice is dependant upon weather, attire for where I maybe going and where I am going. But mostly, I carry either an M&P shield .45 or a Ruger ec9s along with an extra mag
    Boo. "ThE hUmAn bOdY hAsN't cHaNgEd" but projectiles have lol. I swear every piece of fuddery in existence is propped up by some empty line that sounds good until you think about it for all of 3 seconds

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Either my '01 Silverado, the family '03 Suburban if I've got the whole crew, my wife's '13 Mazda 3 if I'm not hauling everybody and trying to save gas, or the '18 Durango for work.

As to the gun, it's either a S&W 640 Pro, a S&W Model 69 snubby, my P245, or a P320 w/ RMR depending upon where I'm going and what I'm doing.

I guess I just believe in having a variety of tools and choosing the correct one for the job at hand!

Reactions: Mij

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Boo. "ThE hUmAn bOdY hAsN't cHaNgEd" but projectiles have lol. I swear every piece of fuddery in existence is propped up by some empty line that sounds good until you think about it for all of 3 seconds
    Really that's how you took that?
    Since you're new here, let me explain it to you. Most of us are pretty well versed on how projectiles have evolved. But, regardless of the data, some of us just enjoy shooting a larger caliber because we can. So smaller caliber technology has finally caught up to the long proven ballistics of the .45 acp. Those smaller calibers aren't any more effective without good shot placement.
    Run along now troll and bother someone else with that nonsense. Clearly nobody else posting in the thread is taking any of it seriously

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Since you're new here, let me explain it to you. Most of us are pretty well versed on how projectiles have evolved. But, regardless of the data, some of us just enjoy shooting a larger caliber because we can. So smaller caliber technology has finally caught up to the long proven ballistics of the .45 acp. Those smaller calibers aren't any more effective without good shot placement.
    Run along now troll and bother someone else with that nonsense. Clearly nobody else posting in the thread is taking any of it seriously
    He completely missed the FACT that the .45acp doesn’t just kill, it steals the soul. Obviously all of us gingers are required by law to carry it.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I read his response and some how thought alcohol was involved in his post.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Ginger? Had not seen the term before?
    Dude. Gingers, the real life vampires? Red headed people with pasty white skin that cannot tan? Have you never heard of South Park? Wait you were probably too busy rolling obnoxiously coal with your “straight pip” diesel to catch the reference

Top Bottom