• ...and so much more!
  • 1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Momma always says there's an awful lot you could tell about a person by their shoes. Where they're going. Where they've been. I've worn lots of shoes. I bet if I think about it real hard I could remember my first pair of shoes. Momma said they'd take me anywhere. She said they was my magic shoes.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    To build a little on this you want Shoe Trees for your Allen Edmonds

Shoe trees are almost a must for ANY all-leather dress shoe/boot.

Put the trees in immediately after taking them off - and leave them in until you wear them again.

IF you wear dress shoes every day - then you should probably have TWO pair and rotate.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Wife is going to kill me, ordered two pair of Fifth Avenue cap toes with dianite rubber soles black and oxblood. After veterans discount, $296 each. Shipping was free, but now I can say I spend as much on shoes as she does!:rockwoot:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Wife is going to kill me, ordered two pair of Fifth Avenue cap toes with dianite rubber soles black and oxblood. After veterans discount, $296 each. Shipping was free, but now I can say I spend as much on shoes as she does!:rockwoot:

Holly crap. Back to tracing my foot shape on to the tire tread...

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield

Let me know how you like the Dianite, thinking about getting that when I eventually need to resole my pair

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At my Hermitage
    There isn’t a $592 gun I’m interested in at the moment, my next gun I know I will purchase is the 19X, but I have 20+ days to recover the money for that.

Don't listen to the haters Vigilant. You've picked up 2 pair of shoes that will last you a very long time and look fantastic.
    I have a pair of black and cordovan 5th Aves. They always look good.:ingo:

I will warn you however, AE's can be an expensive vice. :):

Last edited:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Don't listen to the haters Vigilant. You've picked up 2 pair of shoes that will last you a very long time and look fantastic.
    I have a pair of black and cordovan 5th Aves. They always look good.:ingo:

I will warn you however, AE's can be an expensive vice. :):
    Nah, not a vice for me, these shoes will last the next 5-10 years with the amount of use they will get. I’ll save vices for guns, knives, bourbon, and watches. ETA: I got the oxblood since they didn’t offer Cordovan in these.

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Me too, although in the last few years dress shoes are just for special outings so I look like I belong next to my classy wife.

Been happy with Bostonian Classics for a number of years and have been able to find the exact same model year after year.

41PCYEPVASL.jpg
    These are my funeral shoes. I also have ONE funeral/wedding suit. I stopped wearing suits 30 years ago.
    Go with quality my friend. My dad swore by Allen Edmonds. He bought several pairs in his 20s-30s; we pitched them after he died.
    EDIT: Oh, and stay away from Corfam. :):

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Will do, as an aside, if I hate the shoes, I’m beating you with them!;)

That seems fair :): you just about have me sold on the Danner Acadia's from the boot thread my ass needs a pair of insulated boots to walk the mutt just trying to find a pair on sale

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    That seems fair :): you just about have me sold on the Danner Acadia's from the boot thread my ass needs a pair of insulated boots to walk the mutt just trying to find a pair on sale
    Nelson Uniform gives an INGO discount, and the owner is a good guy, he started Lightfiighter Tactical back in the day.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Didn't someone get in trouble for posting pictures of dress ddress ddrees Dddrees shoes?

Top Bottom