• ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    So you are against that bill too?
    Makes me wonder. But, i thought the bill was to extend current regulations, not elevate it. Could be wrong though.

Fentanyl clearly has medical benefits, so would suck to make it all schedule I. But i also realize doing so would not eliminate it from our country considering how much heroin is around.

A better idea would be hold China directly financially responsible for our OD deaths if they are allowing the export of it. Massive tarrifs. Ban student visas.

But our industry won't tolerate that. And who cares, just drug addicts dying anyway, right? We should be smacking down mexico and china and everyone else who is part of this trade.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Chins makes the precursor compounds and ships them to Mexico. It is an easy process to make fentanyl or an analog from the precursors. And then Mexico ships the fentanyl or analog to the US where we take it until dead.

There are lots of fentanyl analog drugs so any restrictions would have to address the class of synthetic opioids and not just fentanyl specifically.

It would be very difficult to control the shipping from china to Mexico when we can’t even control the shipping across our own southern border.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    The OP questioned the legality under the 4th amendment. I know that legal is what the courts say it is but to me random drugs test are a clear violation of the 4th amendment.
    We demand people, without any probable cause whatsoever, prove their innocence. If they refuse they are treated in the same way as those who are guilty.

I also have concern that these tests are not 100% accurate. With a school dance a false positive wouldn't be as big a deal as, for example, a positive test for a job.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The gubmint seems to be pretty f***** up on the whole drug situation. Marijuana is a federal schedule 1 drug at the same time it is legal in some states. That seems pretty difficult to justify.

https://www.drugs.com/article/csa-schedule-1.html
    ESPECIALLY when you look at the definition:

Substances in this schedule have no currently accepted medical use in the United States, a lack of accepted safety for use under medical supervision, and a high potential for abuse.

Its widely prescribed for medical use. There are medical MJ cards you can get from some states.

And lack of safety? When was the last time you heard of somebody ODing on THC?
    Technically, alcohol is more addictive and harmful than pot. If I chug a liter of vodka, I die of alcohol poisoning. If I smoke an entire bag of weed, or edibles, I might feel bad for a while. Outside of consuming stupid amounts of PURE cannabis oil, I think its impossible to OD on it.

This reminds me of "assault rifle" bans and Heller, where you cant ban a firearm that is in common use. Well, back in the 70s, ARs were not in common use. Today? They are most CERTAINLY in common use. I feel like that is what we are dealing with here. Times have changed, so its time to update the schedule and if not strike it from the list altogether and legalize, at LEAST move it down where it is appropriate for a substance used for medical use. I prefer the former.

And for context, Ive never touched the stuff. Just not my thing. Ive got friends who partake, and I've been around the bonfire with it and just passed it on when it got to me. I just think the hysteria is stupid.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Oh oh oh pick me pick me!!!
    Many years ago, before I was the saint I am today, I was working residential construction, my coworker and I are sitting in the box truck, puff puff passing. This was some fairly potent stuff, and as a beginner, I overdid it. I’m layed back, just watching the heat mirage on the horizon, fascinated with how it moved, and then the OD hit me and I quickly evacuated my lunch. Yes, I know that’s not what you meant :):

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Oh oh oh pick me pick me!!!
    Many years ago, before I was the saint I am today, I was working residential construction, my coworker and I are sitting in the box truck, puff puff passing. This was some fairly potent stuff, and as a beginner, I overdid it. I’m layed back, just watching the heat mirage on the horizon, fascinated with how it moved, and then the OD hit me and I quickly evacuated my lunch. Yes, I know that’s not what you meant :):
    exactly. If we can save just one turkey sammich (either from the munchies or the "OD") its worth it.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The OP questioned the legality under the 4th amendment. I know that legal is what the courts say it is but to me random drugs test are a clear violation of the 4th amendment.
    We demand people, without any probable cause whatsoever, prove their innocence. If they refuse they are treated in the same way as those who are guilty.

I also have concern that these tests are not 100% accurate. With a school dance a false positive wouldn't be as big a deal as, for example, a positive test for a job.
    We may not like it but attending a dance is a privilege not a right…

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    We may not like it but attending a dance is a privilege not a right…

That is a very good argument and it may be correct but I don't see it that way if the dance is funded by, and held at, a public institution (the school).

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    That is a very good argument and it may be correct but I don't see it that way if the dance is funded by, and held at, a public institution (the school).
    Locally the homecoming dance is sponsored by and funded by the national honor society for the school. The Prom is funded by the junior class through fund raising. In both cases no tax dollars are involved. The school is only providing a free venue.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Isn't the "free" venue really providing value funded by taxes?
    If the answer to providing values ends up being yes, does this make this a school sponsored activity which makes this a government activity? Then will we say where the government provides “value” activities now fall under rules set by the government?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    ESPECIALLY when you look at the definition:

Substances in this schedule have no currently accepted medical use in the United States, a lack of accepted safety for use under medical supervision, and a high potential for abuse.

Its widely prescribed for medical use. There are medical MJ cards you can get from some states.

Technically, alcohol is more addictive and harmful than pot. If I chug a liter of vodka, I die of alcohol poisoning. If I smoke an entire bag of weed, or edibles, I might feel bad for a while. Outside of consuming stupid amounts of PURE cannabis oil, I think its impossible to OD on it.

This reminds me of "assault rifle" bans and Heller, where you cant ban a firearm that is in common use. Well, back in the 70s, ARs were not in common use. Today? They are most CERTAINLY in common use. I feel like that is what we are dealing with here. Times have changed, so its time to update the schedule and if not strike it from the list altogether and legalize, at LEAST move it down where it is appropriate for a substance used for medical use. I prefer the former.

And for context, Ive never touched the stuff. Just not my thing. Ive got friends who partake, and I've been around the bonfire with it and just passed it on when it got to me. I just think the hysteria is stupid.
    Ever work a dangerous- skilled trade job along with someone that got high at lunch?
    Who would want to walk steel, set steel, work in a elevator shaft 300 ft up on ladders, work under a crain along with hundreds of other jobs next to someone thats stoned and has a horrible attention span and response time.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Ever work a dangerous- skilled trade job along with someone that got high at lunch?
    Who would want to walk steel, set steel, work in a elevator shaft 300 ft up on ladders, work under a crain along with hundreds of other jobs next to someone thats stoned and has a horrible attention span and response time.
    Not sure of the context of this, but just because something is legal, doesn't mean that employers can't disallow it, exclude employees from using it, test for it, etc. Likewise, because something is illegal doesn't mean that it won't be used improperly.

There are plenty of narcotics, etc that are allowed, that are considered to have medical use that I wouldn't want to be in the situation you describe with someone who was using them.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I also wouldn’t want somebody who had a beer at lunch running that thing either.

Try harder next time.

Top Bottom