• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    By acquiring a driver's license in most states, you are "consenting" to having your biometric data in a government database which is then searchable and used for instant photographic recognition of your person as you appear in public.

Thirty-seven states now use facial-recognition technology in their driver's-license registries, a Washington Post review found. At least 26 of those allow state, local or federal law enforcement agencies to search — or request searches — of photo databases in an attempt to learn the identities of people considered relevant to investigations.

Civil libertarians ask if the databases authorities are building could someday be used for monitoring political rallies, sporting events or even busy downtown areas. Free speech and the right to assemble could be chilled by the prospect of pervasive surveillance.

"As a society, do we want to have total surveillance? Do we want to give the government the ability to identify individuals wherever they are ... without any immediate probable cause?" asked Laura Donohue, a Georgetown University law professor who has studied government facial databases. "A police state is exactly what this turns into if everybody who drives has to lodge their information with the police."

State photo-ID databases become troves for police - The Washington Post

www.youtube.com/watch?v=awoHLGzKwBM

AD Marc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    A buddy of mine got his photo taken with a pirate eye patch when he renewed.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I just renewed my license as I moved and had to re-take my pic even though I just had it done a year ago. The new "rules" for taking a pic are that you cannot smile or show teeth, you cannot wear glasses, you cannot have anything blocking your face in any way. Oh, and the picture doesn't look a damn thing like me as they ended up stretching my face and neck out to fill a square and it looks like I am a hunchback.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Aren't biometric scanners pretty easily fooled with some face paint? If all else fails Halloween masks would pretty much ruin any chance of identification.

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    picture

I had mine taken recently too. They said I could smile but not show any teeth. So I smiled like Ricky Bobby. Looks pretty stupid. But their pics have never looked good.

Jason

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Indiana's had biometric pics for years now, ever since Daniel's signed onto the REAL ID scheme. He had the BMV up and running to federal specs in no time. Yeah, he was a small government conservative....

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    "A police state is exactly what this turns into if everybody who drives has to lodge their information with the police."

Look , it's real simple .

There are things going on behind the scenes that you aren't privy to , you're connecting dots that simply aren't there to fit your agenda or the picture you want to paint .

I mean so what , if we place a tracking device on your car or enter your house because your door was open , without warrants .

So what , if we place cameras at every intersection , on every building or street corner .

So what , if we assign you personal numbers for all your forms of identification .

So what , if we listen to every call , track every email , track all CC purchases or use facial recognition technology .

So what , if we strip search and scan you if you want to fly .

So what , if we set up road blocks and ask for voluntary DNA samples or take those samples if you get arrested .

We're doing these things for your safety , we are not becoming a police state .

Work , pay taxes , consume , shut up and die , that's all we're asking .

And after all , to ensure your safety is that too much to ask , I mean just a little cooperation ?

onetwoonetwo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    somewhere in the dark
    you know the bar code on the back?
    scratch it off or disfigure it.
    when they ask for ID(whoever they are) and try to scan it, the scanner will not read it.
    the lady at the gas station hates i do this and always asks me my age to buy things since her scanner can't read it.
    i do look old enough to buy smokes and/or alcohol and they ask your age and scan your ID. well the scanner wont read the bar code if it is not there or all scratched up so they just look at the pict and the birth date and give me my stuff.
    just another way. get rid of the bar code.

Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county
    Indiana's had biometric pics for years now, ever since Daniel's signed onto the REAL ID scheme. He had the BMV up and running to federal specs in no time. Yeah, he was a small government conservative....

Daniels is a hack and the state is much better off without his sorry butt. Too bad that Purdue now has to deal with him.

dirtfarmerz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Henry County
    Look , it's real simple .

There are things going on behind the scenes that you aren't privy to , you're connecting dots that simply aren't there to fit your agenda or the picture you want to paint .

I mean so what , if we place a tracking device on your car or enter your house because your door was open , without warrants .

So what , if we place cameras at every intersection , on every building or street corner .

So what , if we assign you personal numbers for all your forms of identification .

So what , if we listen to every call , track every email , track all CC purchases or use facial recognition technology .

So what , if we strip search and scan you if you want to fly .

So what , if we set up road blocks and ask for voluntary DNA samples or take those samples if you get arrested .

We're doing these things for your safety , we are not becoming a police state .

Work , pay taxes , consume , shut up and die , that's all we're asking .

And after all , to ensure your safety is that too much to ask , I mean just a little cooperation ?

You missed one. I posted this a few days ago, but here it is again in case you missed it. Joe said there are discussions about microchipping people to track their every move.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQw68jl7KXc

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    There were so many renewals in the month I got mine they just did it on-line and used the pic that was on file. I am wearing my glasses and do not have to renew now till 2018.:)

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    :runaway:

Hope none of you are on FB because they use photo recognition too.

UH OH!

Why are you guys still on the grid?

There were so many renewals in the month I got mine they just did it on-line and used the pic that was on file. I am wearing my glasses and do not have to renew now till 2018.:)

Yeah, most renewals are done online unless you have an address or other type of change. So my picture is going on about 5+ years old now. I'm sure an adults face doesn't change that much but would be interesting to know the effects of aging.

7urtle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    hammond
    I just renewed my license as I moved and had to re-take my pic even though I just had it done a year ago. The new "rules" for taking a pic are that you cannot smile or show teeth, you cannot wear glasses, you cannot have anything blocking your face in any way. Oh, and the picture doesn't look a damn thing like me as they ended up stretching my face and neck out to fill a square and it looks like I am a hunchback.
    yea i get rejected from bars because over acheiving bouncers

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    you know the bar code on the back?
    scratch it off or disfigure it.
    when they ask for ID(whoever they are) and try to scan it, the scanner will not read it.
    the lady at the gas station hates i do this and always asks me my age to buy things since her scanner can't read it.
    i do look old enough to buy smokes and/or alcohol and they ask your age and scan your ID. well the scanner wont read the bar code if it is not there or all scratched up so they just look at the pict and the birth date and give me my stuff.
    just another way. get rid of the bar code.

Just do it the easy way, run a magnet over it.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    There's ways to defeat the facial recognition system and make it seem like their system is messed up at the BMW. After about 3 try they will just call over a supervisor to approve it. Trust me I know :)

Also easy ways to defeat their street cams and plate cams. Do your research and resist these tyrants!

They already have all my info on file thanks to the military but I try to do everything I can to peacefully resist the police state! For now.

Top Bottom