• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Webster-dl

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2014
    United States
    I really like Dr. Carson. He is a man of high integrity and a man with conservative views. Yes, other candidates will have the same credentials, but they're politicians. Ben is not. Will he be the best man for foreign policy and national defense? Probably not. Colin Powell would probably be one of the most logical choices for that. His economic policies? Again, probably not the best. Walker, Perry, or Daniels would probably be best there. The list goes on for each issue. Ben is an expert on healthcare. Big topic right now. He's probably the best choice for that. What I'm saying is that in some regards he might not be THE best candidate for the position, but he will be the best option for some issues. I also believe Carson is a smart enough and humble enough person to realize his weaknesses and put strong people in positions to help him make decisions on those issues. I'm sure it wasn't just him calling all the shots at Johns Hopkins.

As for the 2nd amendment. I believe Carson has truly changed his mind. His views on guns were most likely due to his experience with them. And no experience with guns in the hood is a good one. It's the same way people view alcohol if they have a parent who's an alcoholic. They either become an alcoholic, or pretty much despise alcohol. Even though alcohol isn't inherently a bad thing, it's judt how it's used. Sound familiar?

Will Carson fight tooth and nail to repeal the current gun control laws? Nope, doubt it. But I don't see any other candidate doing that either. That's what SCOTUS is for. That's where we'll see gun control be struck down. But I also believe Ben will never sign any more laws into effect either. So there's my view on Dr. Carson.

Best for foreign policy? Well...Condoleeza Rice is probably THE person we need in the team for foreign policy. She is probably one of the few people in the world, and maybe the only American, who would be able to sit down with Darth Vladimir Putin, look him in the eye, and have a shot at making him blink. She wrote her doctoral dissertation on the collapse of the Soviet Union, and was tapped to advise both 41 and 43 on how to deal with Russia (well, for 43, she took care of a whole lot of other stuff too).

I think she should be a part of any administration's foreign policy team, and maybe even VP. I respect her a lot. And, like I said, her 2nd A credentials are burnished by her childhood seeing what the 2nd A is all about.

It's like 43 once said...you don't have to be the smartest guy in the room. You just need to be able to find the smartest people in the room for your advisors, and be able to exercise judgement over how to implement their advice.

In fact...one of the primary failings of the poultry-dropping-in-Chief who is currently staining the Oval Office is his persistent need to feel like "the smartest person in the room". He is THAT insecure...he feels threatened by ANYONE around him who he perceives MIGHT be smarter than he is. That is why he only selects people for his team who are dumber than he is. Problem is...he's not too smart. So to find people dumber than he, he REALLY has to go scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Case in point? VP Joe Biden.

Other case in point? He saw Hilary Clinton as MAYBE being smarter than he is, so he made her Secretary of State, sent her away across the ocean, and worked through his own intermediaries. Sent her out of the country, and never listened to a word she said.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I thought Paul was now in favor of guns?

He sure is….he even wants pilots to have them. No gun control on that…..if someone comes up with gun control measures he's has been there fighting against it. But thats not my main reason for liking Rand, the number one reason is he might be the only one in politics with any wisdom. He has said in the recent past that to fix this country it won't be from republicans or democrats, what this country needs is a spiritual revival back to God. His words, just saying what he has stated openly, not trying to start a "religious" thing that will get some INGO's up in arms……hey, I made a funny…up in arms. Anyway I'll save anymore for the Rand Paul thread that will pop up sometime. Personally I don't see the republicans backing Rand Paul….but miracles do happen….ooops….sorry INGO.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    You honesly think the establishment will support either of them?

Doubtful. But right now, that's what I'd like the ticket to be. But hey: I voted for Alan Keyes in the 2000 primary, wanted Rice to run in 2008, and was pulling for Perry in 2012.

I do think Walker could win the primary nomination. He's a solid governor who has fought back the worst that the left can bring, three times. He's as thoroughly vetted as can be, so there will be no surprises. After that: is it such a stretch to think that he could tap Cruz as his VP?

Top Bottom