• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Rant Start. So the wife and I had a busy day running between Portage, Chesterton and Valparaiso. By the time we got home around 3:30 I was ready to tear some peoples heads off. Specifically we saw 6 separate drivers go through SOLID red lights. Not yellow turning to red. SOLID red lights. How no one got hit was amazing and thankful. Along with the general carelessness of peoples driving habits, it just gets me worked up frustrated. Generally I don't let it bug me. But seeing that yesterday was super annoying. Rant finished.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    Sunny and 50 last Wednesday we decided to ride up the lake and check things out. Northbound I-69 at the Waterloo exit, a white F-150 decided to exit and drove through the grass between the highway and the exit ramp. Just lucky no one was coming up the ramp. On the way home just south of the Coldwater Road exit a little white sedan decided to pass a pickup truck in front of him, except he used the breakdown Lane on the right side instead of using the left lane. Thankful we made it home unscathed! I always check both ways before proceeding through a green light!

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Ya'll should come ride in a semi one day. But go with a driver and not a "steering wheel holder" Some of the things we see are just...yeah

*I am in no way defending some of the people behind the wheel of big trucks, some have no business being there*
    My neighbor across the street drives a semi. He has shared some "interesting" stories/situations with me.

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    What bothers me is when I follow someone through a Yellow --- and Cross Traffic pulls out without checking the Intersection is Clear
    This actually happened to me in my one and only car accident. I was too close to stop on yellow so I headed on through. The old lady in the left turn lane coming at me from the other direction decided to "clear the intersection" into the side of my car. Both insurance companies decided it was my fault because witnesses said I ran the light. I still contend there wouldn't have been an accident if she didn't t-bone me!

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Rant Start. So the wife and I had a busy day running between Portage, Chesterton and Valparaiso. By the time we got home around 3:30 I was ready to tear some peoples heads off. Specifically we saw 6 separate drivers go through SOLID red lights. Not yellow turning to red. SOLID red lights. How no one got hit was amazing and thankful. Along with the general carelessness of peoples driving habits, it just gets me worked up frustrated. Generally I don't let it bug me. But seeing that yesterday was super annoying. Rant finished.
    Solid red runs are every single day in Indy. If you ever want a new car, just plug in a dash cam and go right when the light turns green. By the end of the day somebody will oblige you.

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    Ya'll should come ride in a semi one day. But go with a driver and not a "steering wheel holder" Some of the things we see are just...yeah

*I am in no way defending some of the people behind the wheel of big trucks, some have no business being there*
    Thankfully you said that last part. Because I am loosing a lot of respect for semi’s and have been for awhile. I use to block people for semi’s and give them the right away all the time when they try to change lanes or make wide turns. The way the driving is lately, they can yield to me and we can both be pissed off.

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    Thankfully you said that last part. Because I am loosing a lot of respect for semi’s and have been for awhile. I use to block people for semi’s and give them the right away all the time when they try to change lanes or make wide turns. The way the driving is lately, they can yield to me and we can both be pissed off.
    Few things more frustrating than a big truck passing another on I-70 when we're the only three vehicles around, theyre both going 72, I'm catching up to them at 85, and one decides suddenly to make the pass going 1 mph faster than the other. It almost feels like they wait to do it on purpose.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    OK, let’s try Carmel and Westfield housewives attempting to drive through roundabouts in their minivans and huge SUVs distracted by their kids yelling and screaming in the vehicle and not watching or caring how they drive through same? Very scary indeed. Ouch.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle

Yep, just a straight truck, but in the eyes of the general driving population, they must be in front of me, no matter how much it puts their lives at risk. I usually pull up next to them at the next light and smile and wave :lmfao:

Lpherr

Occupied
    So, yeah, everyday stuff. People who drive the speed limit and stop at stop signs are today's bad drivers. Try to keep up.
    I had that yesterday morning about 7am. The speed limit is 30mph, there was nothing around, and all of a sudden, there was a car inches from my bumper. I came up to my turn, with signal on, and as I applied the brakes to turn, said jackass slammed on his brakes, almost hitting me, and then blew his horn all the way past me.
    This idiot didn't have any lights on either, and probably on their phone texting.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Solid red runs are every single day in Indy. If you ever want a new car, just plug in a dash cam and go right when the light turns green. By the end of the day somebody will oblige you.
    And based on the number of hit and runs, you'll end up paying for it because nobody carries insurance anymore.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Yea the other day I asked a cop friend if it was still illegal to run red lights bc it happens so damn often. He confirmed it's still illegal

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish

Hence the difference between drivers and steering wheel holders. The steering wheel holders have done a lot of damage to how people see the industry and it makes it harder on everyone.

Top Bottom