• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I am a big fan of the BeltMan. I own several and they all work and have held up well. The new ones do not seem to be as heavily built so I would recommend the stiffener. Being a return customer they sometimes send my a spreadsheet with clearance belts in stock. These are factory seconds or most often people exchange them for a different size. They still look great.

I will not hesitate to spend $90 on a belt or $200 on a good pair of boots.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    I got me one of them fancy embossed belts at the Strawtown flea market. If they don't see the gun, they see that coiled up rattler and it's pretty obvious I'm there for business.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Has anyone mentioned Biobelt?

:D

They are good. Love mine. Had it for 5 years now and it is still the awesome. They also have a sale going currently, and did anyone mention they are an Indiana company yet...

Thinking about ordering another one with the black buckles... don't need it as my current one is still in great shape, but might order another as a spare with one of the black buckles, just to have another one. (Anyone know what the difference is between Tactical and the Special Ops? Can't seem to see much difference between them myself. Update: looks like the Special Ops may have a metal keeper.

And just because no one has referenced this in a while... it is still a great review:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...iew-daltech-force-super-biobelt-gun-belt.html

Last edited:

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Home page has a lot of options and are well made. I have a 1.5" that I've worn almost daily for nearly a decade at work, though usually w/o a pistol. I also have 2 other 1.75" belts that I usually wear when carrying or at classes, and all 3 easily support a CZ SP-01. They all use the G-Hook closure/adjustment.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    That Biobelt looks good. I might try that next time. OP says he didn't like traditional buckles though.

I really like my SOE despite the horrible sizing experience and their weak customer service / no return policy. The problem with these Cobra buckle style belts is switching to a different pair of pants. It's not really an easy quick thing to do. I wouldn't consider a Cobra buckle belt as an EDC unless you wear the same pair of slacks all week long. The buckle on my 1st one worked flawlessly, this resized replacement belt bucket is very difficult to release.

I have an HSGI Cobra buckle belt as well. Not quite as stiff as the SOE but also very well made.

Both SOE & HSGI have REAL Austrialpin buckles & not fakes. Watch out for FAKE Cobra buckles.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    I have both the biobelt and the OSOE w/cobra buckle. I wear the biobelt, and the OSOE sits in a duffle bag. As mentioned, the cobra buckles make it annoying to thread through belt loops. Biobelt is easy to use and holds up great. Had mine for over 2 years, wear every day, and it looks like new.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Did your parents teach you to be rude or does it just come naturally? What is your alternative to the OP's question? Seriously. Add something to the conversation....

FWIW, I have been buying 90 dollar gunbelts for over 40 years. Gun belts. This Ruger one is the best because it does not have holes. No matter your opinion, its pretty darn good. But that is just my opinion.

My :twocents:. Worth the same as yours. Sorry you perceived it as rude. I get by with the nylon instructor's style belts. Run about $60, won't stretch or scratch and i can wash it when it gets filthy. Buy what you can afford, but buying that Ruger belt is paying to much for a name. And I LIKE Ruger.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    That’s not always your best course of action, as a whole, most cops aren’t “gun guys”, and the gun is just like another implement of their job, just like a smart screen is to a teacher. A lot of cops buy whatever is cheapest (hence why Jenkins carries Uncle Mikes), if you MUST have a “professional” opinion from a cop, ask the ones here. Just don’t expect the answer to be the cheapest.
    That's for damn sure. Ask someone who uses their gear like you said the cops on INGO.
    For me, SOE is where the buck stops for nylon gear. I love the cobra buckle. I have given them out as gifts, I wear one (have 3 now) and my wife wears one sometimes. Awesome belts and other gear too.
    And I love how John Willis, owner of SOE, gets the cry babies all fired up. Hes good friends with james yeager also a cool cat. So if either of them offend your sensibilities then move along, they dont want your money. No seriously they dont want snowflakes owning their gear or following them lol

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned Savoy Leather yet. I ordered one a little over a month ago from there and it came in a couple weeks ago. I'm pretty happy with it so far, but it's also the first "gun" belt I've ever bought.
    It's doing a much better job holding up my 1911 than my last leather belt.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    My :twocents:. Worth the same as yours. Sorry you perceived it as rude. I get by with the nylon instructor's style belts. Run about $60, won't stretch or scratch and i can wash it when it gets filthy. Buy what you can afford, but buying that Ruger belt is paying to much for a name. And I LIKE Ruger.

I have a couple of them too. Matter of fact, I wear one every day for my regular job.

All you had to do was recommend one to the OP, not interject your opinion on my recommendation. Do you get it? So you would have been silent if I recommended the nylon instructor belts that both you and I use? What if I had admitted that mine are the black ones?

Sometimes I hate the internet.

Take care.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    They are good. Love mine. Had it for 5 years now and it is still the awesome. They also have a sale going currently, and did anyone mention they are an Indiana company yet...

Thinking about ordering another one with the black buckles... don't need it as my current one is still in great shape, but might order another as a spare with one of the black buckles, just to have another one. (Anyone know what the difference is between Tactical and the Special Ops? Can't seem to see much difference between them myself. Update: looks like the Special Ops may have a metal keeper.

And just because no one has referenced this in a while... it is still a great review:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...iew-daltech-force-super-biobelt-gun-belt.html

Got my second my BioBelt in the mail today. This time I ordered the SuperBio "Tactical" gun belt which basically is a black buckle as opposed to silver, but I wrote into them asking for the elongated black buckle as opposed to the standard, but to retain the non metal keeper on the belt. Daltech acknowledged and said no problem, but when I got it today, it had the elongated buckle but also had the metal keeper (which is what their Special Ops belts come with).

I've got an email into them, and I'm sure they will make it right (I'm guessing they can just send me the non metal keeper and I can just remove one of the screws and put it on and replace the screw).

I will say that in just looking at it, there are slight variations to the one I have from 2013 that is still going strong. Biothane body of the belt, might just be slightly less thick, there are 9 slightly smaller holes placed closer together as opposed to 7 more elongated holes on the older model (which should give a bit more adjustability) and the roller piece on the buckle on the one I received does not "roll" while my older model roller glides easily. The buckle may have just a bit less metal in it as well.

Once I get the keeper situation figured out, I'll start giving it a run to see how it compares to my now 5 year old BioBelt model.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I daily the "tactical", roller eases up after a week or so. The slightly abrasive finish will wear in after you use it a few times and roller will roollllll

Good to know. Hopefully I can get the keeper situation fixed up and should be good.

I love my original BioBelt and didn't "need" another, but having a second of critical things is in my nature, and figured I'd try out a black buckle.
    Obviously things evolve over time, hopefully this one is every bit as good as my original. I do see that they no longer provide extra screws with the original shipment like they did with my original.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I too am running an SOE belt, the EDC cobra buckle to be exact. Have been using it for the better part of 2 years, and it's still going strong.

https://www.originalsoegear.com/col.../edc-belt-without-velcro-lining-size-36-to-44

If you wait, some jackass will post on the SOE facebook, and John will offer a discount code. The belt is worth the turnaround time.
    I have one and like it okay, kind of time consuming putting it through the belt loops. And now I am about 5-10 lbs too light for it to cinch down tight enough...

Top Bottom