EDC choices Does it say anything about you?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Dude. Gingers, the real life vampires? Red headed people with pasty white skin that cannot tan? Have you never heard of South Park? Wait you were probably too busy rolling obnoxiously coal with your “straight pip” diesel to catch the reference
    No seriously I had no idea, South Park would have not have been on my watch list. To be honest till about a month ago i rarely watched anything that would be called entertainment.

Jimbo74

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2022
    Harrison County
    Really that's how you took that?
    Since you're new here, let me explain it to you. Most of us are pretty well versed on how projectiles have evolved. But, regardless of the data, some of us just enjoy shooting a larger caliber because we can. So smaller caliber technology has finally caught up to the long proven ballistics of the .45 acp. Those smaller calibers aren't any more effective without good shot placement.
    Run along now troll and bother someone else with that nonsense. Clearly nobody else posting in the thread is taking any of it seriously
    You're right, they aren't any more effective without good shot placement. With any pistol cartridge you need to place on vitals. 9mm just let's us do it faster and in higher quantity.

I never seen good ole Elmer hit that wabbit so I would think you may benefit from such

all in good fun

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Carry and drive full size, although many acquaintances laughed at my Tundra and it’s 5’ bed, calling it a Honda Ridgeline (the worst of insults!) You could never lift a ridgeline this high and run these tires though, so there.

And I have to admit, I like my guns a little middle class fancy, a p320 AXG or p226 Legion.

Switching gears a bit, this was first thing in my my mind when I read the thread title…

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    You're right, they aren't any more effective without good shot placement. With any pistol cartridge you need to place on vitals. 9mm just let's us do it faster and in higher quantity.

I never seen good ole Elmer hit that wabbit so I would think you may benefit from such

all in good fun
    I don't think 9mm lets a person get back on target so much faster as to make a real difference. But I've also never done any timed comparison and have no interest in doing so.
    Don't worry about me, I'm confident I can put hits on target with whatever caliber I choose to carry. Otherwise I wouldn't carry it

I still think you're a troll

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Really that's how you took that?
    Since you're new here, let me explain it to you. Most of us are pretty well versed on how projectiles have evolved. But, regardless of the data, some of us just enjoy shooting a larger caliber because we can. So smaller caliber technology has finally caught up to the long proven ballistics of the .45 acp. Those smaller calibers aren't any more effective without good shot placement.
    Run along now troll and bother someone else with that nonsense. Clearly nobody else posting in the thread is taking any of it seriously
    THIS^^^

Projectiles shed velocity on the way to the target, but not mass and cross-sectional area. Ask yourself why 9mm has to try so hard to deliver enough performance just to come close to 40, 45 or 38SA. If you believe in the 'more rounds' rationale, shouldn't you be jumping to 30 carry or 5.7 x 28?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom